Windows 10: Pin Shortcut

Discus and support Pin Shortcut in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have created a shortcut on my Desktop that will take me to a specific url - is it possible to pin this shortcut to the taskbar? Many thanks 40837 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by quarkrad, Feb 13, 2016.

1. quarkrad Win User

Pin Shortcut

I have created a shortcut on my Desktop that will take me to a specific url - is it possible to pin this shortcut to the taskbar? Many thanks

:)

quarkrad, Feb 13, 2016

2. Move Icon to Taskbar?

Just Drag and Drop in case of an Application shortcut.

If the icon is a file shortcut, then the application opening it is pinned and the file shortcut is added to pinned items of the application(Accessed by right clicking the application pinned in the taskbar.)

At least, works for me, hopefully you too Pin Shortcut :)

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 13, 2016
  3. Change taskbar icon?

You can change the icons for Pinned taskbar shortcuts from this folder:

%Appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

(Type that in Explorer address bar, or Run dialog.)

For Windows installer shortcuts the target can't be changed. In that case, you need to delete the existing shortcut and create a new shortcut for that program manually, and then Pin it to Taskbar.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 13, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Pin Shortcut

Does right click at the desktop shortcut give you Pin to Taskbar ?

davidhk, Feb 13, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    I do it by not creating a shortcut but letting Windows do it. I click on the tiny icon [favicon] at the left end of the URL/Address and dragging to the Desktop, then I have the right-click choices of Pin to Start and Pin to Taskbar. If pinned to Start it usually is at the bottom of the column of tiles so I drag it up the list to where I want it.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Pin Shortcut

1. Pin Shortcut - Similar Threads - Pin Shortcut

2. How Do I pin Google Drive Shortcuts to Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I pin Google Drive Shortcuts to Taskbar?: I downloaded and installed the Google Drive app, and shortcuts for it, plus ones for Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides appeared on my desktop. How do I move those to the task bar?I am NOT using Google Chrome....
  3. How Do I pin Google Drive Shortcuts to Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I pin Google Drive Shortcuts to Taskbar?: I downloaded and installed the Google Drive app, and shortcuts for it, plus ones for Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides appeared on my desktop. How do I move those to the task bar?I am NOT using Google Chrome....
  4. Default Icons Showing up when I pin any shortcut or anything goes into the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Icons Showing up when I pin any shortcut or anything goes into the taskbar.: Hi there,I recently bought this gaming PC around a month ago and have been trying to set up my taskbar for easy access to all the apps I frequently use. I keep pinning apps to my taskbar, through shortcuts or other methods, but they keep returning to the default Windows icon...
  5. Default Icons Showing up when I pin any shortcut or anything goes into the taskbar.

Default Icons Showing up when I pin any shortcut or anything goes into the taskbar.: Hi there,I recently bought this gaming PC around a month ago and have been trying to set up my taskbar for easy access to all the apps I frequently use. I keep pinning apps to my taskbar, through shortcuts or other methods, but they keep returning to the default Windows icon...
  6. Win10 Start Menu are shortcuts to some Pinned system. Can I make it work like Win7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Start Menu are shortcuts to some Pinned system. Can I make it work like Win7?: MIcrosoft loves it's moronic shortcuts. I hate that. You never know where you really are. Have you deleted the file or the shortcut of the file? It's just beyond stupid. Welcome to the world of Microsoft where it's a miracle the software writers there can find their front...
  7. Win10 Start Menu are shortcuts to some Pinned system. Can I make it work like Win7?

Win10 Start Menu are shortcuts to some Pinned system. Can I make it work like Win7?: MIcrosoft loves it's moronic shortcuts. I hate that. You never know where you really are. Have you deleted the file or the shortcut of the file? It's just beyond stupid. Welcome to the world of Microsoft where it's a miracle the software writers there can find their front...
  8. Win10 Start Menu are shortcuts to some Pinned system. Can I make it work like Win7?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Pinning a shortcut to the Start menu - Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinning a shortcut to the Start menu - Strange Behavior: Windows 11 with all current updatesI created a shortcut on the desktop that runs a Cygwin-X server. The shortcut target is: C:\cygwin64\bin\run.exe --quote /usr/bin/xlaunch.exe -run /home/jim/.xlaunch/jhg.xlaunchDouble-clicking this shortcut has the intended effect, starting...
  10. Pinning a shortcut to the Start menu - Strange Behavior

Pinning a shortcut to the Start menu - Strange Behavior: Windows 11 with all current updatesI created a shortcut on the desktop that runs a Cygwin-X server. The shortcut target is: C:\cygwin64\bin\run.exe --quote /usr/bin/xlaunch.exe -run /home/jim/.xlaunch/jhg.xlaunchDouble-clicking this shortcut has the intended effect, starting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone pin shortcut