Windows 10: Pin or Unpin Items in Clipboard History in Windows 10

Discus and support Pin or Unpin Items in Clipboard History in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Pin or Unpin Items in Clipboard History in Windows 10 How to Pin or Unpin Items in Clipboard History in Windows 10 Copy paste its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Pin or Unpin Items in Clipboard History in Windows 10

How to: Pin or Unpin Items in Clipboard History in Windows 10

How to Pin or Unpin Items in Clipboard History in Windows 10

Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same few things again and again? How do you copy content across your devices? Starting with Windows 10 build 17666, Microsoft is addressing that and taking the clipboard to the next level simply press Win+V and youll be presented with a brand-new clipboard experience.

Not only can you can paste from the Sets, which means you can access your clipboard across any PC with this build of Windows or higher.

Roamed text on the clipboard is only supported for clipboard content less than 100 kb. Currently, the clipboard history supports plain text, HTML and image less than 1 MB.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18234, the image size limit has been increased from 1MB to 4MB to accommodate the potential size of full screen screenshots taken on a high-DPI devices.

This tutorial will show you how to pin or unpin items copied into the clipboard history for your account in Windows 10

Here's How:

1. Press the Win+V keys to open the clipboard. (see screenshots below)

2. Perform either action below to pin or unpin items you want in your clipboard history:
    • Click/tap on the Pin
      Pin or Unpin Items in Clipboard History in Windows 10 [​IMG]
      or Unpin
      button for an item you want to pin or unpin.

• Press the up arrow and down arrow keys to select an item you want to pin or unpin, and press the Insert key to toggle to pin or unpin the item.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 24, 2017
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  3. ArtP Win User
    'Pin to Start' and 'Unpin from Start" items in Windows 10

Thanks Cliff. The first suggestion didn't work because the shortcut icon is not listed. The second easier suggestion didn't work because right-clicking does not include "Open File Location" as an option, only "Unpin from Start" and "Resize". Screenshots are included. "xmltobgl" is the culprit icon.

4. Master Win User

Can't unpin/pin items in start menu

I tried and I still didn't have an option to pin/unpin anything.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll just wait for an update and see if it fixes it, if not I'll rollback to an earlier version of the update.

Master, Oct 27, 2019
  5. NMI
    NMI Win User
  6. Edwin Win User
    Pin or Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10

@Brink:
    Another couple of tricks I've found:

If you create a 'Super Hidden' folder and pin it to Quick Access, then re-hide 'Protected System Files and Folders', it will no longer show in the Navigation Pane but, it will still show in File Explorer Taskbar Jump Lists, and be navigable.

Also, there are certain folders you can pin to Quick Access, such as 'search-ms:', when there, but they too will not show in the Navigation Pane but will also show in Taskbar Jump Lists!

Thought this info may be useful! *Wink

Edwin, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Pin or Unpin Items in Clipboard History in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Pin Unpin Items

2. Clipboard History does not record or missing items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipboard History does not record or missing items: Windows 10, version 22H2Some problems I've experienced with Clipboard History.Any help will be appreciated.1 I will copy something CTRL + C and paste it CTRL + V. When I look at the Clipboard History Windows key + V I get the message "Your clipboard is empty"2 I will copy...
  3. Clipboard History does not record or missing items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clipboard History does not record or missing items: Windows 10, version 22H2Some problems I've experienced with Clipboard History.Any help will be appreciated.1 I will copy something CTRL + C and paste it CTRL + V. When I look at the Clipboard History Windows key + V I get the message "Your clipboard is empty"2 I will copy...
  4. Was the option to pin an item on the clipboard removed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Was the option to pin an item on the clipboard removed?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ACCA919 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ll7pc3/was_the_option_to_pin_an_item_on_the_clipboard/
  5. After installing Windows 10 2004 Clipboard History Manager clears pinned items

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After installing Windows 10 2004 Clipboard History Manager clears pinned items: When I Startup or restart my computer the 4 items that I've pinned in the Clipboard History Manager appear as empty rectangles. What's going on and how do I fix it?...
  6. How to prevent Pinning or Unpinning of Taskbar items in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent Pinning or Unpinning of Taskbar items in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to enable or disable the unpinning […] This article How to prevent Pinning or Unpinning of Taskbar items in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Windows 2004 Clipboard History deletes pinned items

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 2004 Clipboard History deletes pinned items: I tried to post this a few days ago, but a power shutdown at the same time that I clicked on the "Submit" button might deleted it. I've noticed after the update of 2004, that each time I start my computer the pinned items in the Clipboard History are just empty rectangles....
  8. Can't unpin/pin items in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't unpin/pin items in start menu: Hi, I've been using windows 10 for some time and I didn't have any problems until now, idk when the problem appeared or what caused it. I wanted to uninstall a program that I wasn't using, and it was pinned to my start menu tile, and I wanted to put something in that...
  9. Pin or Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin or Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10: How to: Pin or Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10 How to Pin or Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10 [img] Information When you right click or press and hold on an app on the taskbar or Start menu, it will open the app's jump list. Jump Lists is a feature...
  10. 'Pin to Start' and 'Unpin from Start" items in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    'Pin to Start' and 'Unpin from Start" items in Windows 10: How to: 'Pin to Start' and 'Unpin from Start" items in Windows 10 [img] Information You can pin to Start any apps, contacts (People app), folders, drives, homegroup, library, network, and OneDrive so you can open them quickly, and see updates on live tiles for modern apps...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. copy items pinned to Windows taskbar to clipboard