Windows 10: Pictures in Firefox Overlap Text

Discus and support Pictures in Firefox Overlap Text in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am running Firefox 57.0.2 under W10 build 1709. The first shot in in Edge and shows the pictures just where they should be. The second is in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JJG10, Dec 23, 2017.

1. JJG10 Win User

Pictures in Firefox Overlap Text

I am running Firefox 57.0.2 under W10 build 1709.

The first shot in in Edge and shows the pictures just where they should be.
    The second is in Firefox. Notice the pictures overlap the text.

Anyone have a notion how to fix this?

Thank you.

In Edge

Pictures in Firefox Overlap Text [​IMG]

In Firefox

Pictures in Firefox Overlap Text [​IMG]

:)

JJG10, Dec 23, 2017
  2. BenKorie Win User

Windows 10 text and pictures not showing up

Hi,

SO after i upgraded to windows 10 everything seems a little off. when i click to open the start menu only the text will show up and no pictures show up at all. SO then i tried to fix it by clicking on settings and then personalization. when i do that again
    no pictures show up at all so u cant see what backgrounds you can choose from. Then some of the text is all weird and is overlapped with other text. and example would be in the background selection screen it has a drop down menu for picture, solid color or
    slide show. all you can see of the is that it says picture with an arrow beside it. there is no box around it and then it has "on Start of the taskbar" overlapped were it says picture.

BenKorie, Dec 23, 2017
  3. Taskbar overlapping full screen

Same here. Windows 10, after one of the recent updates the task bar --locked and not autohidden-- now overlaps Word and Firefox when in they are maximized. I don't like Full Screen Mode of Firefox and just want to use it as usual.

seasthesky, Dec 23, 2017
  4. Pictures in Firefox Overlap Text

Josey Wales, Dec 23, 2017
  5. JJG10 Win User
    JJG10, Dec 23, 2017
  6. If you are using any Legacy Extension try disabling them and see what happens. You can also click on the Hamburger then help/restart with add-ons disabled.

Josey Wales, Dec 23, 2017
  7. JJG10 Win User
    Nope, no extensions.
    Thanks again.

JJG10, Dec 23, 2017
  8. JJG10 Win User

Well, I have found the root of the problem. It has to do with Theme and Font Size Changer no longer being able to change font sizes in Firefox 57.0.2. I really needed to do that to keep my tired old eyes happy -- Very important. I found on the web a solution to increase the size of the Toolbar by How can I increase the font size in the FF57 toolbars and menus | Firefox Support Forum | Mozilla Support. I went to about:config and changed layout.css.devPixelsPerPx to 1.5 and the Toolbar came very nicely formatted. Then I noticed the subject problem. I changed layout.css.devPixelsPerPx back to one and the problem went away.

I have to choose which is most important to me. Having a readable Toolbar or seeing the WYDaily site not messed up. That is a no-brainer as far as my eyes are concerned.

Maybe one day a replacement for Theme and Font Size Changer will appear.

Thanks Josey for you help. I really appreciate it.

JJG10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Pictures in Firefox Overlap Text - Similar Threads - Pictures Firefox Overlap

2. Right click menu icons overlapping the text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click menu icons overlapping the text: Hello I'm not sure if this issue occured with latest windows updates. I'm running Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release and when I righ click on the desktop or in any folder my icons are overlapping the text when I restart the explorer it fixes it for like 5...
  3. Right click menu icons overlapping the text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click menu icons overlapping the text: Hello I'm not sure if this issue occured with latest windows updates. I'm running Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release and when I righ click on the desktop or in any folder my icons are overlapping the text when I restart the explorer it fixes it for like 5...
  4. overlapping text on websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    overlapping text on websites: I've read the forums, i've tried adjusting on fire fox and on win 11either its way too tiny to see or page is correct but the text over laps example from youtub i use firefox only....
  5. overlapping text on websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    overlapping text on websites: I've read the forums, i've tried adjusting on fire fox and on win 11either its way too tiny to see or page is correct but the text over laps example from youtub i use firefox only....
  6. Firefox and pictures/videos

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox and pictures/videos: For a while I'm having problems with displaying of pictures and some videos. For pictures at some sites (a lot of them) instead of a picture I see only it's placeholder, sometimes just a grey background or nothing. Video problems manifest mostly as black screen with circle as...
  7. text on pictures

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    text on pictures: Does anyone know an app that is free that you can text on pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-on-pictures/2bee9910-a8af-43ab-9440-17f314cea2f8
  8. picture problem and text

in Windows 10 Customization
    picture problem and text: when I am inserting a photo in power point or word. Only half the picture is being shown even in word. there is also a problem in one note where the print is showing like that[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. text is overlapping

in Windows 10 Customization
    text is overlapping: I am facing a weird issue in my new Dell laptop. The text in some application is overlapping. I have changed the resolution on my Nvidia and it is still the same please assist me [ATTACH]...
  10. Overlapping text/fonts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Overlapping text/fonts: Hi Microsoft team, I have recently upgraded my system to Windows 10. The new OS is unable to identify multiple fonts(including pre-installed fonts provided by Microsoft). In a nutshell, font type Calibri and Arial are working perfectly until i change it to Century gothic or...