Windows 10: PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?

Discus and support PIN + Fingerprint but no password option? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Preinstalled OS on new laptop w/fingerprint reader. Starting the machine I was prompted for a PIN and then my fingerprint but not a (the) password that... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by markg2, May 3, 2016.

1. markg2 Win User

PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?

Preinstalled OS on new laptop w/fingerprint reader. Starting the machine I was prompted for a PIN and then my fingerprint but not a (the) password that I use on my Win7 machine and is required for various installed programs and the home network. I must be blind but Settings/Accounts/Sign-in Options is all for my MS account not the machine.

Nothing under Settings/Privacy or /Updates and Security.

Okay, I'll bite, where is 'give this OS a password' hidden?

Mark

:)

markg2, May 3, 2016
  2. Imdeasam Win User

Windows Password has expired.

Using Windows 10 with latest updates. My password has expired. I was using a PIN as well as a fingerprint reader.
    I remember the PIN and my fingerprints are also working but I do not remember my password.
    Window is asking me to change the password using the old password which I do not remember.
    Is there any way using the PIN or the fingerprint to change the password.

Imdeasam, May 3, 2016
  3. Can't log onto my desktop PC through microsoft account

Your old password can't be a PIN code. A PIN is an extra thing you can add as an alternate option (fingerprint is another), but the PIN or fingerprint never actually replaces your full actual password (which is what you need to know, your old "full" password).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 3, 2016
Thema:

PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?

1. PIN + Fingerprint but no password option? - Similar Threads - PIN Fingerprint password

2. PIN and fingerprint options have disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN and fingerprint options have disappeared.: I turned on my PC sometime ago only to discover that PIN and fingerprint where missing from my signin options. this is a serious problem as I cannot remember my password to save my life.What caused this and how can it be reversed? My guess is probably signing into a work...
  3. PIN and fingerprint options have disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN and fingerprint options have disappeared.: I turned on my PC sometime ago only to discover that PIN and fingerprint where missing from my signin options. this is a serious problem as I cannot remember my password to save my life.What caused this and how can it be reversed? My guess is probably signing into a work...
  4. Pin, fingerprint, and password not working.. locked out!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin, fingerprint, and password not working.. locked out!!: This morning I somehow right clicked on option to 'log out' on my Dell Windows 11 laptop. I pressed 'cancel' but screen went plank and then to white screen. I have restarted, but now it says my fingerprint, and pin are no longer available, and the answer I put in for the...
  5. PIN, password, and fingerprint not taking

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN, password, and fingerprint not taking: I have schoolwork I need to be doing on this computer like. right at this moment so this is urgent.First: I don't remember my password. I set it when I got the computer two years ago and have not used it once. I don't have a reset password link.My pin was very recently...
  6. Windows Hello PIN and fingerprint Sign-in option dissapeared, Don't have password

Windows Hello PIN and fingerprint Sign-in option dissapeared, Don't have password: I have an LG Gram 17" with a TPM installed if that's even relevantI relied on the built-in fingerprint reader to sign-in, when that failed I had a PIN code setup 1 local administrator account setup, Windows Account only for Microsoft office productsAfter years of signing in...
  7. How to reset password with fingerprint and pin.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reset password with fingerprint and pin.: Basically title. I was stupid and didn’t write pay password down so know I’m screwed. Anyway I can reset password with the info in the title. submitted by /u/like-my-fith-account [link] [comments]...
  8. windows password/pin option

windows password/pin option: so im tryna change my password/pin on my windows computer and whilst i do that, i cant even see the password option, and the pin, isnt even there toowell it is but it says its not available for my computer, but i have a pin to open my computer??????if anyone knows a way to...
  9. No password option or PIN change option

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No password option or PIN change option: I just got a new Windows 10 PC, and I don't think my Microsoft account is working correctly on it. My profile picture is not there, whereas on my old PC it is there. Also, my sign-in options screen does not have a password option see picture and pressing the other sign-in...
  10. Login now requires password instead of showing options with PIN and Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login now requires password instead of showing options with PIN and Fingerprint: For many years, my login screen has given me the option to login via fingerprint, PIN and password. For all of the time I have been using either fingerprint or password. Now, when I tried to login after my laptop went to sleep, it only prompts for password. All combinations...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do have option to enter admin id or password asking for fingerprint instead

2. windows 10 no pin no fingerprint no password