Windows 10: Pictures folder problems

Discus and support Pictures folder problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, So I followed these instructions: 1. Right click an affected folder. 2. Click Properties. 3. Click the Security tab 4. Click the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Traijan, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Traijan Win User

Pictures folder problems

Hi,

So I followed these instructions:
    And it fixed the other system folders but it's not fixing the Pictures folder, the Pictures folder still refuses to allow me to write anything into it.

I followed the instructions exactly from above. The thing is though that with Step 5 and 6 above my username is already listed as the owner. I go ahead and do them anyway, and type in my username and click the button and add it in again but it never appears in the list of users that have access to the folder at all.

I tried closing the windows after clicking ok and reopening them to see that I'm still listed as the owner of it in the Advanced settings but I'm not in the list of users below that. I have also rebooted the computer but I'm still not listed in the users with access nor can I write/save files to the Pictures folder

How do I solve this?

:)

Traijan, Aug 6, 2015

2. Problem with Pictures folder

Option #1: did not return any integrity violations.

Option #2: I tried various input methods for each DISM test but each query was "not known".

A Google search turned up numerous users with the same issue with Windows 10. The solution is to disable the background slide show and instead use a static picture. Obviously an unresolved problem with Windows 10 and not a desireable permanent solution.

This issue is present on a Windows 8.1 laptop as well as a Windows 8.1 desktop...both recently upgraded to Windows 10...but oddly not an issue on a Windows 7 laptop upgraded to Windows 10.

JoelKendrick, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Problem with Pictures folder

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run system file checker (SFC) and see if it helps. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click
    command prompt (admin).

b. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

sfc /scannow

System file checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

If it does not help, use method 2.

Method 2:

Run DISM tool and check the issue. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click
    command prompt (admin).

b. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Regards,

Rakesh.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Traijan Win User

Pictures folder problems

Okay, I finally figured this out.

As it turns out in the Advanced folder options for the system folders like Pictures, My Documents etc, in all of them except for the Pictures folder, I was listed as a both the owner and as a user in the list of users that gives my account full access.

But for some reason the Pictures folder only had me listed as the owner but it never listed me in the list of users that can access the Pictures folder.

Once I added my account to the list in the advanced window then it now allows me to save to the Pictures folder.

Strange that I had no issues with any of those folders on W7, but after installing W10 it botched it up on all of those system type folders. In any event it's now working as it should (at least as far as I've tested so far).

Traijan, Aug 10, 2015
  5. linw Win User
    Were those folders in the conventional places or had they been moved?

6. Traijan Win User
    They were moved in Windows 7 off the System HDD to the F:\ drive.

Traijan, Aug 10, 2015
  7. linw Win User
    That's why the permissions were mangled.

Glad to hear yours are fixed now.

linw, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Pictures folder problems

1. Pictures folder problems - Similar Threads - Pictures folder problems

2. Picture Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture Folders: I'm having a problem with my picture folders. I used to be able to open a folder or sub folder and the thumbnails of other pictures in that folder would display along the bottom. It no longer does that. So now I'm unable to perform comparison or do collages. Any thoughts as...
  3. Problems moving Documents & Pictures folders from OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems moving Documents & Pictures folders from OneDrive folder: Hi. I have a new laptop which I am just setting up to my liking and I didn't want OneDrive. This may have been a mistake but I have cleaned out all the files from the cloud and uninstalled OneDrive from my computer. I have been left with a OneDrive folder in my users/name...
  4. Pictures folder problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures folder problem: I want to put some pictures into the pictures folder in my account on my local drive. When i try the Pictures folder below PC in the navigation pane it is now in the OneDrive folder. When i try to go to it via my C drive it does not exist. When i try to restore the...
  5. Pictures in Pictures folder

Pictures in Pictures folder: The pictures in my pictures folder are downloaded to my hard drive, but today I looked in the folder and they were gone. It could be a OneDrive thing or the fact that i imported photos with the photos app last night. I would like to get my pictures back....
  6. Sharing problem for Pictures - Empty Folders

Sharing problem for Pictures - Empty Folders: Hello all, I set up Media sharing way back on my PC (Ver 1903) so I could watch movies, pictures and music on my TV. I could browse my libraries direct from my TV or I could use Bubbleupnp app on my android phone to select movie or picture and play it on my TV. No problems....
  7. Picture Folder

Picture Folder: When I upload some photos from my phone all I get is that they were uploaded but I can't view them and just says "We can't open this file." How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-folder/adf8efee-979e-4790-b789-8133c95068df"
  8. Problems with Photos app in Pictures folder

Problems with Photos app in Pictures folder: The first problem is, w hen I try to open a file in This PC > Pictures, I get this error message [ATTACH] The error does not occur if I go to Owner > Pictures instead of This PC > Pictures, or if I am already in This PC > Pictures and I click on the folder again, then open...
  9. Pictures folder

Pictures folder: Somehow my "Pictures" folder has renamed itself to "Favorites". When I look at properties though it still shows "pictures". I cannot rename it either. Wondering how & why this happened??? I am using Windows 10...
  10. Folder properties and icon's picture problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder properties and icon's picture problem: Hi, Two days ago I woke up to this problem, my icon pictures are gone and I can't access properties when I right click anything. So, night before everything was fine, PC went to sleep mode, next morning i get up wake PC from sleep mode and the problem i mentioned was...