Windows 10: Pin a separate shortcut with command line switch to start

Discus and support Pin a separate shortcut with command line switch to start in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows treats multiple shortcuts to the same exe as a single pin. I have an excel shortcut where I have inserted a command line switch in the target... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MatthewMPW, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Pin a separate shortcut with command line switch to start

Windows treats multiple shortcuts to the same exe as a single pin. I have an excel shortcut where I have inserted a command line switch in the target path. I want to pin both normal excel shortcut and the second shortcut with the command line switch. It treats them as one.

One thing about this behavior that is funny is, when I right click the item on the start menu and click open file location, it takes me to a folder with the shortcuts, NOT the exe.. so it clearly knows where the shortcuts are and understands they are not the same thing as the exe.

I don't understand why windows it being so heavy handed with what is allowed on the start menu in the first place.

:)

MatthewMPW, Aug 10, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Pin a separate shortcut with command line switch to start :)

3. dalchina Win User
    Can a universal app be started via keyboard shortcut or command line

You could do this:

Pin a separate shortcut with command line switch to start [​IMG]

- drag a shortcut off the start menu and assign a keyboard shortcut.

Command line: see
    How to start Microsoft Photos from command line?
    for an example

Go here in file explorer
    %appdata%\..\local\Packages
    and you will see a list of others, including Weather

dalchina, Aug 10, 2018
  4. ryanly Win User

Pin a separate shortcut with command line switch to start

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Pin a separate shortcut with command line switch to start

1. Pin a separate shortcut with command line switch to start - Similar Threads - Pin separate shortcut

2. Function of the command "pin to start"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function of the command "pin to start": what actually happen when I run the command "pin to start" for an app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-of-the-command-pin-to-start/5a21c33a-fc08-4ff6-a10b-2dc9a5e16feb
  3. Function of the command "pin to start"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Function of the command "pin to start": what actually happen when I run the command "pin to start" for an app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-of-the-command-pin-to-start/5a21c33a-fc08-4ff6-a10b-2dc9a5e16feb
  4. Command line commands

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command line commands: I would like to create a shortcut on the desktop using a command in a .bat file. I would like to specify what icon file to use, what program to execute, and the parameters to pass to the program. I have researched MKLINK but I don't think it will do the job. Any...
  5. Pin a shortcut to Start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pin a shortcut to Start: I have Among Us Epic Games on my laptop, and I want to pin it to the start menu. I could just pin Among Us exact url C:/Program Files/..., however, multiplayer does not work because it has to open in the Epic Games launcher, which is why Epic Games created a shortcut on the...
  6. Pin shortcuts to Start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pin shortcuts to Start: I would like to add shortcuts to my Start Menu. I know you can add programs plus items like Control Panel and administrative tools. But I would like to add my saved Remote Desktop Connection sessions. I hate having to minimize all my windows at get to my Desktop. And I don't...
  7. Switch the spatial sound with command line

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch the spatial sound with command line: My device has 2 output methods which is monitor built in sound with DP and a USB headset, but every time I turned on the machine, the spatial sound is turned off, I have to turn it to Dolby Atmos manually. I was wondering is that possible to make a bat or ps1 file so it will...
  8. Unable to start CMD from command line using switch -verb runas

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to start CMD from command line using switch -verb runas: I was able to start cmd as administrator from cmd/powershell using the following command: start cmd -verb runas I am no longer do so. The command fires up a new cmd window but without admin privelege. I am not aware which update or changes blocked this functionality....
  9. Unable to Pin Shortcut to Start

Unable to Pin Shortcut to Start: I installed Ccleaner and inadvertently unchecked the 'Create shortcut on start menu.' I've uninstalled and reinstalled, created a shortcut and copied to the 2 Start Menu/Programs but it still won't show up in the start menu. Any ideas? 107095
  10. Can a universal app be started via keyboard shortcut or command line

Can a universal app be started via keyboard shortcut or command line: The thread title pretty much says it all. Can a universal app (currently interested in Weather) be started via keyboard shortcut or command line command? 76936

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pin shortcuts command line

2. 1903 taskbar pin command line