Windows 10: Pin FTP Location to Quick Access in Win Explorer

Discus and support Pin FTP Location to Quick Access in Win Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a link to an FTP folder that I can not get to pin to Win Explorer Quick Launch. The shortcut appears in c:\users\[user name]\links but does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jsacks, Aug 14, 2015.

1. jsacks Win User

Pin FTP Location to Quick Access in Win Explorer

I have a link to an FTP folder that I can not get to pin to Win Explorer Quick Launch. The shortcut appears in c:\users\[user name]\links but does not appear in the quick access list.

Opening the file in Win Explorer and right clicking on "Quick access" with the option "pin to quick access" does nothing and there is no option in right click list to "pin to quick access" or even "pin to start" for a .lnk file.

:)

jsacks, Aug 14, 2015

2. Can't unpin FTP location from Quick Access

I've pinned an FTP location to the Quick Access menu in Windows 10 Explorer, but now cannot unpin it.

To replicate:

1. Browse to an FTP location in Windows Explorer

2. Right-click "Quick Access"

3. Select "Pin current folder to Quick access"

4. Right-click the newly pinned folder

You should see that there is no option to unpin the folder. The context menu only offers the (greyed out) option to "Expand".

Notably, this pin only appears in Explorer and not in the jump lists (for example by right-clicking Explorer from the task bar).

How do I remove this pin?

alecgibson, Aug 14, 2015
  3. File Explorer hangs when opened in Windows 10 1511 OS Build 10586.218 64-bit

Hi DAK,

Does the same happen when you use WinKey + E to open Explorer, or type a folder path in Run dialog?

Also, in Folder Options, set "Open File Explorer to:" to "This PC". Does it make any difference?

In Quick Access, if you've Pinned network locations or FTP link earlier, try removing them.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

Pin FTP Location to Quick Access in Win Explorer

1. Pin FTP Location to Quick Access in Win Explorer - Similar Threads - Pin FTP Location

2. After Win 11 Update - Pinned Quick Access locations slow to lead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Win 11 Update - Pinned Quick Access locations slow to lead: Good Morning! Recently updated to Win 11 Enterprise, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22662.1000.0. When opening File Explorer, the pinned quick access items in the left-hand pane is lagging, taking between 5-10 to load, which is seriously hampering my workflow. In Win...
  3. After Win 11 Update - Pinned Quick Access locations slow to lead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Win 11 Update - Pinned Quick Access locations slow to lead: Good Morning! Recently updated to Win 11 Enterprise, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22662.1000.0. When opening File Explorer, the pinned quick access items in the left-hand pane is lagging, taking between 5-10 to load, which is seriously hampering my workflow. In Win...
  4. Explorer&Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer&Quick Access: When you set a folder for quick access, it shows up in both the Explorer HOME folder and navigation barI want quick access folders not to show up in the navigation bar, only in the home folder. What can I do?Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎11/‎4/‎2022 OS...
  5. Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS: [ATTACH] I recently migrated from Windows 7 and I can't assign folders to sidebar. I removed quick access using regedit because every time I opened explorer it changed the hierarchy of my folders. What registry values should I add to explorer to make it work? Can't pin...
  6. Explorer Quick access automatic pins, revisted

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Quick access automatic pins, revisted: I searched for answers on this subject a while back with no answers. Today I found this thread, which at least confirms I'm not the only one with this experience. Explorer Quick access automatic pins Solved - Windows 10 Forums The Documents, Downloads, Pictures, and Desktop...
  7. Explorer Quick access automatic pins

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Quick access automatic pins: Is there any way to prevent Quick access from automatically pinning new stuff to it without disabling it? I would like to add my own shortcuts there manually and leave it that way if possible. 115577
  8. FTP Access through File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FTP Access through File Explorer: I mapped a network drive to my webserver using an FTP address. Now when I open the mapped drive in File Explorer and navigate to a folder and then try to open a file it won't open in anything but Chrome which then displays a blank page. I can't open a text file or a jpg or...
  9. Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer: Hi, opened up the file explorer, quick access pinning works fine for all other folders, but I cannot pin the Desktop folder in there. It shows up in the folders pane on the left, (I have to scroll a way up to find it..) but using the 'pin to quick access' button in the...
  10. Pin or Unpin Quick Access Locations in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin or Unpin Quick Access Locations in Windows 10: How to: Pin or Unpin Quick Access Locations in Windows 10 How to Pin or Unpin Locations from Quick access in Windows 10 [img] Information The Quick access page is the shortest route to files you've been working on and folders you often use. These are your frequent...