Windows 10: Pictures file filled with JS icons and CSSD

Discus and support Pictures file filled with JS icons and CSSD in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been putting a photo album together from Facebook. Others have been emailing me facebook photos Now many folders in Pictures are filled with... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BagelAnne, Aug 25, 2016.

1. BagelAnne Win User

Pictures file filled with JS icons and CSSD

I have been putting a photo album together from Facebook.
    Others have been emailing me facebook photos
    Now many folders in Pictures are filled with Javascript icons and Cascading style Sheet Documents.
    I have Vipre internet security.
    Am I infected?
    My Windows Photo Gallery no longer works.
    "Photo Gallery has stopped working"
    That spinning blue circle keeps running until I select close program.
    Then I an kicked out of pictures and am back to desktop
    Please help!

:)

BagelAnne, Aug 25, 2016

2. Two different files types have become associated

I am a web developer so I linked Sass files (.scss) so that the files would open with Dreamweaver (version 5.5). Unfortunately, somehow JavaScript files have been linked to Sass files in the registry so that they show the same icon for both
    .scss and .js files (rather like the way .htm and .html, or .jpg and .jpeg are treated the same).

If I use the program "Default Programs Editor" and visit the area to associate an icon with a filetype, the filetype is listed as:

Description JS file

Extensions of this type: .js, .scss

I don't mind the fact that both files open in Dreamweaver but the annoying thing is that both files show the same icon which means I can't tell which type of file it is (as I have extensions hidden).

Can anyone tell me how to separate the two extensions in the registry?

Paul Hope Cove, Aug 25, 2016
  3. Windows 10 LARGE shortcut Icons are the same size as Medium Icons

Hello guys,

Ok, I created some custom large icons for my folder shortcuts. I wanted the picture to fill the icon square space. The icon looks exactly the way I want it. But when I apply the icon to the shortcut, its the same size as the Medium icon except the so-called
    large one has a big thick border around it.

I tried using CTRL and scrolling the wheel and the icon stays the same but the surrounding border or padding gets bigger--not the picture. This is strange to me because if I put the same ICO file along side the folder, the ICO file is much bigger about twice
    the size of my shortcut icon.

I'm very disappointed that I can't get my shortcut icon to fill the whole icon space.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Am I just going to have to live with this? It doesn't make sense to allot that much space to an icon but just fill it with empty space. The medium and the large are the same size!

You can see in the attached picture below. The actual ICO file is much better. When I apply that icon to the shortcut it is the same size as the medium with more padding. Below the first row, the View is set to Extra Large, but the only thing that changes
    is the padding around the picture. Its not extra large at all. The picture is swamped in a sea of nothing!

Pictures file filled with JS icons and CSSD [​IMG]

Jacob_Pressures, Aug 25, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome to the TenForums *Smile

I don't use Facebook but it sounds like you may have been copying the links to the pictures rather than the actual images.

Usually when you are viewing pictures in online albums you need to download the images to save them. This will often be an option you get when right clicking on the images or folders.

philc43, Aug 25, 2016
  5. BagelAnne Win User
    I updated windows 10 to ver. 1607 and all seems to be working.
    Thanks!!

BagelAnne, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Pictures file filled with JS icons and CSSD - Similar Threads - Pictures file filled

2. icons wont fill shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icons wont fill shortcut: a simple problem but i couldn't solve it for ages, some icons wont fill the shortcut space, this is windows 10 proI tried custom icons but only some work and after a while they also shrink, this only happens when icon size is set to large...
  3. icons wont fill shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icons wont fill shortcut: a simple problem but i couldn't solve it for ages, some icons wont fill the shortcut space, this is windows 10 proI tried custom icons but only some work and after a while they also shrink, this only happens when icon size is set to large...
  4. icons wont fill shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. execute a .js file using Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    execute a .js file using Task Scheduler: Hello.I have a JavaScript file that I execute it with node using cmd or VS Code.I have tried to schedule a task using:Action: Start a programProgram/ Script: "C:\Users\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\Code.exe"Arguments: -l - i -c...
  6. Icons to Pictures in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons to Pictures in File Explorer: In Windows 10 20H2 OS Build 19042.630 and in File Explorer I would like to see the actual pictures and not just the icons when I open a folder that has either some form of jpeg or video. Ive tried to look through the Tutorials and cannot seem to find the correct one to fix...
  7. Picture File Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture File Icons: I have created a file folder to put my pictures in. Each picture in the file is displayed as an icon instead of the actual picture. This is a change from when I upgraded to windows 10. Now I can't figure out how to change the view of the icon to the picture....
  8. File Explore.. viewing picture icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explore.. viewing picture icon: I used to be able to view a jpg or jpeg file in any folder it was in when I selected that folder.. It was very useful when I wanted to include it in a email or text message and I did not have to memorize the file name instead of looking at the picture and choosing it.. why...
  9. .js Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .js Error: hi With no reason and with different intervals, windows 10, show this error : Can not find script file C:\users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\tempINEE36788M.js It is annoying and does not stop :((((((((( please help Thanks...
  10. Pictures icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pictures icons: I found one question and answer, with perhaps some others with the same question. But the solution doesn't make sense to me and/or doesn't work. I store a number of my photos in the "Pictures" folder provided - same location as documents, downloads, etc. In the past, the...