Windows 10: Pinning files to links context menu

Discus and support Pinning files to links context menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If I right-click the Excel link in my windows start menu, the context menu displays several pinned excel files that I commonly use. I need to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by chobe, Oct 12, 2016.

1. chobe Win User

Pinning files to links context menu

If I right-click the Excel link in my windows start menu, the context menu displays several pinned excel files that I commonly use. I need to change the properties (file location) in one of these pinned links. I recall creating some desktop short cuts and then moving them to a specific shell folder like shell:appsfolder, but cannot locate the correct folder or find original instructions I followed to create these links. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Note: This appears similar to Recent files....but they are in fact pinned!

:)

chobe, Oct 12, 2016

2. Explorer.exe right click context menu missing links

Hi James,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you recreate the missing links in the File Explorer. You may refer to the steps provided below:

• Type regedit in Run box.
    • Hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.
    • Verify the registry key listed below:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\New\

(Default)

Has the value listed as follows:

{D969A300-E7FF-11d0-A93B-00A0C90F2719}

4. Recreate it to match this value If it does not exists or if it shows a different value

5. Restart the File Explorer.

Registry Disclaimer:

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about
    how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article.

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Update us with the result.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Oct 12, 2016
  3. Explorer.exe right click context menu missing links

Explorer.exe right click context menu missing links

I right clicked on a folder with 54 gigs of files and in advanced checked Compress Contents to save disk space.

After it was working I forgot it was running and shut down the computer.

Now when I right click in a folder the context menu is missing most of the links. How can I fix this.

I have run the 4 files recomended including SFC.

Pinning files to links context menu [​IMG]

JamesProvost, Oct 12, 2016
Thema:

Pinning files to links context menu

1. Pinning files to links context menu - Similar Threads - Pinning files links

2. context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    context menu: i just reinstalled windows but when we right click on desktop which shows refresh option it i s always showing to my left . the menu opens to the left of my mouse.should not it be opening to the right of my mouse...
  3. Customize File Explorer context menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize File Explorer context menu?: I tried searching the tutorials but came up empty . . . Is it possible to customize the file explorer context menu to remove items you don't want to appear on the menu? The "context" in this case is the menu that appears when you click on a .txt file, an image file or a...
  4. Display Drive link missing from context menu

Display Drive link missing from context menu: The Display Driver link that is usually the first line on the context menu right click on desktop is gone. So is the Start Menu. But sometimes Start will have Productivity with MS apps in it. This is the third time this has happened this week. Earlier this week I used the...
  5. Is it possible to link context menu with running default browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to link context menu with running default browser?: So, what I would like to do is for example click on the image with left mouse click and use a context menu for two things. One is searching the image on Google Image, so I can easily find similar images. Second is pretty much the same thing, but instead, search the filename...
  6. Onedrive - Create a link when there's no context menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive - Create a link when there's no context menu: Hi, I want to share a 56 MB file with a friend using Onedrive. I add to 'shared favourites' on Onedrive and then right click, however the context menu simply has 'share' as an option which displays a dialogue where you can choose an email address and it will then send an...
  7. context menue

context menue: my context menu does not show the ability to set windows in a pattern ,side by side etc. how can this be add? all tutorial for moving windows into various groupings start with right clicking to get the context menu which has these patterns....
  8. Context menu not working on HD files

Context menu not working on HD files: OK here we go again Don't know what happened to my other thread ??? If I right click on large (High Definition) video files to see the context menu the process starts but never completes. If I click again most times it will simply white out and freeze. No problems at all...
  9. No context menu HD video files

No context menu HD video files: I have many video files some are High Definition Movies. When I right click on the larger (HD) files the action to show the context menu begins but then it just churns away for as long as i care to wait but the context menu will not appear. If I click again most times it...
  10. Remove "Pin to Start" Context Menu for Files in Windows 10?

Remove "Pin to Start" Context Menu for Files in Windows 10?: Looking to remove the "pin to start" context menu from Windows 10, I use startmenu replacement and that option is very much in the way. There was a way for win 8.1 Files in Windows 8 But reg files changed, so anyone got a Win 10 version of it? Cheers. 12374