Windows 10: Pinned Items not showing in File Explorer.

Discus and support Pinned Items not showing in File Explorer. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and everything was fine then. But recently I am experiencing an issue which is "Pinned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by debjitdas86, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Pinned Items not showing in File Explorer.

I have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and everything was fine then. But recently I am experiencing an issue which is "Pinned items and Jump List are not displayed in File Explorer in both Taskbar and Start Menu". Pinned items and Jump Lists are displayed for other programs in Taskbar as usual but the issue is only with File Explorer. I have restarted the PC but still the problem persists and I have also disabled Cortana.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. *Sad*Sad*Sad

System Specs:
    CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo
    Motherboard - Gigabyte (G31M-ES2L)
    RAM - 4 GB
    Graphics Card - NVIDIA GTX 560 (2 GB)
    OS - Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

:)

debjitdas86, Sep 25, 2015

2. Pinned Items not showing in File Explorer.

I have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and everything was fine then. But recently I am experiencing an issue which is "Pinned items and Jump List are not displayed in File Explorer in both Taskbar and Start Menu". Pinned items and
    Jump Lists are displayed for other programs in Taskbar as usual but the issue is only with File Explorer. I have restarted the PC but still the problem persists and I have also disabled Cortana.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Pinned Items not showing in File Explorer. [​IMG]

I am showing a video regarding the issue ....

File Explorer Problem

System Specs:

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo

Motherboard - Gigabyte (G31M-ES2L)

RAM - 4 GB

Graphics Card - NVIDIA GTX 560 (2 GB)

OS - Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

DebjitDas_86, Sep 25, 2015
  3. Pinned Items not showing in File Explorer.

Hi Debjit,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run SFC Scan

Please click on the below link and follow procedure to perform SFC scan.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Method 2: DISM Tool

I would also suggest you to run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.

• 1. Press Windows key + X.

2. Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

3. In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Check if it helps.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to perform a clean boot and check if any third party software causing the issue.

Method 3: Perform Clean Boot

Start your computer by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot."

Click on the below link and follow the procedure to perform clean boot. Check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/331796

I hope the issue will be resolved. If not, please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 25, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Pinned Items not showing in File Explorer.

Brink, Sep 25, 2015
  5. No pinned items are not showing in both File Explorer and Quick Access.

Even if I pin a folder to Quick Access it is not showing in Quick Access.

I am showing a video regarding the issue ....

[youtube]tckPNBWiwww[/youtube]

debjitdas86, Sep 26, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 26, 2015
  7. Thanks it resolved the problem.

debjitdas86, Sep 29, 2015
  8. ninja750 Win User

thanks! same problem solved with the .BAT file (solution 1)

ninja750, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Pinned Items not showing in File Explorer. - Similar Threads - Pinned Items showing

2. Not all items on the desktop shows up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not all items on the desktop shows up in file explorer: How do I get file explorer, when I select the desktop, to show what all is on the desktop, not just those items in my user id desktop folder? Nothing shows up from 'All Users' as it does on the desktop itself....
  3. Not all items on the desktop shows up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not all items on the desktop shows up in file explorer: How do I get file explorer, when I select the desktop, to show what all is on the desktop, not just those items in my user id desktop folder? Nothing shows up from 'All Users' as it does on the desktop itself....
  4. Items pinned to Quick access are showing twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Items pinned to Quick access are showing twice: Items pinned in quick access recently stopped appearing on the sidebar under Home. Instead, they appear in this block on the left. For a brief time they actually appeared in the old location as well, but now they only appear in this block.I like Quick access, and just want...
  5. Items pinned to Quick access are showing twice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Items pinned to Quick access are showing twice: Items pinned in quick access recently stopped appearing on the sidebar under Home. Instead, they appear in this block on the left. For a brief time they actually appeared in the old location as well, but now they only appear in this block.I like Quick access, and just want...
  6. File Explorer pinned items reset to defaults

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer pinned items reset to defaults: I have a user who after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 cannot pin anything to his file explorer jump lists. I have tried all the fixes I could find and most didn't work. Some worked for a little while but eventually the file explorer resets to defaults and anything...
  7. Pinning To File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinning To File Explorer: I did a lot of reading and searching on this problem but never found anything completely on target. I used to be able to drag a folder icon to the file explorer icon on the task bar and it would be pinned to the file explorer. A right click on file explorer shows 11 items...
  8. Arranging items within file folders in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Arranging items within file folders in File Explorer: I understand that older versions of windows allowed the user to move items to whatever order they wanted. I am trying to create playlists with my music and it's just impossible! I have to be satisfied with alphabetical or whatever and cannot simply move the items to the order...
  9. File Explorer Quick Access trouble.. Cannot pin items

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Quick Access trouble.. Cannot pin items: File Explorer is behaving weird - I cannot pin items to Quick Access. When I pin items they won't appear to QA. Also when dragging items to QA nothing happens and there's a small icon indicating that is not possible. I did some "tweaks" with Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.5 but...
  10. Increasing number of items to be pinned to File explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Increasing number of items to be pinned to File explorer: I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and would like to know how I go about increasing the number of items to be pinned to File Explorer It would be appreciated if someone could kindly assist me in advising me how to set the maximum number of items to be pinned to file...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pinned not staying in file explorer in windows

2. pinned file exploere not shown