Windows 10: Pixelbook may be the only Chromebook on the market to get Windows 10 support

Discus and support Pixelbook may be the only Chromebook on the market to get Windows 10 support in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The reports have revealed that Google might start playing nice with Microsoft’s OS sometime in the future by allowing its Pixelbook to boot Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 18, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Pixelbook may be the only Chromebook on the market to get Windows 10 support

The reports have revealed that Google might start playing nice with Microsoft’s OS sometime in the future by allowing its Pixelbook to boot Windows 10. Google is working on a rumoured “Campfire” which is an alt-OS mode and it could allow users to dual boot Windows 10 on Chromebooks.

The mentions of WHCK (Windows Hardware Certification Kit) and HLK (Windows Hardware Lab Kit) in Chromium commits had confirmed that the AltOS mode is indeed about the Windows operating system.

The latest comments made to the same commit in Chromium Gerrit now suggests the Pixelbook may be the only Chromebook on the market today that would support new Campfire, or Windows 10. There’s still a chance that the future Chromebook from other manufacturers may support Windows 10 dual booting, but for now, the current generation Pixelbook will only get Windows 10.

“Considering that this is and should forever remain an Eve-specific thing, I think it would be better to attach the custom updater higher (e.g. other boards should never even have a reason to “preserve” anything here so this call is useless). We will still need to change more about the Eve legacy update flow anyway to deal with the fact that it was shipped before we started putting cros_allow_auto_update files into CBFS, so I think we’ll end up needing to overwrite all of check_and_update_legacy() anyway. Why not do that right now? I think keeping stuff cleaner for all future boards weighs higher than the little bit of code duplication this would net us for this one board,” a commit on Chromium Gerrit reads. It’s worth noting that “Eve” is the codename of Google Pixelbook.

Thanks, Divi for the tip!

The post Pixelbook may be the only Chromebook on the market to get Windows 10 support appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 18, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 18, 2018
  4. DRDNA Win User

DRDNA, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Pixelbook may be the only Chromebook on the market to get Windows 10 support - Similar Threads - Pixelbook may Chromebook

2. downloading windows 10 on a chromebook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downloading windows 10 on a chromebook: i was wondering how i could get windows 10 on a chromebook ive been trying but i cant seem to find a way to get it so i was wondering if anybody could help me find a way...
  3. Windows 10 on a Chromebook

Windows 10 on a Chromebook: How would i download/install windows 10 on to my chromebook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-a-chromebook/08ebdd15-55e0-47f9-b377-94a7d8e9e264
  4. Chromebook To Windows 10

Chromebook To Windows 10: I wanted to ask if i can get windows 10 on my chromebook. Is there a way to install it without disc or USB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chromebook-to-windows-10/a32a58e4-702a-49f9-a2d4-13f45a5b5f83
  5. Windows 10 on Chromebook

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 on Chromebook: Anyone know if it's possible to run Windows 10 on the HP Chromebook 14 CA052WM? submitted by /u/PhenomenalBlaze [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/evb0rh/windows_10_on_chromebook/
  6. Chromebooks may soon be able to dual boot Windows 10 with Campfire

in Windows 10 News
    Chromebooks may soon be able to dual boot Windows 10 with Campfire: Everything we know about Campfire, Google’s secretive project to get Windows 10 running on Chromebooks. Since first reporting on Windows 10 capabilities on the Google Pixelbook, we’ve been closely tracking development to understand what’s going on behind Google’s doors. We’ve...
  7. Chromebooks may soon be able to dual boot Windows 10 using Campfire

in Windows 10 News
    Chromebooks may soon be able to dual boot Windows 10 using Campfire: Everything we know about Campfire, Google’s secretive project to get Windows 10 running on Chromebooks. Since first reporting on Windows 10 capabilities on the Google Pixelbook, we’ve been closely tracking development to understand what’s going on behind Google’s doors. We’ve...
  8. Google is reportedly bringing Windows 10 support to multiple Chromebooks

in Windows 10 News
    Google is reportedly bringing Windows 10 support to multiple Chromebooks: Google’s Chromebook is quite popular in the education segment and it has tried to take a bite out of Microsoft’s market. A report earlier this year revealed that the search engine giant might be trying to play nice with Microsoft by letting the PixelBook owners run...
  9. Market Share May 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Market Share May 2018: Here are the charts from NetMarketShare and StatCounter. NetMarketShare suggests that W7 & W10 are flat. StatCounter shows a big increase for W10 increasing and corresponding decrease for W7. (You'll need to click several times to see it full size) [img] Data from...
  10. Windows 10 on ARM will get 64-Bit app support in May 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 on ARM will get 64-Bit app support in May 2018: One of the biggest limitations of the Windows on Snapdragon platform is its inability to run 64-bit apps. Microsoft has said on multiple occasions that it intends to eventually offer that support, but we've not heard about a firm timeline until now. The company's general...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wtg unable to boot pixelbook