Windows 10: Picture folder loading times very bad

Discus and support Picture folder loading times very bad in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; im also having trouble with my sorting of my picture folder that has 4068 pictures in it, it always takes awfully long time for it to load all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Teletha, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Teletha Win User

Picture folder loading times very bad

im also having trouble with my sorting of my picture folder that has 4068 pictures in it, it always takes awfully long time for it to load all the pictures in the folder even though it's on my ssd, didn't have this on win7 irritating... sometimes it's slower and sometimes a little faster.. I am running a 850 evo 256gb SSD as the main drive fyi. and if i want to open a image from the web-browser to upload somewhere it won't update the folder it only showing like 50% of my pictures i then have to manually open the explorer win+E and go to the picture folder so it can update that way and only then it updates the other window that was opened by the browser.
    I have so far only found flaws of win10 the only upside of 10 so far is the new UI look and some improvements, but i feel the cons are higher than the pro's...

some of my examples:

Picture folder loading times very bad [​IMG]

:)

Teletha, Aug 14, 2015
  2. オルソン フィリップ, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Picture folder loading times very bad

im having trouble with my sorting of my picture folder that has 4068 pictures in it, it always takes awfully long time for it to load all the pictures in the folder even though it's on my ssd, didn't have this on win7 irritating...
    sometimes it's slower and sometimes a little faster.. I am running a 850 evo 256gb SSD as the main drive fyi. and if i want to open a image from the web-browser to upload somewhere it won't update the folder it only showing like 50% of my pictures i then have
    to manually open the explorer win+E and go to the picture folder so it can update that way and only then it updates the other window that was opened by the browser.

I have so far only found flaws of win10 the only upside of 10 so far is the new UI look and some improvements, but i feel the cons are higher than the pro's...

some of my examples:

オルソン フィリップ, Aug 14, 2015
  4. Teletha Win User

guess it's just windows10 that sux, rip.

Teletha, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Picture folder loading times very bad - Similar Threads - Picture folder loading

2. My pc loading times are suddenly very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc loading times are suddenly very slow: My pc has randomly started being incredibly slow when loading up games, it seems fine in game when playing apart from a few lag spikes but it takes me sometimes 20 mins to load a game up then sometimes it crashes as well as this my download speed on steam, epic games etc is...
  3. My pc loading times are suddenly very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc loading times are suddenly very slow: My pc has randomly started being incredibly slow when loading up games, it seems fine in game when playing apart from a few lag spikes but it takes me sometimes 20 mins to load a game up then sometimes it crashes as well as this my download speed on steam, epic games etc is...
  4. My pc loading times are suddenly very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Some programs display bad. Very bad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some programs display bad. Very bad: [ATTACH] how do i fix this https://preview.redd.it/ug0zctp4y2l61.png?width=1919&format=png&auto=webp&s=a1a720d320421b4c0deb32c87b084bc4eff89d79 submitted by /u/lauti2043 [link] [comments]...
  6. Pictures no longer loading into dated sub-folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures no longer loading into dated sub-folders: Hi, I download pictures from my iPhone into MS Photos on my Windows 10 PC. These have always downloaded via Photos into dated sub-folders within the Pictures folder in File Explorer. Now, they don't. They download direct to the Pictures folder as individual items. See this...
  7. Slow folder load time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow folder load time: Is there any way to speed up folder load times? I have more than 250 items in the folder and they takes a while to arrange themselves (by date). Anyway to speed this up? G4560, 8GB 166128
  8. Windows Folders loading very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Folders loading very slow: Hi, My PC is very slow when loading folders. This is particularly noticeable with picture folders. I mean it can take 5 minutes and the green status slider is still going to load the pictures. I have sent hours and hours online trying to find an answer. I've tried...
  9. bad pictures and videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    bad pictures and videos: New laptop, the pictures and video quality terrible, what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-pictures-and-videos/3a789d42-4d97-422c-9569-a433d4ff458a
  10. loading pictures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    loading pictures: I have a Sony DSC-W830 camera I can't load the pics into my Windows 10 computer. Can you help me do that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loading-pictures/adebc038-128f-499a-ad6c-4122b1e2ce08