Windows 10: Pinned stuff on jump lists

Discus and support Pinned stuff on jump lists in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I quite like the jump lists. I use them on IE11, Mozilla and file explorer quite a bit. Each of these are pinned to my task bar. If I right click say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scottyboy99, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Pinned stuff on jump lists

I quite like the jump lists. I use them on IE11, Mozilla and file explorer quite a bit. Each of these are pinned to my task bar. If I right click say IE11 I can see the jump list for frequent tasks such as private browsing, frequent sites and then I have pinned some sites. Same for file explorer where I’ve pinned some folders. Trouble is after a restart if I initially right click on one of these all my pinned things show generic icons. But it only does this on the first right click, if I do it again all is normal. And it only affects things that I have pinned and not the default actions on said jump list. Example, I right click
    IE11 and all the pinned sites show as a generic white sheet of paper icon as opposed to their website fav icon. Next right click the fav icons all show. Same with file explorer, first right click pinned folders like photos, videos show as generic yellow folder icon. Next right click the normal icons show up. All then ok until I next login/boot. Strange annoyance that most people haven’t prob noticed but it irks me. I unticked jump list recent items in settings and enabled again but it made no difference. It’s hard to explain and impossible to capture a screenshot to show

thanks
    Wayne

:)

Scottyboy99, Mar 3, 2018

2. Pinned icons on jump lists

Hi,

It's quite odd. Perhaps this happened after updating your PC. Now, before we get into the solution, when was the recent update? Have you tried installing the latest updates for Windows 10 1709? If no, then install all the suggest cumulative updates for Windows
    10 1709 from this article:
    Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 update history.

Let us know the outcome.

Marque Lor, Mar 3, 2018
  3. Pinned icons on jump lists

Hi

thank you. Yes its v1709 and completely updated. Last cumulative update received this past monday evening and all installed ok

Scottyboy99, Mar 3, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Pinned stuff on jump lists

Brink, Mar 3, 2018
  5. Thanks, gave it a go. But it made no difference to the issue. I didn't think there was corruption as the icons in every other way are all fine. It's just this 1 small quirk. Oh well, it's either a small bug in windows or maybe some kind of installed software I have causing it. Seeing as it immediately fixes itself after the first initial right click I will try and put it to the back of my mind!

Scottyboy99, Mar 3, 2018
  6. Is there some kind of batch/script that can kind of simulate a right click on one of these pinned taskbar programs in the background at login ? That would make this aesthetic eyesore transparent

Scottyboy99, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Pinned stuff on jump lists

1. Pinned stuff on jump lists - Similar Threads - Pinned stuff jump

2. Jump lists?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jump lists?: Win 10 Pro 22H2, fully up-to-date.Not sure this is a Jump List issue or something else...In the past, when I clicked Start>Run I could click the v at right end of the Open: box to pop up and select from a list of recently run apps, eg, msinfo32, regedit, services.msc, etc....
  3. Jump lists?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jump lists?: Win 10 Pro 22H2, fully up-to-date.Not sure this is a Jump List issue or something else...In the past, when I clicked Start>Run I could click the v at right end of the Open: box to pop up and select from a list of recently run apps, eg, msinfo32, regedit, services.msc, etc....
  4. Jump lists?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to pin URLs to browser jump lists

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to pin URLs to browser jump lists: I've complained in the past about how Windows 11 eliminated the ability to pin a web page to the jump list for a browser on the taskbar. It's till not fixed if ever. Is there a way regedit? to accomplish this? I've gotten suggestions to use Edge, but they add each web page as...
  6. Unable to pin URLs to browser jump lists

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to pin URLs to browser jump lists: I've complained in the past about how Windows 11 eliminated the ability to pin a web page to the jump list for a browser on the taskbar. It's till not fixed if ever. Is there a way regedit? to accomplish this? I've gotten suggestions to use Edge, but they add each web page as...
  7. JUMP Lists

JUMP Lists: Do JUMP Lists still work in the Windows 10 taskbar? For Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2, OS build 19042.1165. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jump-lists/30e338af-26cf-434d-9f56-d39d975ba257
  8. Pinned document in jump list cannot be removed

Pinned document in jump list cannot be removed: Good day. Experiencing troubles when I try to remvove a pinned document on the jump list of Word that is pinned to my task bar. When I right click the Word app I can see the entry. It is possible to pin the same document again - in this case the same document gets pinned...
  9. Jump list

Jump list: If you don't want jump list on the web browser in the taskbar 1.Settings 2.personalisation 3.start 4.Show recently opened items in jump list on start or the taskbar, click off. However this works only once, when you reboot and use your web browser, the jump list ends up...
  10. jump list

jump list: hello people is there a hack or tweak out there that wil let me change the order of my pinned itmes in the jumplist you used to be able to drag them,,, but no more 92365