Windows 10: Pin number has only ADD option available

Discus and support Pin number has only ADD option available in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am not able to Login to Win 10 using my PIN which I had set up previously set up and was working fine - now the only option I get is for my Password... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by colin23erk, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Pin number has only ADD option available

I am not able to Login to Win 10 using my PIN which I had set up previously set up and was working fine - now the only option I get is for my Password

I have tried resetting the PIN without success as below

Settings > Accounts > Sign-in-Options > PIN > there is only the ADD box available > when I click ADD I am asked for my Password > when I enter my Password I am asked for my PIN to " Verify my account ".> whatever I enter it then returns me to the Sign-in-Options page .and the ADD pin option . > next time I am still asked for my Password

*Sad Colin *Sad

:)

colin23erk, Dec 6, 2016
  2. blolck Win User

my sign in options

win 10 does not offer pin sign in option. how do I reset this? signing in with password only. when I get to add pin number and press add pin no# it only spins and stop. help please

blolck, Dec 6, 2016
  3. PIN stoped working for no reason

There is no PIN to remove, it disappeared all by itself. Like I said, the only option available is to add a new PIN but at the end of the process no PIN is set.

I'm using the administrator account on my computer.

Anturaju Daniel, Dec 6, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Pin number has only ADD option available

You might want to try setting up another account on your PC, then seeing if you can use the PIN feature for that account. If so, you may be dealing with some form of user profile corruption or damage. There are lots of threads here about dealing with that, so I'll just say that the main thrust is to create a new, undamaged account, then to migrate your settings and files over from the old (damaged) one to the new (undamaged) on. If the new account has the same problem, you should start system repair efforts with sfc /scannow and then dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth (and you may need to use the /source option to provide a pristine source for replacement components and there's a tutorial on that here also). Do some checking, let us know what you find, and we can help you get it sorted.

And "Welcome!" to TenForums. We're here to help.

--Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 7, 2016
Thema:

Pin number has only ADD option available

1. Pin number has only ADD option available - Similar Threads - Pin number has

2. Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available: I can't login to my desktop using PIN number. The system is looping whenever I choose to reset even though I did not forget my PIN. And there are no other options to login except using PIN.Error code received each time: 0x8009002d.This is the 2nd device with login issues....
  3. Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available: I can't login to my desktop using PIN number. The system is looping whenever I choose to reset even though I did not forget my PIN. And there are no other options to login except using PIN.Error code received each time: 0x8009002d.This is the 2nd device with login issues....
  4. Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Trying to add Pin number to login

Trying to add Pin number to login: I am trying to set up a pin number login, and after I sign in with my Microsoft account password it asks to verify pin associated with that account. I have never set up a pin number for it. I just sign in with the Microsoft account password and go into sign in options it...
  6. Trying to add Pin number to login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to add Pin number to login: I am trying to set up a pin number login, and after I sign in with my Microsoft account password it asks to verify pin associated with that account. I have never set up a pin number for it. I just sign in with the Microsoft account password and go into sign in options it...
  7. Trying to add Pin number to login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Remove Pin Number option

Remove Pin Number option: Hello. I have a Dell Optiplex 7050 machine which I accessed Windows with the Pin Number option. The technical service installed a new mother board to the machine. After this change, Windows could be accessed with the password option. I tried to change the Windows access...
  9. Add Pin Number

Add Pin Number: I'd like to use the Pin option rather than type in a password. Every instruction I've seen says: Start - User - Change - Sign in Option - "ADD PIN" - enter password - Set Pin - OK. I cannot find "ADD PIN" anywhere, including Control Panel. Win 10 is telling me that I...
  10. Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options: I have already set a PIN for my Local Account and my "Sign in Options" in Settings looks like this showing "Add" under PIN: [img] Various sites I have visited indicate that as I have already set a PIN I should have the option to "Change" or "I forgot my PIN". like...