Windows 10: PIN and Fingerprint not working after Windows 10 Update

Discus and support PIN and Fingerprint not working after Windows 10 Update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've seen multiple forums on this subject and I see that Microsoft locks the forum not allowing any more comments which is absolutely ridiculous.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Braddock, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Braddock Win User

PIN and Fingerprint not working after Windows 10 Update

I've seen multiple forums on this subject and I see that Microsoft locks the forum not allowing any more comments which is absolutely ridiculous.

Like many many many others my laptop did an automatic Windows 10 update. After the update my fingerprint AND pin no longer work. Its funny that the lock screen says that I must sign in using the pin but right below that it states that I can no longer use my pin.

It says I have to go to Settings>Sign-in options but when I go there I don't find an option to reactivate my pin or fingerprint.

I see complaints about this as far back as 3 months ago with no working solutions from Microsoft.

How sad is it that Microsoft is aware of a problem, they respond with non-working solutions (if they respond at all), and then lock the forum so nobody else with the same problem can comment on there.

Why oh why did I purchase a Microsoft laptop. After my last laptop I swore I'd purchase a Apple Mac but I was lured in by the lower price tag. Well the saying is true; you get what you pay for, especially when it comes to customer service from Microsoft.

:)

Braddock, Aug 26, 2018

2. windows 10 fingerprint and PIN setup not working

I have the same problem. The fingerprint reader in my Dell XPS15 laptop was working fine until today, when Windows updates occurred (I now have Windows 10 build 1703).

The fingerprint reader stopped working. In an attempt to resolve this issue, I decided to re-do the "Fingerprint" set up, but this does not work. There are 2 cases:

1) If I remove my PIN, I am then able to perform "Fingerprint setup", but at the end of this process it asks me to add a PIN, but this 'Add' does not work, and I am left without a PIN and without a configured fingerprint.

2) If I add a PIN first, this works, but if I then try to do "Fingerprint setup", I am taken to a "Windows Hello setup" dialog box. I click "Get started" and I am prompted for my PIN in the "Windows Security" dialog box. I enter the correct PIN, the laptop
    makes a little noise, after which I am left with the "Windows Hello setup" dialog box with just a "Cancel" button.

If this is due to a corrupted user account (as suggested above) then this must have been caused by the Windows Update. Whatever the underlying cause, it is definitely the Windows Update that is responsible for the sudden fingerprint reader failure.

MrWinnieThePooh, Aug 26, 2018
  3. chris_80 Win User
    Windows Hello - PIN and Fingerprint not working anymore

First, this is similar with
    this question
    , but that thread is locked with no solution.

After some months of fingerprint login working fine, after some update few months ago fingerprint stopped working, error message like "windows hello encountered a problem and stopped working".

- noticed that PIN is not set up anymore

- tried to set up PIN or fingerprint - not working (fingerprint sensor was not even recognized by Hello, even though Dell tools verification was ok).

- reinstalled fingerprint sensor driver, managed to determine Hello to find sensor and allowed to set up fingerprint until near the end when it requested for a PIN to be setup. asked for my password but the next screen (to enter PIN twice) never appears

- deleted Ngc folder, recreated, managed to set up PIN individually

- when I try to set up fingerprint click on Get Started, asks for PIN, and after I enter the PIN the popup disappear but does't go to the next step with sensor, stays there with only the Cancel button visible.

To answer obvious questions:

- windows updates done. no change

- new account created and tried to set up. same issues with fingerprint setup, at the end not setting up PIN or I set up PIN separately on fingerprint start does not go further than entering PIN after Get Started.

chris_80, Aug 26, 2018
  4. Aspen93 Win User

PIN and FingerPrint not working

XPS 15 user having the same problem as those above (fingerprint and PIN not working). Windows Hello was working fine, but a recent update seems to have caused an issue with PIN registration and devices that have the fingerprint scanner. My windows desktop
    has no issues logging in with the PIN, only the XPS 15 laptop.

Hopefully Microsoft can come up with a fix for this soon.

Aspen93, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

1. PIN and Fingerprint not working after Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - PIN Fingerprint working

2. My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update.: My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update. The computer won't let me set them up or amend them. Downloaded fingerprint drivers but no joy. Any suggestions how to get them back?...
  3. My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update.: My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update. The computer won't let me set them up or amend them. Downloaded fingerprint drivers but no joy. Any suggestions how to get them back?...
  4. My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows sign in fingerprint and pin not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows sign in fingerprint and pin not working: HiMy laptop's fingerprint reader didnt recognise my fingerprint, saying something went wrong on their end. The only other sign in option is pin, which again is not working due to an issue on their end.When trying to recover the account, the recovery email and phone are not...
  6. Fingerprint scan no longer working after Windows 10 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint scan no longer working after Windows 10 update: This seems to have something to do with "windows Hello" which my lap top apparently doesn't have access to. So now my $2000 Dell laptop has a fingerscanner but Windows won't let me use it....
  7. Fingerprint reader not working after windows update.

Fingerprint reader not working after windows update.: My windows was recently updated and after which fingerprint reader stopped working. "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello fingerprint." I tried updating the driver from the device manager but it says the best driver for this is already...
  8. pin and fingerprint not working

pin and fingerprint not working: yesterday when i signed in to my microsoft account they asked me for a computer pin and i put one with a finger print later after i restarted it my finger print was working but my pin was not. Today my finger print and pin is not working not even the I forgot my pin link...
  9. Fingerprint reader not working after Windows updates

Fingerprint reader not working after Windows updates: Hi, I have a Lenovo Yoga C930-131KB laptop (Type 81C4), and the recent update disabled my fingerprint reader. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, and manually updating the drivers from the Lenovo website. No luck. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. ***Original...
  10. synaptics fingerprint not working after windows 10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    synaptics fingerprint not working after windows 10 1903 update: Ever Since I have upgraded my windows 10 to 1903 on june-17th-2019, the synaptics wbdi is not at all working properly (for Windows Hello) when I open Device manager>Biometric Devices>Synaptics WBDI>properties: "this device cannot start. (code 10)" And no "Fingerprint"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fingerprint and pin not working

2. fingerprint lock in windows 10 not detected error

3. windows can no longer use pin or fingerprint

4. microsoft sign-in options not working fingerprint or pin,
  5. windows hello pinthis option is currently unavailable—click to learn more,
  6. finger print options does not working after the windows update on windows 10,
  7. windows fingerprint login stopped working asus,
  8. windows pin and fingerprint,
  9. windows 10 fingerprint not working,
  10. my acer computer did an update and i can no longer sign in with my fingerprint,
  11. finger print is no lonegr working after update,
  12. pin and fingerprint no longer recognized because of update,
  13. no able to sign in wit fingerprint after windows updates,
  14. windows finger print reader fails and pin login error,
  15. windows security dialog no fingerprint option