Windows 10: Pictures does not hold position in file explorer

Discus and support Pictures does not hold position in file explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently updated to Windows 10- everything seemed to be working great until I opened the File Explorer, then the Picture Folder, scrolled down about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by VJC, Dec 17, 2015.

1. VJC
    VJC Win User

Pictures does not hold position in file explorer

Recently updated to Windows 10- everything seemed to be working great until I opened the File Explorer, then the Picture Folder, scrolled down about half of a screen and attempted to change the name one of the pictures. Within 15 seconds the pictures jumped back to the initial screen, not allowing enough time to make any changes. I have tried this same process several times and each time the same results. Is there an ON/OFF option somewhere that controls how long you may view pictures? Or is there some other solution?

:)

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Dec 17, 2015
  3. File explorer does not open on windows 10

Original title:

file explorer opens and some drives like downloads could not open and automatically closes

file explorer does not open, Dec 17, 2015
Thema:

Pictures does not hold position in file explorer

1. Pictures does not hold position in file explorer - Similar Threads - Pictures does hold

2. How to move one picture position in a file of pictures?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move one picture position in a file of pictures?: Within a file folder of pictures, how can I make the last picture, which is an added index, the first picture without changing the other picture order?...
  3. How to move one picture position in a file of pictures?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move one picture position in a file of pictures?: Within a file folder of pictures, how can I make the last picture, which is an added index, the first picture without changing the other picture order?...
  4. pictures and file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pictures and file explorer: I am having a problem when I view photo's I have in a folder in file explorer. When I open the folder I can see 15 photos. When I open a photo it only will show 3 photos below that I can advance to. Why cant I see all 15 photos in the strip below and advance to each one?...
  5. Pictures in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures in File Explorer: I used to see little thumbnail images of the pictures in my folders. But now all I get is a whole lot of little squares with two mountains and a moon. How do I get the little thumbnails back?...
  6. Question Strange folder behavior. Files change position in Pictures folder. Explorer...

Question Strange folder behavior. Files change position in Pictures folder. Explorer...: Hello, the title pretty much sums it up. Here is also a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhFPuN8PeWI https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-strange-folder-behavior-files-change/0844c9d1-a261-41e5-a368-baa5b43076be
  7. Position of File Explorer

Position of File Explorer: After reconfiguring my PC with Win 10, twice because of update failures, once completed I've tried to reposition File Explorer on the right side of my screen. I can in fact reposition it, but once I close it and launch it again, it reverts back to the left side of screen,...
  8. File Explorer Pictures

File Explorer Pictures: I have a problem opening picture files in File Explorer. I am running the latest update to Windows 10. I cannot open a picture file from File Explorer. The pictures not just an icon in the various folders show up in the Explorer screen, but when I double click to open, I get...
  9. Pictures in File Explorer

Pictures in File Explorer: I used to say pictures from facebook by right clicking and clicking save as and save them in a file on my computer. In File explorer it would show the pictures and I could add them to order. Now I just get a symbal and the number but not a picture. How can I have it so I...
  10. Position of File Explorer Details Pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Position of File Explorer Details Pane: Hi. According to the final entries on this old thread: Possible to display details pane on bottom? - Page 2 - - Windows 10 Forums oldnewexplorer doesn't work after the Windows 10 anniversary update. I've newly upgraded to W10 and am disappointed that there is no longer a...