Windows 10: Pinned sites to Firefox jumplist

Discus and support Pinned sites to Firefox jumplist in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have both internet explorer 11 and Firefox quantum pinned to my taskbar. I like using the jump lists by right clicking on them both. I have pinned... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Scottyboy99, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Pinned sites to Firefox jumplist

I have both internet explorer 11 and Firefox quantum pinned to my taskbar. I like using the jump lists by right clicking on them both. I have pinned websites on both jump lists. One thing that has been aggravating me slightly is with the latest Firefox the ‘frequent sites’ no longer show the website favicon/icon. They are now just generic Firefox icons. But I was happy enough that the pinned sites still continued to show the favicon. Until today when one of my pinned sites ‘twitter’ reverted to a generic Firefox icon. I tried reloading the page as this often works when internet explorer pinned sites revert to a generic IE icon. But that didn’t work, so I unpinned it, then re pinned it but no matter what the generic Firefox icon maintains itself. I no longer get the twitter favicon. I know it’s not major but I think it looks much better to have this than generic icons. I have other pinned sites on Firefox that still have the correct favicon such as YouTube but so far only the twitter has changed itself. Anyone else notice the same, even use jump lists/pinned sites and have any ideas?

thanks
    wayne

:)

Scottyboy99, Dec 31, 2017
  2. gt999wa Win User

Edge Jump list

I checked those settings as suggested and they are set properly. I have jumplists for other pinned Apps, like Word, Excel, File Explorer, etc. But no Jumplist for Edge. If I open a web page in IE from Edge, the running IE program has a working jumplist
    and I can launch other previously visited web sites (and they launch in IE) with no problem. Edge doesn't support a jumplist.

gt999wa, Dec 31, 2017
  3. Raptor66 Win User
    Pinned on taskbar shortcuts

Hi

i have google chrome and firefox pinned to the taskbar. it seems i can only pin 9 websites. in windows 8.1 i was able to pin about 12 or more.

the setting in taskbar and navigation for jumplists no longer exists

how can i get this increased in windows 10 pro

Pinned sites to Firefox jumplist [​IMG]

Pinned sites to Firefox jumplist [​IMG]

Raptor66, Dec 31, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Pinned sites to Firefox jumplist

In about:config, go to browser.taskbar.lists.tasks.enabled, disable it, check then re-enable it.

Edwin, Dec 31, 2017
Thema:

Pinned sites to Firefox jumplist

1. Pinned sites to Firefox jumplist - Similar Threads - Pinned sites Firefox

2. 'Pin to this list' in the Jumplist to the Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    'Pin to this list' in the Jumplist to the Taskbar in Windows 10: Hi guys, For Excel, I am able to 'pin to this list' an Excel file, and it stays pinned. Good. For Word, I am not able to 'pin to this list' any Word document. Why is that? Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Installed on ‎22-‎Oct-‎20 OS build 19042.804 Experience Windows...
  3. FireFox problems on some banking sites

in Browsers and Email
    FireFox problems on some banking sites: FF Ver85.01b 2 Questions: 1. For some reason some, not all, of my banking accounts (vanguard) will allow me to sign in but when I want to look at account info, all I get is a blank (grey) page. Refreshing does no good. Will work with MS EDGE on this computer, or FF on...
  4. Firefox no longer logging me into sites

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox no longer logging me into sites: Since updating to FF 82.0, I've been having to log into sites with login names and passwords recorded in Firefox that I haven't had to manually log into for a long time. This site and YouTube are two that I have to log into manually every time I open them. I posted on another...
  5. Excel jumplist entries won't stay pinned

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel jumplist entries won't stay pinned: I have moved my OneDrive folder from its default location to D: In my Excel recent files list I sometimes see two entries for a file One has the path D:\OneDrive etc and the filename includes the file extension The other has the path https://d.docs.live.net etc and does not...
  6. Excel jumplist entries won't stay pinned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel jumplist entries won't stay pinned: I have moved my OneDrive folder from its default location to D: In my Excel recent files list I sometimes see two entries for a file One has the path D:\OneDrive etc and the filename includes the file extension The other has the path https://d.docs.live.net etc and does not...
  7. Firefox Site Content Issues

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Site Content Issues: Hi guys. Have a bit of a weird issue. Just realised that Firefox will not display a sites full content but it will do on Edge. I'm trying to place a bet and it won't let me view the full coupon but it will do on Edge. Just seems very strabge [img] Firefox is updated to...
  8. Outlook.com with Firefox and site certificate problem

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook.com with Firefox and site certificate problem: Anyone having security certificate problems when trying to use Outlook.com mail with Firefox recently might want to watch this site for Microsoft's progress in fixing the fault. Office 365 Service Status I can usually get in now with repeatedly clicking the Retry button...
  9. Firefox will not work on this site, but Edge does.

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox will not work on this site, but Edge does.: Firefox is my preferred browser, and I have the latest version/update. Problem is that it will not show me threads on this site. I can see the thread listings, but when I go to read a thread, I get nothing but blank space where the messages should be. The avatars and user...
  10. Pinning a site to Mozilla jumplist

in Browsers and Email
    Pinning a site to Mozilla jumplist: Does anyone know how to pin a site to the Mozilla jumplist? I thought you dragged the website icon from the browser onto the pinned Mozilla residing on the taskbar. Maybe that method worked once (as I have an old one still pinned) but it doesn’t work. Same across multiple pcs...