Windows 10: PIN entry screen not displayed on boot

Discus and support PIN entry screen not displayed on boot in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all My PC has developed an annoying issue over the last week. When I boot the PC I get the normal desktop screen with the date and time correctly... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by UKMedia, Nov 3, 2016.

1. UKMedia Win User

PIN entry screen not displayed on boot

Hi all

My PC has developed an annoying issue over the last week. When I boot the PC I get the normal desktop screen with the date and time correctly shown. If I then hit a key to move to the PIN entry screen, the time and date are removed but the PIN entry box is not displayed and entering the PIN does not make any difference. If I leave the PC alone, after about 30 secs the time and date are re-displayed but the same issue happens when hitting a key. When failing to display the PIN screen, my network connectivity is shown as 'Limited' in the Network button of the three buttons in the bottom right of the screen - not sure if this is an issue

If I go and make a cup of tea, when I return it all works okay.*Banghead

These are the things I have tried:

1/ Windows update;
    2/ Full Virus scan, using Windows Defender;
    3/ Full Malware scan using Malwarebytes;
    4/ Update all drivers using DriverMax;
    5/ Open PowerShell(Admin) and run SFC - no errors reported;
    6/ Open Powershell(Admin) and run DISM - no errors reported;
    7/ Re-enter PIN using the 'I Forgot my PIN" under Sign-In options;
    8/ Run CHKDSK /f /r on my OS SSD.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Regards

:)

UKMedia, Nov 3, 2016

2. Homebase: PIN entry screen opens too late

When booting up my HTC S740 having Windows Mobile 6.1 installed, the Homebase screen is displayed for up to two seconds before the PIN entry screen is displayed.

A malicious user could use this time to read Homebase contents. Depending on a mobile phone's configuration this could be message content, wallpaper content or calendar entries. This could become quite a high security risk.

I'd like to suggest that - if activated - nothing is displayed before the PIN entry screen is positively confirmed.

Axel Dahmen

BetterToday, Nov 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 PC Wake Issue - Profile Picture and login box were missing.

Yeah, so the interesting thing, since you mention a pin login...

This issue all started for me with a pin login, I was using one until last Friday, I went to unlock my computer with the pin, and it was bizarre, I would hit a key to take me to the pin entry, enter my pin and the screen would flash, then go to another pin
    entry screen, where I could enter it again, and it would take me back to the first screen, where I would have to hit a key to get back to the pin entry screen. After going through that loop about 10 times, I just started spamming the wrong pin until it locked
    me out of entering the pin. At that point it prompted me for the password, and I entered that to login.

Ever since that, I've been having this password field issue, and I also can't enable pin entry...which sort of makes me think it's a corrupted profile, but I could be wrong about that.

HandOfReform, Nov 3, 2016
  4. UKMedia Win User

This appears to have sorted itself, no problem for 5 days now.*Huh

UKMedia, Nov 14, 2016
Thema:

1. PIN entry screen not displayed on boot - Similar Threads - PIN entry screen

2. Windows 11: Boot loop into Bitlocker entry screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Boot loop into Bitlocker entry screen.: I installed the 22H2 KB5012170 update but was not aware at that time that the update required two restarts. As a result during boot the system endlessly cycled through Bitlocker Entry Screen. In order to fix this boot loop I wiped the C:\ drive, and re-installed W11 from...
  3. Windows 11: Boot loop into Bitlocker entry screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Boot loop into Bitlocker entry screen.: I installed the 22H2 KB5012170 update but was not aware at that time that the update required two restarts. As a result during boot the system endlessly cycled through Bitlocker Entry Screen. In order to fix this boot loop I wiped the C:\ drive, and re-installed W11 from...
  4. PIN entry screen won't display

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN entry screen won't display: I typically use a PIN to log in after reboot or after locking my machine. Most of the time a click of the mouse or hitting any key on the keyboard will bring up the PIN entry screen. Sometimes there could be a few seconds delay while the camera searches for my face, but I...
  5. HELP Please - Black Screen After PIN Entry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP Please - Black Screen After PIN Entry: Hi, - Windows 10 Home 64-bit (OS Build 19042.906) So, right after I input my PIN at the login/bootup screen, my screen goes instantly dark. I'm still able to move cursor and seems that I've successfully booted up since I'm able to do Ctrl+Alt+Del and restart via the power...
  6. Stuck at blurry pin entry screen with no typing field

Stuck at blurry pin entry screen with no typing field: We just recently got a pc for my wife to work at home. The pc was running fine for about a week. Tonight she restarted the pc and it gets to the screen where you click and the pin pad comes up, but in this instance, the screen blurs like the pinpad is coming up, but nothing...
  7. Help! Stuck on welcome screen before pin entry!

Help! Stuck on welcome screen before pin entry!: Hey everyone! I recently installed a few Windows 10 updates and afterwards restarted my laptop. Once it booted up I got to the welcome screen where you can click or hit any key to proceed to your pin or password to log into your computer. My problem is that when I click or...
  8. PIN entry window at welcome screen

PIN entry window at welcome screen: My PIN entry window has disappeared. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-entry-window-at-welcome-screen/88be7a9d-7ef2-4089-aa62-b648ebc8ea12
  9. tryin to log in. Black screen after pin entry

tryin to log in. Black screen after pin entry: Start up screen shows time and date. I Hit enter and screen shows name and pin login space. I type in pin and screen goes black. Screen only shows white cursor....
  10. Triplicate entries in boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Triplicate entries in boot: I had few problems with dual boot but now I have only Windows 10 installed. Currently in my UEFI BIOS shows 3 entries which all of them will load Windows 10. When I will reinstall Ubuntu I don't want useless entries in my boot manager. Should I not have only one entry to...