Windows 10: PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?

Discus and support PIN + Fingerprint but no password option? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Preinstalled OS on new laptop w/fingerprint reader. Starting the machine I was prompted for a PIN and then my fingerprint but not a (the) password that... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by markg2, May 3, 2016.

1. markg2 Win User

PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?

Preinstalled OS on new laptop w/fingerprint reader. Starting the machine I was prompted for a PIN and then my fingerprint but not a (the) password that I use on my Win7 machine and is required for various installed programs and the home network. I must be blind but Settings/Accounts/Sign-in Options is all for my MS account not the machine.

Nothing under Settings/Privacy or /Updates and Security.

Okay, I'll bite, where is 'give this OS a password' hidden?

Mark

:)

markg2, May 3, 2016
  2. Imdeasam Win User

Windows Password has expired.

Using Windows 10 with latest updates. My password has expired. I was using a PIN as well as a fingerprint reader.
    I remember the PIN and my fingerprints are also working but I do not remember my password.
    Window is asking me to change the password using the old password which I do not remember.
    Is there any way using the PIN or the fingerprint to change the password.

Imdeasam, May 3, 2016
  3. Can't log onto my desktop PC through microsoft account

Your old password can't be a PIN code. A PIN is an extra thing you can add as an alternate option (fingerprint is another), but the PIN or fingerprint never actually replaces your full actual password (which is what you need to know, your old "full" password).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 3, 2016
Thema:

PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?

1. PIN + Fingerprint but no password option? - Similar Threads - PIN Fingerprint password

2. PIN to password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PIN to password: Is there anyway to safe boot with a PIN in W10? No Idea what I used for a password when I opten for a PIN. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-to-password/2fe7799c-7e9c-423c-a23e-918750ab3a9f
  3. sign-in-options not working for fingerprint

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    sign-in-options not working for fingerprint: I am unable to sign-in under anything but password - which is not accepted or not valid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-options-not-working-for-fingerprint/140731c1-0822-4640-82d0-d66d79d1059b"
  4. pin and fingerprint log in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pin and fingerprint log in: I keep having to setup my fingerprint and pin. At first it says I need a pin because it can't use my fingerprint due to a change in security settings. Then it says I can't use the pin. I have reset these things repeatedly. Here is the message: "Your PIN is no...
  5. Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint/PIN/Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint/PIN/Password: I've bought a new laptop (Huawei Matebook D) a few weeks ago: this is my first laptop with a fingerprint reader, so I don't know if this is a known issue or what, anyway it's been behaving like this since I got it. What happens is that sometimes when I start the laptop, or...
  6. Password/PIN

Password/PIN: In setting up my new Windows 10 laptop it became password protected and then I created a PIN. I want to delete the PIN and remove the password protection so that it opens up to my applications without any intervention. How do I do this? Thanks....
  7. Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!

Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!: I usually use my fingerprint to log into the admin account which I do so rarely. I have a few other non-admin accounts on the laptop. When I tried to log into the admin account today with the fingerprint it asks for my pin as well?! This seems to be an issue with some new...
  8. password and pin

password and pin: How do I set up windows 10 so it starts with no password or pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/password-and-pin/944b8df0-e36e-48fc-b20c-3390b1a87922"
  9. Prefer Fingerprint Reader use Password Instead of PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Prefer Fingerprint Reader use Password Instead of PIN: I just purchased a modest Toshiba laptop to replace my five year old HP laptop. Being new to W10, I am not impressed with and do not trust the use of a PIN rather than a sophisticated password. The USB reader I bought for the Toshiba is an Eikon using Authentec driver. I...
  10. Not seeing Fingerprint in Sign-in options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not seeing Fingerprint in Sign-in options: I have a Dell Latitude E5450 running Windows 10 and I'm trying to get its fingerprint scanner to work. At first there were no drivers but after googling for a while I found one and installed it: [img] Not sure if it is the right one but it's the only one I could find....