Windows 10: PIN login works for awhile and then "Something went wrong..."

Discus and support PIN login works for awhile and then "Something went wrong..." in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Folks, I'm using a PIN number for logging in to my Win 10 system. All is well for the first few (typically, 5 or 6) logins, but then I get a message... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by wbrells, May 6, 2016.

1. wbrells Win User

PIN login works for awhile and then "Something went wrong..."

Folks,

I'm using a PIN number for logging in to my Win 10 system. All is well for the first few (typically, 5 or 6) logins, but then I get a message that "Something went wrong..." and thereafter I have to use my Microsoft account password to login. If I reboot my system, the PIN number works again FOR AWHILE. I've tried changing my PIN number, but that made no difference - after a few uses I get the above error message and have to use my Microsoft password again.

I've seen lots of folks having problems with using a PIN, but I have not seen any mention of an intermittent problem such as I'm seeing. My system is a "clean" build of Windows 10 Pro starting with an Acer Aspire ATC-710-UR51. The only other problem I've seen is that the Task Scheduler frequently (but not always!) seems to miss running a nightly backup program, not executing that procedure until I login in to the system in the morning. I don't know if these two problems are related or not...

Any comments/suggestions would be most welcome!

Wayne

*** UPDATE ***

After more searching I've found that this is a fairly common Win 10 problem. Please look at:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...?page=2&auth=1

Unfortunately, it does not - as yet - appear that Microsoft has provided a real solution to this annoying problem. It seems that the problem was triggered earlier this year by a Microsoft update, but I've not been able to determine WHICH update was responsible. It would be EXTREMELY helpful if someone could pinpoint the exact update so it can be uninstalled!

Wayne

:)

wbrells, May 6, 2016

2. Call + SMS Filter Error.

when I tap it it comes up with "Something went wrong that didn't work, though it's not clear why try it again" I've had this problem for awhile now can someone help?

tankard111, May 6, 2016
  3. call+sms filter Problem " Something Went Wrong"

FYI, I'm running Windows 10 Preview build 10.0.10586.29, released 12/4/2015. Call + SMS filter doesn't and has never worked on any of my 3 Lumia 920s in any build of Windows 10. It seems you see the true nature of the problem, Microsoft is out of the
    sales, service and manufacturing business. I wish them well in their new business model, taking meetings.

Smithw8858, May 6, 2016
Thema:

PIN login works for awhile and then "Something went wrong..."

1. PIN login works for awhile and then "Something went wrong..." - Similar Threads - PIN login works

2. Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' on login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' on login.: recently i changed my PIN cause i forgot it and now i'm ALWAYS getting an error saying 'Something went wrong with your pin' and it asks me to restart but still the PIN doesn't work. Now I am UNABLE to use my PIN. Is there any solution to this?...
  3. Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' on login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' on login.: recently i changed my PIN cause i forgot it and now i'm ALWAYS getting an error saying 'Something went wrong with your pin' and it asks me to restart but still the PIN doesn't work. Now I am UNABLE to use my PIN. Is there any solution to this?...
  4. Something went wrong. Pin setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong. Pin setup: I have had my laptop for 2 weeks when suddenly i can nolonger access windows. When I turn on my laptop, it shows the only account I have setup. When I click "sign in" it opens a Microsoft account window asking to sign in to my account. I enter my email and click "next". I...
  5. Something went wrong. Pin setup

Something went wrong. Pin setup: I have had my laptop for 2 weeks when suddenly i can nolonger access windows. When I turn on my laptop, it shows the only account I have setup. When I click "sign in" it opens a Microsoft account window asking to sign in to my account. I enter my email and click "next". I...
  6. Something went wrong with my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong with my PIN: I have a problem with my computer, I can't get into it The code is not accepted when I put it they tell me something went wrong and your PIN isn't available status: 0x80090011, substatus: 0x0. And I try to format it and I can't, and I try to delete updates as well, I can't...
  7. Something went wrong with my PIN

Something went wrong with my PIN: I have a problem with my computer, I can't get into it The code is not accepted when I put it they tell me something went wrong and your PIN isn't available status: 0x80090011, substatus: 0x0. And I try to format it and I can't, and I try to delete updates as well, I can't...
  8. Something went wrong with my PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. “Something Went Wrong” PIN Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Something Went Wrong” PIN Error: Hi, all. Really hoping I can find help for this issue. I just went to log onto my laptop and it said “something happened and your PIN isn’t available”. I cannot remember my password and have tried every possible combination based on the password hint I set up. I’ve never had...
  10. Cant login in. Something went wrong.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant login in. Something went wrong.: Hello everyone, after updating to version 1903. I could login in only by azure password. But my camera and my fingerprint on my laptop stopped working and i couldnt setup any login options as pin login, because it says : something went wrong, try again later but its never...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB4552152 PIN issue