Windows 10: Pinning a site to Mozilla jumplist

Discus and support Pinning a site to Mozilla jumplist in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to pin a site to the Mozilla jumplist? I thought you dragged the website icon from the browser onto the pinned Mozilla residing on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Scottyboy99, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Pinning a site to Mozilla jumplist

Does anyone know how to pin a site to the Mozilla jumplist? I thought you dragged the website icon from the browser onto the pinned Mozilla residing on the taskbar. Maybe that method worked once (as I have an old one still pinned) but it doesn’t work. Same across multiple pcs so I guess that rules out a local issue.

:)

Scottyboy99, Dec 2, 2017
  2. gt999wa Win User

Edge Jump list

I checked those settings as suggested and they are set properly. I have jumplists for other pinned Apps, like Word, Excel, File Explorer, etc. But no Jumplist for Edge. If I open a web page in IE from Edge, the running IE program has a working jumplist
    and I can launch other previously visited web sites (and they launch in IE) with no problem. Edge doesn't support a jumplist.

gt999wa, Dec 2, 2017
  3. Tarman72 Win User
    how to keep W7 start menu pinned items when upgrading to W10

This simply doesn't work. I can't see the jumplists in start menu after enabling it in settings app.

Also, I notice these aren't actual jumplists, as you can't pin items.

WORKING SOLUTION: Install classicshell and forget W10

Tarman72, Dec 2, 2017
  4. Anak Win User

Pinning a site to Mozilla jumplist

Scott dragging works for me using FF v57.0.1 with either win7 or win10.

If I left-hold and drag either the info icon or the security lock to the pinned FF icon on my taskbar:

Pinning a site to Mozilla jumplist [​IMG]

It shows on my jump list:

When you drag either icon do you see it and a small rectangle following your mouse movement towards the pinned FF icon on the taskbar?

Anak, Dec 2, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    Or, pin from the 'frequent' list, that way you retain the site favicon.

Edwin, Dec 2, 2017
  6. Doh, I was doing it wrong. Trying to drag the favicon down to it. Doing it as per the screenshot worked. Yeah, I would do frequents but they have never worked for me. Don't show up. Ive messed about in config but it never seems to work.

Thanks for your help guys!

Scottyboy99, Dec 2, 2017
  7. Anak Win User
    Glad to hear you have it sorted; Good tip Edwin!

Scott, you might have a corrupt profile if that one way doesn't work. To create extra profiles in FF copy/paste/type firefox.exe -P into your run box. Create, rename, and leave that box unchecked to continue to test, when satisfied you can delete any remaining profiles and check the box.

Use the Profile Manager to create and remove Firefox profiles

Anak, Dec 2, 2017
  8. Pinning a site to Mozilla jumplist

Ok, thank you for that extra tip. I will give it a try later. I’m not too fussed about the frequents because it can look a bit messy but I was very keen to get the pinned sites working ok.

Scottyboy99, Dec 2, 2017
  9. Anak Win User
    You're welcome. I left a link to explain more.

Anak, Dec 2, 2017
  10. Ok, much appreciated. I had no idea the profile manager existed!

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Pinning a site to Mozilla jumplist

1. Pinning a site to Mozilla jumplist - Similar Threads - Pinning site Mozilla

2. 'Pin to this list' in the Jumplist to the Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    'Pin to this list' in the Jumplist to the Taskbar in Windows 10: Hi guys, For Excel, I am able to 'pin to this list' an Excel file, and it stays pinned. Good. For Word, I am not able to 'pin to this list' any Word document. Why is that? Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Installed on ‎22-‎Oct-‎20 OS build 19042.804 Experience Windows...
  3. Pinning Sites to the Start

Pinning Sites to the Start: Hello - For the last few days, I haven't been able to pin sites to the Start. I don't know what happened. I can pin them to the Taskbar but when I try to pin them to the Start, the blue square appears and when I click it, nothing happens. Instead of saying the site name, the...
  4. Excel jumplist entries won't stay pinned

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel jumplist entries won't stay pinned: I have moved my OneDrive folder from its default location to D: In my Excel recent files list I sometimes see two entries for a file One has the path D:\OneDrive etc and the filename includes the file extension The other has the path https://d.docs.live.net etc and does not...
  5. Excel jumplist entries won't stay pinned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel jumplist entries won't stay pinned: I have moved my OneDrive folder from its default location to D: In my Excel recent files list I sometimes see two entries for a file One has the path D:\OneDrive etc and the filename includes the file extension The other has the path https://d.docs.live.net etc and does not...
  6. Pinned Web Site

Pinned Web Site: Is there still no way to rename web site I pin to the start menu??? James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinned-web-site/f92a3f93-c1c2-46d8-a4d5-da9b32de6e6d
  7. Snips & Jumplists

Snips & Jumplists: I often wonder if people realize Snips can be done right from Snip & Sketch's 'commands' on its jumplist; don't, even have to go to/open its window. Speaking of jumplists... for so many things, their jumplists offer 'commands' that one can often work directly with/from an...
  8. Jumplists not working

Jumplists not working: Hi, most of the jumplists of my pinned programs are not working: [ATTACH] ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ [ATTACH] !-- The item is there:...
  9. Pinned sites to Firefox jumplist

in Browsers and Email
    Pinned sites to Firefox jumplist: I have both internet explorer 11 and Firefox quantum pinned to my taskbar. I like using the jump lists by right clicking on them both. I have pinned websites on both jump lists. One thing that has been aggravating me slightly is with the latest Firefox the ‘frequent sites’ no...
  10. Mozilla jumplist

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla jumplist: Anyone know of a reliable way to try and get jump lists back on Mozilla without resorting to uninstalling / reinstalling? If I right click the pinned Mozilla icon or it's entry in the start menu it no longer shows the jumplists, recent, private browsing etc. Just gives option...