Windows 10: Pin Excel to start and or taskbar

Discus and support Pin Excel to start and or taskbar in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Cannot Pin Excel to start menu or task bar. Office shows on start menu but have to open it first then Excel. Excel does not show on list of programs.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by sodapop, Dec 13, 2017.

1. sodapop Win User

Pin Excel to start and or taskbar

Cannot Pin Excel to start menu or task bar. Office shows on start menu but have to open it first then Excel. Excel does not show on list of programs. It opens fine when I go to office THEN to excel but would be more convenient to go directly to Excel since I use it often

:)

sodapop, Dec 13, 2017

2. Option to pin to taskbar is missing for Excel in Windows 10

Hello Kent,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

Usually when you're working on any Excel file, you can see an instance of Excel Icon will be located on taskbar. Simply right-click and selecting
    Pin to taskbar will do this. Let me elaborate this in steps.

* Open new Excel sheet or any Excel file which you're working. (I.e. to open new Excel sheet, press
    Start, type Excel and select same from the list)

* Go to Taskbar and then right-click on opened Excel file located on taskbar.

* Now select Pin to taskbar.

Another way is, go to Start /> All apps, then navigate alphabetically till you find
    Excel. Then right-click on, point to More and select Pin to taskbar.

Done, this will Pin Excel sheet to Taskbar. You can follow the same steps for pinning any application to taskbar.

Keep us posted the outcome.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 13, 2017
  3. MikeIP6 Win User
    How to pin applications to taskbar with windows 10

Hi,

Just bought a new PC with Windows 10 and installed MS Office Home & Student 2016

I can pin Word to both Start and Taskbar

BUT the option to pin to Taskbar does not appear for either Excel or Powerpoint when I right click on their icon - whether they are on the desktop, in the list of Apps in the start menu or even in the programs folder in the bowels of the file system

How can I pin Excel to the Taskbar?

MikeIP6, Dec 13, 2017
  4. PJLLB Win User

Depending on the version of office you are using Excel may be under a "Microsoft Office" folder in the start menu.

PJLLB, Dec 13, 2017
  5. sodapop Win User
    I know it is under office, How do put the EXCEL icon , by itself , on the task bar?. So I can access it with one click and not 3.

sodapop, Dec 13, 2017
  6. Cr00zng Win User
    In the Office folder, find Excel, right-click and select "More...", click on "Pin to taskbar...". That should do it...

Cr00zng, Dec 13, 2017
  7. sodapop Win User
    Right clicking does nothing, no response

sodapop, Dec 13, 2017
  8. Cr00zng Win User

Is this a stand alone, or domain connected PC?

You can try creating shortcut directly. Either search for the "excel.exe", or find it in the installation directory. In my case, it is in the directory (yours might be different):
    Find the "excel.exe" in the directory, right-click, select "Send to" and click on "Desktop [create shortcut]". From the desktop, you can drop the shortcut to the taskbar.

Cr00zng, Dec 13, 2017
  9. sodapop Win User
    Thank you Cr00zng, Excel.exe worked and I now have an icon on the desktop!

sodapop, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Pin Excel to start and or taskbar - Similar Threads - Pin Excel start

2. Help with Pinning Excel Files in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with Pinning Excel Files in the taskbar: I’ve always had trouble pinning the last file to the toolbar. Because right now, it’s able to accommodate 12 pinned files. But when I come to pin the 11th file from the most recent list, the file that would keep on appearing is this:PERSONAL.XLSBBecause my Excel files use...
  3. Help with Pinning Excel Files in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Pinning Excel Files in the taskbar: I’ve always had trouble pinning the last file to the toolbar. Because right now, it’s able to accommodate 12 pinned files. But when I come to pin the 11th file from the most recent list, the file that would keep on appearing is this:PERSONAL.XLSBBecause my Excel files use...
  4. Help with Pinning Excel Files in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to pin Excel pinned files to taskbar icon?

How to pin Excel pinned files to taskbar icon?: When I open Excel and click file/open, I have 5 files in the pinned section. However, in the taskbar icon, there are only two of those files in the pinned section. Clicking on the pin icon next to a file, doesn't move it to the pinned section of files in the taskbar.Any...
  6. Pinning Excel Spreadsheet to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinning Excel Spreadsheet to the taskbar: This is the second time that an update has occurred and I have lost my ability to show spreadsheets on my Excel taskbar. I cannot drag from File explorer and my Display is setup correct. Can you please tell me how I can get this feature back....
  7. Pinning Excel Spreadsheet to the taskbar

Pinning Excel Spreadsheet to the taskbar: This is the second time that an update has occurred and I have lost my ability to show spreadsheets on my Excel taskbar. I cannot drag from File explorer and my Display is setup correct. Can you please tell me how I can get this feature back....
  8. pin to start an excel file

in Microsoft Office and 365
    pin to start an excel file: I would like to pin an excel file to start. I downloaded and ran the "pin to start" reg file. It does work for things like folders, but it does not appear for my excel file. Is it possible to have "pin to start" work for files? Windows 10, version 1903, build 18362.1016 162807
  9. pin to start an excel file

in Windows 10 Support
    pin to start an excel file: I would like to pin an excel file to start. I downloaded and ran the "pin to start" reg file. It does work for things like folders, but it does not appear for my excel file. Is it possible to have "pin to start" work for files? 162807
  10. Excel's Avatar and pin to taskbar

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel's Avatar and pin to taskbar: I've had Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3 for a little over a year. In the last 24 hours, I can no longer pin excel to the taskbar and the avatar that shows on the task bar when I open it from the app list is solid gray, i.e., not the little "e" on a green background as it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i put ms word and excel seperate on the taskbar

2. excel for office 365 taskbar pin

3. excel pin taskbar

4. display all Excel windows in Taskbar Office 365,
  5. when i pin excel to taskbar it is not found,
  6. can see excel icone on taskbar office 365,
  7. Pin excel taskbar,
  8. no excel in taskbar,
  9. pin excel to task bar,
  10. microsoft 365 in windows 10 pin excel to taskbar,
  11. pin excel sheet to taskbar in microsoft 365