Windows 10: Pin Number latest update finds network shares

Discus and support Pin Number latest update finds network shares in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; At Last!*Smile Tried signing in with a pin number today following a bunch of updates. Found my NAS server and other network shares. It may have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by besb, Jul 23, 2015.

1. besb Win User

Pin Number latest update finds network shares

At Last!*Smile
    Tried signing in with a pin number today following a bunch of updates.
    Found my NAS server and other network shares.
    It may have happened with an earlier update but I kept signing in with full MS account as I needed to see shares

:)

2. CNeeper Win User

Rename pinned items in Windows Explorer? (Quick Access)

I did something generally similar, but tidier. I have a large number of network locations I need to keep handy. So, I created a folder named "Network Shares" somewhere in a logical location in my user profile and then pinned it to Quick Access, where I keep
    a few other commonly accessed local folders pinned. In the "Network Shares" folder I simply created shortcuts to my various network locations. Shortcuts are renamable and everything is tidy and readily accessible. It works quite well and doesn't clutter up
    my "This PC" with my 30+ network locations.

CNeeper, Jul 23, 2015
  3. Today's Windows 10 update UK.

I'm posting this from my phone. My laptop updated today with the latest version of windows 10. Now my pinned programs have disappeared, I can't pin new programs, and the windows key isn't responding.

I can't go online as I can't get to my network settings and I can't use the search function since the update to see what the update number is either. Now it's an expensive brick, how do I fix it?

DanielBreen73, Jul 23, 2015
  4. mn072065 Win User

My friend are you saying that with a pin and full ms account you can see shared drives, im panning on doing a clean install on when win 10 released hoping it will cure my headaches of win 8.1 not seeing my shared folders. Im trying to assure i dont get too many headaches when i reformat.

mn072065, Jul 23, 2015
  5. Sunnova Win User
    Thanks! I tried it, work just fine logged in with pin for full ms account. *Smile

Sunnova, Jul 23, 2015
  6. mn072065 Win User
    thank you hope it works for me when i use it. Thanks buddy.

mn072065, Jul 23, 2015
  7. linw Win User
    Thanks for the update.

linw, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Pin Number latest update finds network shares - Similar Threads - Pin Number latest

2. With the PIN number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    With the PIN number: If have the PIN number can I recover my password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/with-the-pin-number/5b734163-f1c7-4844-b440-7f1c5b9c3e73
  3. With the PIN number

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    With the PIN number: If have the PIN number can I recover my password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/with-the-pin-number/5b734163-f1c7-4844-b440-7f1c5b9c3e73
  4. PIN Number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Number: I'm locked out of Windows 10...asking for pin number...can't recall. I've tried system restore, and all other auto repair functions, etc. Nothing.Please help.Mike Pasic *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  5. PIN Number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN Number: I'm locked out of Windows 10...asking for pin number...can't recall. I've tried system restore, and all other auto repair functions, etc. Nothing.Please help.Mike Pasic *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. where do I find my pin number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    where do I find my pin number: How do I find my pin number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-my-pin-number/be6a3cb3-63e0-4a3e-8b94-66eab60554fa
  7. PIN numbers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN numbers: My son is being asked for a PIN number? I do not remember a PIN or ever having one. I think he is trying to buy something for his xbox. How do I reset the PIN number for my Microsoft account? Or is it separate for and xbox account?...
  8. Pin number

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin number: I'm set up a new email its asking for my pin number, I dont have or remember it, How do I find or change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-number/75f76bc1-329c-4a37-bc52-5ab634cf84b0
  9. pin number

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pin number: I don't remember my pin # https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-number/8ba158ec-df4d-4ae8-9db4-3cad57862f9e
  10. Latest Windows 10 update loses my PIN number!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Latest Windows 10 update loses my PIN number!: I have Windows 10 installed and have just received an update. Now it will not allow me to access Windows 10 using my PIN number. I can access by using my password but when I try to reset the PIN number it will not allow me to do so as it will then not accept the password...