Windows 10: Pink Folder Names

Discus and support Pink Folder Names in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Something very weird happened just now. *Shock I opened a folder with a subfolder in Documents. The subfolder had nothing in it. When I returned to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Caitlin, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Caitlin Win User

Pink Folder Names

Something very weird happened just now. *Shock
    I opened a folder with a subfolder in Documents. The subfolder had nothing in it. When I returned to my Documents, all the folders names where pink! Why?
    I returned to the folder and took the Read only off. When I returned to my Documents, all folder names where black again. I then just deleted the questionable folder and all seems black and fine now. I'm sure I've seen these pink folder names in Windows 7 before and my gut instinct just tells me it's not a good thing.
    What do pink folder names mean and how do I prevent the folder names from ever turning pink again?

:)

Caitlin, Aug 29, 2015

2. Make a playlist for music app using a computer

Just learned Xbox app and it doesn't help. Let me explain:

I have folder by name Pink Floyd and another folder Enigma. I need to create two playlists, one Pink Floyd and another one is Enigma and add songs from Pink Floyd folder to Pink Floyd PlayList and similar operation for Enigma. This feature not working.

Xbox app allows to add all songs from both folders to one collection then from one collection I have to pick songs of Pink Floyd and add them to Pink Floyd playlist. Everything looks good except if you don't know that a song belongs to Pink Floyd, you need
    to listen and try to figure out. Many years ago was so nice, copy folders with songs and create playlists. I understand that Microsoft earns money on sale music files, but removing this feature to create playlist based on folders pushes us to switch on Android.

AlexanderPovetkin, Aug 29, 2015
  3. 5310 swaps Album and Track Artists

First let me tell you how the music player handles files. Whether you store your music in a very organized manner, or leave them scattered across many folders in a haphazard way, it will list out the tracks when the music library is refreshed. It reads the
    ID3v2 tags stored in the mp3 files, and displays the track name. You can select by artist, or by album, or by playlists that you would've created. Therefore, unless you have the track name, Artist, and Album properly populated in the ID3v2 tags, you will not
    quite get what you want.

Suppose you have 10 songs from Pink Floyd stored in a single folder, but only 5 have the Artist name populated as Pink Floyd while in the other 5, it's written 'Floyd', you won't find these 10 tracks under the same artist. Instead, they would appear under
    Pink Floyd and Floyd. If all 10 were from the same album, you can view all of them under the same album.

I would suggest that you make sure that your files have the track names, Artis name and Album properly updated in the ID3v2 fields (not ID3v1) of the mp3 files.

deepestblue---01, Aug 29, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Pink Folder Names

I don't know about pink folders.

What I do know is that compressed folders are displayed in a different color. At least Windows 7 showed them in blue I think.

Joergi, Aug 29, 2015
Thema:

Pink Folder Names

1. Pink Folder Names - Similar Threads - Pink Folder Names

2. Folder Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Name: Why is my folder my documents appearing in chinese characters? here is what it says.. i changed my name to XXXXX: "C:\Users\XXXXX\OneDrive\\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-name/d6187b9f-e797-4a4b-90f8-2a9c9f10c5af
  3. Folder Name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Name: Why is my folder my documents appearing in chinese characters? here is what it says.. i changed my name to XXXXX: "C:\Users\XXXXX\OneDrive\\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-name/d6187b9f-e797-4a4b-90f8-2a9c9f10c5af
  4. Pink everywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pink everywhere: Just set up a new Surface Laptop running Windows 11. A ghastly pink color was showing on every application and every window. Changed theme to "dark" and that corrected the problem on my Surface Laptop screen, but on two external displays highlights for text in Edge, header...
  5. Pink everywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pink everywhere: Just set up a new Surface Laptop running Windows 11. A ghastly pink color was showing on every application and every window. Changed theme to "dark" and that corrected the problem on my Surface Laptop screen, but on two external displays highlights for text in Edge, header...
  6. Change the name of account and folder name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the name of account and folder name.: I am in the process of setting up a Windows PC. I noticed that after I went through the prompts to begin using windows and signing on to my Microsoft account that I have a user in my local folders called c:\users\kenp1. I do not want to use that name, but I can't find...
  7. Pink Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pink Screen: My display is not normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pink-screen/5976528c-151b-497a-9d85-be08dba317c0
  8. Pink photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pink photos: Recently, when I upload my photos from my camera they have a pink/brown tint that was not on my camera. My computer has been recently Windows 10 updated and has been tuned up and drivers updated....
  9. User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders"

in Windows 10 Customization
    User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders": I have a problem with my User Folder. Actually the User Folder name is fine, but when you add the Folder on the desktop (with the option on Personalize + Themes) it changed it's name to "Folders" I've tried creating new users, but every new user I create, no matter how...
  10. User folder name...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User folder name...: I've re-installed Win10 Home via the media creation tool. Everything is where it should be and my account is working just fine. But... For some reason my personal folder under C:/Users is named after the first five letters of my Email instead of my real first name, which is...