Windows 10: Pin Program Icon to Taskbar Permanently

Discus and support Pin Program Icon to Taskbar Permanently in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As you can see in the picture below, when I click the Firefox icon, it disappears. Instead, I want it to be there permanently. How to achieve this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jj2016, Jun 8, 2017.

1. jj2016 Win User

Pin Program Icon to Taskbar Permanently

As you can see in the picture below, when I click the Firefox icon, it disappears. Instead, I want it to be there permanently. How to achieve this?

Pin Program Icon to Taskbar Permanently [​IMG]

:)

jj2016, Jun 8, 2017

2. Pinning programs to the taskbar

When I pin a program to the taskbar, it does it correctly and the icon is visible and clickable. However, when I click the icon to run the program, the program opens but two icons now become visible on the taskbar: the original pinned program and the
    running program. It does this with Firefox, Musicbee, and almost all of the programs that I pin. Does anyone have a possible solution to this?

BenjaminKitchens, Jun 8, 2017
  3. Magnifying glass icon

The way it should work is this:

Start Menu >Windows Ease of Access >right-click on Magnifier >More >Pin to Taskbar. Once pinned to the taskbar the shortcut icon should remain as a permanent fixture on the taskbar until it is right-clicked on and Unpin from taskbar is selected.

Let us know how it goes,

-Richard

RichardEiler, Jun 8, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Jun 8, 2017
  5. jj2016 Win User
    It didn't work even after reset clearing.

jj2016, Jun 8, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Not sure what you mean by 'reset clearing'. Resetting your PC?

Try with
    a. a new user (create one for test purposes)
    b. after a clean boot
    c. in Safe Mode

And report the results.

dalchina, Jun 8, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 8, 2017
  8. jj2016 Win User

By reset clearing, I meant the suggestion at the bottom of that thread.
    Taskbar Pinned Apps - Reset and Clear in Windows 10

I have done a,b,c. With safe mode new user and normal mode new user, the icon doesn't stay for any programs.
    With my main account, safe mode and normal mode, icon doesn't stay for any programs, except for Chrome's icon which stays in normal mode.

jj2016, Jun 8, 2017
  9. jj2016 Win User
    @Brink That doesn't really help me much. I got the icons to stay before so I know it can be done but I think due to updates or some problem with settings or registry that this has happened.

jj2016, Jun 8, 2017
  10. jj2016 Win User
    I just figured it out. I had to make a change in 7+ Taskbar Tweaker. Go to Taskbar Inspector and set the Group Pinned Item to Never. Anyway, thank you all for trying to help. *Wink

jj2016, Jun 8, 2017
  11. MPLumos Win User
    I somehow managed to create the exact same issue, and thank God I stumbled upon your post!
    A quick Google search and download of the taskbar tweaker and all is well in my OS again.
    I honestly went to the trouble of registering with this forum just so I could post my thank you to you!

It's ridiculous how a little change in your regular routine can be so unbelievably irritating.
    Cheers, - W

MPLumos, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Pin Program Icon to Taskbar Permanently - Similar Threads - Pin Program Icon

2. Generic icons for programs pinned to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic icons for programs pinned to taskbar: Only 3rd party programs icons are not showing, windows' programs icons are showing correctly.I can't add screenshot because your editor here doesn't work as it should....
  3. Generic icons for programs pinned to taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Generic icons for programs pinned to taskbar: Only 3rd party programs icons are not showing, windows' programs icons are showing correctly.I can't add screenshot because your editor here doesn't work as it should....
  4. Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar': [ATTACH] Hello all. I am trying to add some functionality to my taskbar icon for Microsoft Edge browser, similar to the pic posted below. Notice the Pinned section of the popup for Firefox. I put those links there myself, by clicking on the desired site's address in the...
  5. Taskbar pinned program Icon display single instance wrong Icon.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar pinned program Icon display single instance wrong Icon.: Here is what I hoped for. A pinned program when clicked just gets underlined and when moused over shows windows active. It does not replicate it self filling the task bar. The shortcut settings pass any parameters to the program when started. I have read a lot about this and...
  6. Invisible, Pinned (but not pinned) Icon on Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Invisible, Pinned (but not pinned) Icon on Taskbar?: Hi, I'm having an issue where an invisible, nonfunctional icon for Dell Mobile Connect is pinned on the taskbar but there is no way to unpin it. Here is a screenshot of the issue (after right-clicking on the icon): [ATTACH] Tried rebooting and restarting Explorer and...
  7. Taskbar not showing open programs and pinned icons missing

Taskbar not showing open programs and pinned icons missing: Hi All of a sudden, my pinned programmes are no longer showing on my taskbar in Windows 10. The icons are also not showing for programmes currently open so I can't right click to pin. Why has this changed, and how do I revert it back to being able to see programmes on the...
  8. Change taskbar icons of pinned programs

Change taskbar icons of pinned programs: I'd like to change the icon of these icons, but I found no obvious way. [img] 15861
  9. Pinned programs on all taskbars.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pinned programs on all taskbars.: Heya. On Win7 using a program like DisplayFusion you could have pinned programs show on all taskbars while having windows only show on the taskbar for the screen its on. Does anyone know if its possible to do the same in Win10? I know these settings exists but there...
  10. Taskbar icons hidden until new program is pinned

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icons hidden until new program is pinned: I've read many posts about hidden icons or icons showing wrong images etc, but my problem seem to be different from others. When I log on after a reboot, I only see the search icon and the Task View icon in the task bar even though I have several other programs pinned. If I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to permenetly pin a icon to the taskbar