Windows 10: Pin to Start Email Folder from Mail app in Windows 10

Discus and support Pin to Start Email Folder from Mail app in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Pin to Start Email Folder from Mail app in Windows 10 How to Pin to Start Email Folder from Mail app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by aanieze, May 3, 2016.

1. aanieze Win User

Pin to Start Email Folder from Mail app in Windows 10

How to: Pin to Start Email Folder from Mail app in Windows 10

How to Pin to Start Email Folder from Mail app in Windows 10

The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home, these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on whats important across all your accounts. Supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! and other popular accounts.

An add or remove folders from Favorites under the email account(s) how you want.

If you like, you can pin to Start a folder for email account(s) from the Mail app to be able to quickly open the Mail app directly to a folder of the email account you want from Start *Start.

This tutorial will show you how to Pin to Start a folder of an email account from the Mail app for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Pin to Start Folder of an Email Account from Mail app in Windows 10
    • Option Two: Unpin from Start Folder of an Email Account from Mail app in Windows 10

OPTION ONE [/i] Pin to Start Folder of an Email Account from Mail app in Windows 10
    1. Open the Mail app.

2. Right click or press and hold on the folder (ex: "Deleted") of an email account you want to pin, and click/tap on Pin to Start. (see screenshots below)

Pin to Start Email Folder from Mail app in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Unpin from Start Folder of an Email Account from Mail app in Windows 10
    1. Open your Start/B] menu *Start.

2. Right click or press and hold on the live tile of the pinned folder (ex: "Deleted") of an email account you want to unpin, and click/tap on Unpin from Start. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

aanieze, May 3, 2016
  2. ARC1020 Win User

How Do You Create and Rename Email Folders in the Windows 10 Mail App

How do you create and rename folders in the Windows 10 Mail App?

With the Windows 8 Mail App, it was just a case of right-clicking, but the Windows 10 Mail App, right-clicking just shows 'Remove From Favourites' and 'Pin To Start'. There's no context menu for 'Create Folder' or 'Rename Folder'.

ARC1020, Oct 27, 2019
  3. EMail in Windows 10

Hi Jeane,

Thank yo for the update and apologies for late response.

• Are you referring to Windows 10 Mail app when you say, "I have connected my gmail account to the start up menu"?
    If you are referring to Gmail account used in Mail app, you can try the steps as below and check.

By default the Mail app that comes with Windows 10 shows only the Inbox, Sent Items, and Drafts folder in the mail account view. If you want access to any additional folders you have created for organization purposes, you can tap or click the
    More option in the app to expose the other folders.

• In the Mail App, tap or click the More option to expose your email folders.

• Locate the folder you want quick access to and right-click (or long tap) and choose
      Add to Favorites.
    Choosing Add to Favorites "pins" the folder in the same list as Inbox, Sent Items, and Drafts. Additionally, you can use this method to "pin" any of your stored folders to the Windows 10 Start screen and the pinned tile will show you counts of new emails
    that deliver to these special folders.

Hope this helps.

Niranjan Manjhi, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Pin to Start Email Folder from Mail app in Windows 10

How can I save an e-mail text to my Documents folder in Windows 10 Mail App?

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Here is how we can configure emails:

• In the Mail App, tap or click the More option to expose your email folders.

• Locate the folder you want quick access to and right-click (or long tap) and choose
      Add to Favorites.
    Choosing Add to Favorites "pins" the folder in the same list as Inbox, Sent Items, and Drafts. Additionally, you can use this method to "pin" any of your stored folders to the Windows 10 Start screen and the pinned tile will show you counts of new emails
    that deliver to these special folders.

It's not possible to use the Windows 10 Mail app to create new folders or to delete folders for your email account. You have to create or delete folders using either the web interface or another email client (Outlook if using a company Exchange account)
    and then they will show up automatically in the Windows 10 Mail app.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Oct 27, 2019
  5. EMail in Windows 10

That does not answer why all incoming emails come into all of the folders (Inbox, Important, and All mail). I do not need every email to "enter" all three boxes. It is redundant to have to delete each email three and four times.

Seeing as you can't remove or add folders how do you keep the emails out of the folders. If I want to "save" emails in my Important file I have to individually delete those that appear every time I get a new email. When you "archive" an email it goes to
    "All Mail" and I have to sort through all the new emails that have come in.

JeaneDennistoun, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Pin to Start Email Folder from Mail app in Windows 10 :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Pin to Start Email Folder from Mail app in Windows 10

1. Pin to Start Email Folder from Mail app in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Pin Start Email

2. Copying Windows Live Mail Folders and Emails to import into Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying Windows Live Mail Folders and Emails to import into Windows 10 Mail App: I have an old Windows 7 computer that uses Windows Live Mail. My employer bought a new computer with Windows 10, which doesn't have Windows Live Mail. How do I get my old emails that are saved in folders on my computer onto the new computer.Thanks,Adam...
  3. moving email to folders in Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving email to folders in Windows 10 Mail: I cannot figure out how to move an email to folders in Windows Mail 10. These are folders that were originally created in a Gmail account and now show up under folders option. I click the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the email panel, select move, and none of...
  4. Windows Mail App not showing pinned emails from outlook.com?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail App not showing pinned emails from outlook.com?: My Windows Mail App is not showing my pinned emails from outlook.com although I have set up the sync options? Any ideas how to solve this? Also my Windows Mail App is also only showing only 513 emails in the inbox but my outlook.com has 5000+ Anyone know how I can fix...
  5. Email from windows 10 mail app goes straight to gmail spam folder

Email from windows 10 mail app goes straight to gmail spam folder: I have set up my windows 10 mail app, I really like it and want to use it. However, I have noticed that when I send emails to a gmail account through the app, the email is categorized as spam with the receiver. This is particularly wierd because if I send mail from the...
  6. Unable to send emails from Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to send emails from Windows 10 Mail app: My Windows 10 Livemail sends all my outgoing emails to Outbox. Optusnet email is working on internet (webmail) and tests on Windows 10 has provided messages that all settings are correct. Any ideas on what is going wrong here?? ***Original title: Sending emails from...
  7. Archive an entire email folder in the Windows 10 mail app

Archive an entire email folder in the Windows 10 mail app: I can archive and retrieve individual emails in the Windows 10 mail app - but is there a way to archive an entire email folder and is there a benefit to doing so?...
  8. Pin to Start Email Account from Mail app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin to Start Email Account from Mail app in Windows 10: How to: Pin to Start Email Account from Mail app in Windows 10 How to Pin to Start Email Account from Mail app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people...
  9. Extract emails and contacts from Windows 10 Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Extract emails and contacts from Windows 10 Mail App: Hello, I recently discovered that there is no backup or mail export feature in the Windows 10 Mail app. I need this capability so I intend to move to another email client (probably Thunderbird). I have two accounts in the W10 mail app, one Gmail and one POP3 account. The...
  10. Mail app not displaying sent emails in folder

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app not displaying sent emails in folder: I've added an IMAP account provided by an institutional server (****@fidas.org). I've checked that sent items are stored correctly when working on Windows Live Mail or from webmail. This is not the case with the new Windows 10 metro mail app, sent emails don't show in...