Windows 10: Pinned Chrome shortcut not visible on taskbar after restart

Discus and support Pinned Chrome shortcut not visible on taskbar after restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is a strange problem that only occurs on my Windows 10 Home edition (Version 1703 build 15063.250) laptop. I have always been able to pin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by braincramp, May 3, 2017.

1. Pinned Chrome shortcut not visible on taskbar after restart

This is a strange problem that only occurs on my Windows 10 Home edition (Version 1703 build 15063.250) laptop.

I have always been able to pin Google Chrome to my taskbar without issue. Now when I pin it, the shortcut icon shows up for that session, but dissapears when I restart the computer. No other shortcut does this.

The shortcut is present in the C:\Users\<User name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar folder. The attached screenshot shows the shortcut is present, but not showing on the taskbar.

Pinned Chrome shortcut not visible on taskbar after restart [​IMG]

I normally use StartIsBack, but I disabled it and the shortcut continued to dissapear. I logged on with the Administrator account, same issue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

braincramp, May 3, 2017

2. Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcut

I wanted to create a separate short for chrome incognito. However when pinned the shortcut to taskbar it got merged with old chrome pinned shortcut on taskbar. After that I deleted the shortcut on desktop and which had shortcut key Ctrl+Shift+N. Now when
    I wanted to create a new shortcut for same purpose I can't use Ctrl+Shift+N.

When I press Ctrl+Shift+N it opens chrome new window.

viki.godara, May 3, 2017
  3. Install Google to taskbar in windows 10

Would like to add a shortcut to Google (not chrome) to the windows 10 taskbar. It's in the start menu, albeit without the graphics, however it will not pin to the taskbar. How do I pin Google to the taskbar????

asdhyipwerotuwef5n6gv[4p5btu]-rd6wnv] t8r'4pqe9ut, May 3, 2017
Thema:

Pinned Chrome shortcut not visible on taskbar after restart

1. Pinned Chrome shortcut not visible on taskbar after restart - Similar Threads - Pinned Chrome shortcut

2. reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts: I have 4 word documents pinned to the taskbar shortcut menu - when I right-click the word tab on the taskbar, they pop up along with recently used Word files. Is there any way to reorder the pinned files?...
  3. reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts: I have 4 word documents pinned to the taskbar shortcut menu - when I right-click the word tab on the taskbar, they pop up along with recently used Word files. Is there any way to reorder the pinned files?...
  4. reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Any way to change icons of Chrome shortcuts pinned to taskbar?

Any way to change icons of Chrome shortcuts pinned to taskbar?: I have a bunch of websites "saved as shortcuts" from Chrome, and pinned to taskbar. But I would like to customize the taskbar icons, e.g., to distinguish Outlook Mail from Calendar:...
  6. Pinned shortcuts to taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pinned shortcuts to taskbar: Hi, Shortcuts pinned to Edge and Excel on tasksbar in Windows 10 cannot be moved up and down with the mouse like I used to in Windows 7. Is this no longer possible in Windows 10 or do I have an error or setting that can be fixed? If so any suggestions are welcome....
  7. pinned icons in taskbar are hidden or not visible

pinned icons in taskbar are hidden or not visible: hi there, after an update my pinned icons in the taskbar like windows explorer, internet explorer, and pinned icons like chrome and other stuff which is present on the left-hand bottom as u know are not visible only Cortana and start menu icon and search icon is...
  8. Pinned items on taskbar suddenly not visible

Pinned items on taskbar suddenly not visible: I have been running Windows 10 for over 2 years, without any major issues. I have the Microsoft Office App's (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook) pinned to my taskbar. But starting today, although all app's seem to be there, the icons for Word and Powerpoint have...
  9. Chrome shortcut pinned to taskbar: open "in place" or to the side?

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome shortcut pinned to taskbar: open "in place" or to the side?: I notice that Chrome icon pinned to taskbar has inconsistent behavior between my Windows 10 Pro installs. (My taskbar is configured for "Taskbar buttons: Never combine", but it makes no difference) 1. On one machine clicking on pinned Chrome icon expands that pinned icon...
  10. Pin shortcut to Sound to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin shortcut to Sound to taskbar: I have a shortcut to ControlPanel/Sound: %windir%\system32\mmsys.cpl which I'd like to pin to the taskbar. The open window has no pin option. I tried dragging mmsys.cpl to the tasbar, which created a pinned icon but the icon brings up the Default programs window, not sound....