Windows 10: Pinch and Zoom keep resetting on HP Pavilion 15-ab045sa

Discus and support Pinch and Zoom keep resetting on HP Pavilion 15-ab045sa in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Product Name: HP Pavilion 15-ab045sa 15.6 Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) I am getting really annoyed! in Mouse and touchpad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hollyoaks777, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Pinch and Zoom keep resetting on HP Pavilion 15-ab045sa

Product Name: HP Pavilion 15-ab045sa 15.6
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am getting really annoyed! in Mouse and touchpad settings I don't want pinch and zoom enabled! So I disable it only to find out when I restart the computer, it has enabled itself again. I hate it as I keep rezing my desktop icons because of pinch and zoom. Does anyone know how to solve this please?*Mad

I saved a profile for my Mouse and Touchpad settings. But it still loads the default settings, that has pinch and zoom enabled. I have to Manually load my settings. Come on HP! Not good enough!!!

:)

hollyoaks777, Sep 21, 2015
  2. robhitch Win User

Settings don't save after logoff

I also have exactly the same problem. I have an hp pavilion 15 p247. It's extremely frustrating as the pinch zoom keeps randomly zooming in and out.

This, combined with the fact that edge is not compatible with sending attachments on outlook, mean I'm less than impressed.

I've followed a couple of threads about these issues and so far none of the Microsoft engineers suggestions have solved either of the problems for people.

robhitch, Sep 21, 2015
  3. Disable Pinch Zoom Permanently

I have an HP Pavilion with Windows 10. I have turned off my pinch zoom by going to settings, devices, mouse and touchpad, additional mouse options, synaptics settings and unclicking the pinch zoom box. While this works as a temporary solution, every time
    I restart my computer the pinch zoom is enabled again. I would like to disable the pinch zoom permanently so I do not have to go through the settings each time I turn on my computer. Is there a way to make the setting change permanent?

JustineCallen, Sep 21, 2015
  4. Pinch and Zoom keep resetting on HP Pavilion 15-ab045sa

I think I found a fix! After mucking around in the registry, trying all sorts of stuff, moving keys around, with some PARTIAL success but not totally satisfactory... something caught my eye...
    Open up regedit.exe
    Navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Install
    Note this is LOCAL MACHINE, not CURRENT USER.
    Look for a key in that Install folder called DeleteUserSettingsOnUpgrade
    Double click and change the value to 0
    Now go back to the Synaptics control panel, set everything how you like, and reboot. See if it holds. It is holding on mine, still have to test on another computer.
    So, this is a sign something weirder is going on behind the scenes, if the driver thinks it is "upgrading" after every reboot.... but anyway, if it works for now, good enough for me!

hollyoaks777, Sep 23, 2015
  5. Hi there,

This was driving me mad *Mad....came across your fix and this seems to be working for me as well, so I wanted to say thank you. *Thumbs I will monitor it but fingers crossed.

Cheers.

RebeccaD1971, Nov 23, 2015
  6. You're welcome. Glad I could help as I don't know much. But I try my hardest. Don't try and install Windows 7. It completely ruined my computer and the knowhow team at pc world can't even fix it so it's away to be fixed.

hollyoaks777, Nov 23, 2015
  7. saqqara Win User
    Works a treat, saved my sanity. Many thanks!*Thumbs

saqqara, Jan 12, 2016
  8. henrypug Win User

Pinch and Zoom keep resetting on HP Pavilion 15-ab045sa

Thank you

For this fix, I had originally used a fix that had involved deleting the win 10 driver and reinstalling the windows 8.1 one, after choosing how you install updates in windows, then removing touchpad from future updates, since then and having installed a new ssd and doing a clean install, this option seems to have been removed , so it was back to searching the net having found this simple fix all is back working as it should, a bonus being it seems to have decreased the bootup time which with the ssd was fast anyway, *Smile

henrypug, Jan 12, 2016
  9. Thank you so much. Having spent a frustrating hour+ getting nowhere with what should be a simple setting you have sorted this for me. Thanks again.

DanBarnett, Jan 19, 2016
  10. Yeah HP Website/Forum is Hopeless best to stick here! Glad I could help as I don't know a lot!

hollyoaks777, Jan 19, 2016
  11. tpc5 Win User
    After struggling for 2 weeks, finally came across this thread.

@hollyoaks777 , good work, thank you. Well done.

12. No problem at all glad I could help.

hollyoaks777, Mar 16, 2016
  13. ZOE
    Zoe Win User

@hollyoaks777, You are a star, it works fantastic. you've saved me a lot of grief. Many thanks.

Thema:

1. Pinch and Zoom keep resetting on HP Pavilion 15-ab045sa - Similar Threads - Pinch Zoom keep

2. Pinch zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinch zoom: I've tried many different instructions for disabling the pinch to zoom feature of the touchpad but none of them seem to work for me. Is there anything else I can try? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinch-zoom/482982b1-9185-47b8-8c04-8330ecc8d5a6
  3. Pinch zoom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinch zoom: I've tried many different instructions for disabling the pinch to zoom feature of the touchpad but none of them seem to work for me. Is there anything else I can try? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinch-zoom/482982b1-9185-47b8-8c04-8330ecc8d5a6
  4. Pinch zoom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Pinch Zoom

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinch Zoom: I just got a new laptop Lenovo and I can’t get the pinch zoom working and can’t find any option to turn it on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinch-zoom/70581716-11f7-43e8-afea-27c08751f7ed
  6. Pinch To Zoom

Pinch To Zoom: I am trying to turn off my pinch to zoom on my touchpad and I can't figure out how to do it. I've tried looking in all the settings for mouse and touchpad but cant find the option anywhere. How can I turn this off?...
  7. Pinch Zoom

Pinch Zoom: I need to disable this feature as my keyboard adversely affects my Desktop regularly without input from me! The feature does not seem to be accessible via Settings ap. Can someone at Microsoft please give me a solution to this seemingly simple problem...
  8. Pinch Zoom

Pinch Zoom: I just bought a new HP laptop. As always, I looked to immediately get rid of pinch zoom but I cannot find it. Tutorials show going to "personalize" then "devices" etc but in the end, I don't have the options on the screen which they have on theirs. Also, most I've found...
  9. pinch zoom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pinch zoom: pleaese i have a hp pavilklion windoiws 10 laptop\i want to dissable the piunch zoom on my kmeypad.its so annloying iu drag my fingers anbd the whole page zooms in and out constantly when iu dont intebnt to ...... i ve tread ob a few sites how to do. bugt wshden i follow iut...
  10. Pinch Zoom

Pinch Zoom: Hello, I have found many threads on how to remove Pinch Zoom for windows 10 but none have been applicable for the options presented to me i.e. Control Panel > Mouse > UltraNav > TouchPad Settings > Application Gestures > Pinch Zoom > uncheck the Enable Pinch Zoom box....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft DISABLE pinch zoom function on hp pavilion