Windows 10: Pinned folders in taskbar opens CMD in default?

Discus and support Pinned folders in taskbar opens CMD in default? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I left click the folders in taskbar, for example, "Downloads" from the Library then the CMD shows up for half a second and disappears, it's fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PukingTom, May 6, 2018.

1. PukingTom Win User

Pinned folders in taskbar opens CMD in default?

When I left click the folders in taskbar, for example, "Downloads" from the Library then the CMD shows up for half a second and disappears, it's fine when I double click the folders from the Windows Explorer window itself, but not in taskbar. Any ideas?

:)

PukingTom, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Pinned folders in taskbar opens CMD in default?

1. Pinned folders in taskbar opens CMD in default? - Similar Threads - Pinned folders taskbar

2. Change default folder Explorer opens up when pinned to taskbar Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change default folder Explorer opens up when pinned to taskbar Windows 11: I want to have the icon for Explorer on my taskbar, open up to my D partition where my documents are. I see from this article how to get it pinned to the start menu, and have it open up to D from the icon in my start menu. But after pinning explorer to my taskbar, it reverts...
  3. Change default folder Explorer opens up when pinned to taskbar Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default folder Explorer opens up when pinned to taskbar Windows 11: I want to have the icon for Explorer on my taskbar, open up to my D partition where my documents are. I see from this article how to get it pinned to the start menu, and have it open up to D from the icon in my start menu. But after pinning explorer to my taskbar, it reverts...
  4. CMD default opening size is tiny

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMD default opening size is tiny: Hey all When I try open my command prompt it opens up very small, see for reference: [ATTACH] I have gone into the command prompt's default properties and changed the dimensions to what I want it to open to but it still opens up as a tiny box. This is doubly frustrating...
  5. Open folder with cmd?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open folder with cmd?: Hello I would like to use cmd to open a specific folder in Windows Explorer on Windows 10. Does anyone know how to do that? OOrdner mit cmd öffnen?
  6. Pin .cmd/bat files to taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pin .cmd/bat files to taskbar: Some UWP apps look very out of place on my taskbar and I wanted to change the icons. The only way I found looking instead of editing in MS Visual Studio was to make a run command and that opens the app. However, I can't pin it to the taskbar. I tried .bat but that didn't work...
  7. Pinning folders on taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinning folders on taskbar: So I'm not sure if this has been asked or resolved yet, but when I want to pin a specific folder onto my taskbar, it instead pins it to the File Explorer for some reason. For example, if I drag and drop the Downloads folder onto my taskbar, it creates a File Explorer button....
  8. Default open with folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default open with folder: Hello, I have screwed up my default open folder with.. it all started by trying to set the default console to powershell, I have been messing around with registry settings but in the end I failed to set it up.. then I went and double clicked a folder to open it and...
  9. Custom folder pinned to taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom folder pinned to taskbar?: Is there a way to pin one or more folders to the taskbar? I know I can access it through the file explorer's jumplist but this involves too many clicks, and I like to be able to access my Downloads and Dropbox folder from the task bar, not the start menu. Or at least if...
  10. Change default Explorer folder (for taskbar-pinned shortcut)

in Windows 10 Support
    Change default Explorer folder (for taskbar-pinned shortcut): I'd been using this method on Windows 7: Windows Explorer Taskbar Icon - Change Open To Target And I take it that this is how it's done in 8: File Explorer Taskbar Icon - Change Open To Target Will the latter tutorial also work here in 10? 10574