Windows 10: Pin all desktop items to Start Menu at once?

Discus and support Pin all desktop items to Start Menu at once? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have a decent amount of items on my Desktop that I want to pin to the Start Menu. Pinning them one by one would be a pain, so is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pr3castDragon, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Pin all desktop items to Start Menu at once?

Hey guys, I have a decent amount of items on my Desktop that I want to pin to the Start Menu. Pinning them one by one would be a pain, so is there a way to pin all of them at once? Thanks *Smile

:)

Pr3castDragon, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Teemosan Win User

Pinned items not showing up in start menu

I have a few items on my desktop: a couple wordpad documents, and a .bat script that I wrote.

If I right click on the .bat file there is no option to pin to start menu. Yet if I drag it down to the start menu button it shows the circle with arrow indicating that it allows me to pin it, and ti says "pin to start menu". But then it doesn't show up
    in the start menu. How can I get it to show up?

thanks

Teemosan, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Start menu issue

I have upgraded Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. All seemed to go smooth.

But after two days of use, the Start menu no longer shows newly installed items.

I installed several desktop applications. But they no longer appear in all-apps.

It seems that if they are not listed in all apps, they also will not pin to the start menu or show up in the Windows search.

The items that are placed on the desktop still pin to the taskbar.

The context menu also shows the option "pin to start" but it no longer works.

Different from some other reports on the start menu, mine still works for the apps that do show up from the initial upgrade.

Also the programs that will not show up on my user account, do show on different user account.

It looks like the Start menu is corrupted for my user account.

Unfortunatly, the simpler times seem gone and I have not yet had the time to figured out where the Start menu is stored and what exactly is corrupted.

I would like to fix/rebuild the start menu, so I won't need to undo the upgrade entirely.

G.M.P.van Dam, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Pin all desktop items to Start Menu at once?

1. Pin all desktop items to Start Menu at once? - Similar Threads - Pin desktop items

2. All my pinned Start menu items disappeared again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my pinned Start menu items disappeared again: Hi.All my pinned Start Menu items have disappeared again. Some of you will know that this is a regular occurrence 4 instances last year, including June and November, and then again in February 2023.My Start menu has, again, been replaced the default "Productivity" set of...
  3. All my pinned Start menu items disappeared again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my pinned Start menu items disappeared again: Hi.All my pinned Start Menu items have disappeared again. Some of you will know that this is a regular occurrence 4 instances last year, including June and November, and then again in February 2023.My Start menu has, again, been replaced the default "Productivity" set of...
  4. All my pinned Start menu items disappeared again

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. start menu pinned to desktop

start menu pinned to desktop: my start menu is always on top of the desktop making me unable to access the desktop directly, how can i resolve that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pinned-to-desktop/1d188809-d239-418c-942b-d5e4455693a5
  6. Start menu missing all installed programs/apps and pinned items

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu missing all installed programs/apps and pinned items: I'm running windows 10 Pro 1903 and have been having some trouble with my start menu. The other week pinned items would not work so I done a repair install to fix the problem. Today suddenly most of my pinned items on the start menu have mysteriously vanished and all my...
  7. Pinned items disappear in start menu

Pinned items disappear in start menu: I'm facing a problem recently. I pinned some softwares in start menu. But when I turned on my PC again, I saw that they are missing !!! I've pinned again and they disappeared again Would you like to tell me that what's the problem and how can I fix it?...
  8. Can't unpin/pin items in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't unpin/pin items in start menu: Hi, I've been using windows 10 for some time and I didn't have any problems until now, idk when the problem appeared or what caused it. I wanted to uninstall a program that I wasn't using, and it was pinned to my start menu tile, and I wanted to put something in that...
  9. Item pinned to Start Menu is not visible

in Windows 10 Support
    Item pinned to Start Menu is not visible: I pinned Windows Update to my Start Menu. After some time, I noticed it was gone and tried to re-pin it. But when I right-clicked on the setting, all that showed up was "Unpin from Start." Selecting that option causes the dialog window to crash/close. As things stand, I...
  10. Pinning items to left side of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinning items to left side of Start Menu?: ....referring to the huge blank space Microsoft has provided on the left side of the start menu below the "most used" programs and above the folders selected in the Personalization/Start settings. Is this not customizable? Or has anyone figured out a workaround for this...