Windows 10: PIN not accepted

Discus and support PIN not accepted in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi. I've been signing in to Windows 10 with a 4 digit PIN number for months. All of a sudden it's not accepted. Any rational reason why this would... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by finlay, May 3, 2016.

1. finlay Win User

PIN not accepted

Hi. I've been signing in to Windows 10 with a 4 digit PIN number for months.
    All of a sudden it's not accepted.
    Any rational reason why this would happen?

It's not an issue, I can still sign in with my Microsoft account and change the PIN number, I'm just curious as to why this has happened. If it's a case of PIN expiry or something, then I would expect some form of notice.

(Please, nobody ask me if I'm inputting the right number *Smile ).

:)

finlay, May 3, 2016
  2. Dawn-9554 Win User

pin not accepted 0x80070032

When I power on my Asus (windows 10) and the sign in screen appears to enter a pin, I enter my pin and get the message "Something went wrong code 0x80070032 Restart your device to see if it fixes the problem." When I restart, the same thing happens.
    I tried several times with no success, pin will not be accepted. Computer started fine yesterday, and I don't know what changed overnight. Please help.

Dawn-9554, May 3, 2016
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    pin not accepted 0x80070032

Hello Dawn,

This issue could be due to changes in the configuration settings.

We found a similar thread with solution that worked.

Please check the solution and information provided by community MVP's and members on this

link
    and check if it will work on your end also.

Update us with the result.

Remon Ont, May 3, 2016
Thema:

PIN not accepted

1. PIN not accepted - Similar Threads - PIN accepted

2. How can I login to my Windows 10 laptop when it won't accept the password and the pin...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I login to my Windows 10 laptop when it won't accept the password and the pin...: Two days ago I changed my laptop's pin windows hello and since then I have not been able to login to my laptop. The password no longer works, I cannot finish setting up my pin on the sign in page, I cannot reset the password since my only option is to use a USB flash with the...
  3. How can I login to my Windows 10 laptop when it won't accept the password and the pin...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I login to my Windows 10 laptop when it won't accept the password and the pin...: Two days ago I changed my laptop's pin windows hello and since then I have not been able to login to my laptop. The password no longer works, I cannot finish setting up my pin on the sign in page, I cannot reset the password since my only option is to use a USB flash with the...
  4. How can I login to my Windows 10 laptop when it won't accept the password and the pin...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Local Admin account. Neither fingerprint, nor PIN nor Password accepted anymore. Locked out...

Local Admin account. Neither fingerprint, nor PIN nor Password accepted anymore. Locked out...: I alway used my microsoft account for logging into my device with reduced priviliges. I have a local Admin account that i use to verify installations and everything else that needs admin-rights. To make that easier i have set up a fingerprint-scanner.Now suddenly my...
  6. Local Admin account. Neither fingerprint, nor PIN nor Password accepted anymore. Locked out...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Admin account. Neither fingerprint, nor PIN nor Password accepted anymore. Locked out...: I alway used my microsoft account for logging into my device with reduced priviliges. I have a local Admin account that i use to verify installations and everything else that needs admin-rights. To make that easier i have set up a fingerprint-scanner.Now suddenly my...
  7. Local Admin account. Neither fingerprint, nor PIN nor Password accepted anymore. Locked out...

8. Windows Hello Pin removal won't accept CORRECT password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Pin removal won't accept CORRECT password: I have a laptop I'm trying to repurpose for a friend and trying to remove the Windows Hello PIN sign on feature for them and it prompts for a password to remove it but repeatedly says the password is incorrect. I have logged onto Microsoft on the same laptop and updated the...
  9. Windows Hello Pin removal won't accept CORRECT password

Windows Hello Pin removal won't accept CORRECT password: I have a laptop I'm trying to repurpose for a friend and trying to remove the Windows Hello PIN sign on feature for them and it prompts for a password to remove it but repeatedly says the password is incorrect. I have logged onto Microsoft on the same laptop and updated the...
  10. Windows Hello Pin removal won't accept CORRECT password