Windows 10: Pin not working

Discus and support Pin not working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have just purchased an HP Pavilion Tablet for my wife Win 10 pre installed. We set it up for a Pin number. Now every time we try to activate the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Jackhandle, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Pin not working

I have just purchased an HP Pavilion Tablet for my wife Win 10 pre installed. We set it up for a Pin number. Now every time we try to activate the tablet with the correct pin number we get the following message "This device has been locked for security reasons. Connect your device to a power source for at least two hours, then restart it and try again" Has anyone any bright ideas as to how to overcome this or have I screwed up somewhere?

:)

Jackhandle, Sep 17, 2016

2. Error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5) on using Camera on Windows 10.

my camera ids not working

camera not working, Sep 17, 2016
  3. Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones

Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones so why is it still on markeplace and is Microsoft going to stand up for us now that all they care about is android and Iphone

SKYFIRE NOT WORKING, Sep 17, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

Pin not working

You could try switching to password input and enter that instead of the PIN.

Click on Sign-in options on the lock screen and then the icon on the right below.

Pin not working [​IMG]

I'm not sure if you'll still have to wait out the 2 hours though.

5. Old PCGuy Win User
    I had this same problem with 3 of my own Windows 10 PC's that had PIN's set for Log-in. I tried numerous suggestions to no avail. THIS WORKED FOR ME: Remove and Add your PIN again.

• On the login screen, click on "Sign-in options", and try to login to Windows with your Microsoft account or local account "Password".
    • Click on Windows icon on the bottom-right corner, on the top of Start Menu, click on your account icon, and then select "Change account settings".
    • On the left-side panel of Accounts settings, select "Sign-in options".
    • On this page you have a number of "options" "Require sign-in", "Windows Hello", "Password" and then comes "PIN".
    • Directly below "PIN", you will see two buttons: "Change" and "Remove". Click on "Remove".
    • You will be asked "Are you sure you want to remove your PIN?" etc, etc. Below all this you will find two more buttons: "Remove" and "Cancel". Click on "Remove".
    • A Log-in Box now opens for you to re-enter your "Password". Enter your password then click "OK".
    • You will be returned to the "Sign-in options" page where you can now "Add" a "PIN" once again.
    • Enter your new PIN and confirm PIN, click on "OK" to reset your new PIN for your Windows Sign-in.
    • Please be sure to Restart your PC and Sign-in with your new PIN to confirm.

I hope you find success with this one, Mike

Old PCGuy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Pin not working

1. Pin not working - Similar Threads - Pin working

2. Unable to login as PIN not working and unable to get phone message due to change of number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login as PIN not working and unable to get phone message due to change of number: My account for my Laptop is my Microsoft Account and when trying to login into my computer, I get the following error: "Your Pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again."No other option is available to log...
  3. Unable to login as PIN not working and unable to get phone message due to change of number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login as PIN not working and unable to get phone message due to change of number: My account for my Laptop is my Microsoft Account and when trying to login into my computer, I get the following error: "Your Pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again."No other option is available to log...
  4. Windows 11. facial recognition stopped working. I never setup a PIN. Now what?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11. facial recognition stopped working. I never setup a PIN. Now what?: Windows 11. facial recognition stopped working. I never setup a PIN. Now what? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-facial-recognition-stopped-working-i/2866929b-b524-40e4-ae1a-0e7a0e38dc85
  5. Windows 11. facial recognition stopped working. I never setup a PIN. Now what?

Windows 11. facial recognition stopped working. I never setup a PIN. Now what?: Windows 11. facial recognition stopped working. I never setup a PIN. Now what? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-facial-recognition-stopped-working-i/2866929b-b524-40e4-ae1a-0e7a0e38dc85
  6. Windows 11 the correct password and PIN dont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 the correct password and PIN dont work: Hello,Last evening i tried loging into my laptop, typed in the password in a hurry and might have got it wrong. Of course, i was locked out. Windows told me to choose another sign in option or wait 2 hours. I waited even more, but it didnt work.Fast forward to today, i tried...
  7. Windows 11 the correct password and PIN dont work

Windows 11 the correct password and PIN dont work: Hello,Last evening i tried loging into my laptop, typed in the password in a hurry and might have got it wrong. Of course, i was locked out. Windows told me to choose another sign in option or wait 2 hours. I waited even more, but it didnt work.Fast forward to today, i tried...
  8. Can't login with face ID and pin isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login with face ID and pin isn't working: I can't login with face ID and my pin and password isn't working. I don't know how else to login or to even perform a hard reset. Please help!laptop dell 7506 2 in 1...
  9. Can't login with face ID and pin isn't working

Can't login with face ID and pin isn't working: I can't login with face ID and my pin and password isn't working. I don't know how else to login or to even perform a hard reset. Please help!laptop dell 7506 2 in 1...
  10. Can't login with face ID and pin isn't working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen