Windows 10: Placing a file in the TaskBar

Discus and support Placing a file in the TaskBar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In W10 ... I want to place an icon in theTTask Bar that links to a particular text file; and I want that icon\link to be permanent, to stay there, even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wdc, Mar 12, 2016.

1. WDC
    wdc Win User

Placing a file in the TaskBar

In W10 ... I want to place an icon in theTTask Bar that links to a particular text file; and I want that icon\link to be permanent, to stay there, even after I shut down.

Would someone tell me how I do that? How do I paste the shortcut to the text file on to the Task bar? Thanks.

:)

2. petrib Win User

placing a call through the internet tablet

Not using the 770 (note, that it has been replaced by the newer N800, so consider getting that, instead).

Message Edited by on 23-Jan-2007

04:47 PM

petrib, Mar 12, 2016
  3. tdjionis Win User
    placing a call through the internet tablet

I am thinking of purchasing the 770 internet tablet. I also have a nokia N70. When the two are connected via bluetooth will I be able to place a regular call (not internet) to a contact?

tdjionis, Mar 12, 2016
  4. Wynona Win User

You can't, WDC. The only way I've found is to set up the Quick Launch Bar. You can add whatever you want to that.

The tutorial is here: Quick Launch toolbar - Add or Remove in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Wynona, Mar 12, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    You can, but, you would need to create a shortcut on the Desktop adding the prefix: explorer.exe at the beginning, then a space, then the path to the file, (right click on the file while holding down Shift then 'Copy as Path'), then paste that into the rest of the shortcut path, click next, name it what you wish, click finish. If you want to give the shortcut a notepad icon, right click on it, choose Properties/Change Icon, in the icon source dialog type notepad.exe and choose the icon, click OK/Apply and OK, then drag that to the taskbar.
    You can delete the desktop shortcut if you wish.

Note: It will open a new instance of Notepad every time but, it will always be that file

Edwin, Mar 12, 2016
  6. Wynona Win User
    Good grief, Edwin, no wonder I never was able to have a file in my taskbar. It's so much easier to just build the Quick Launch Bar.

Wynona, Mar 13, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    True. Gotta try everything at least once though! *Wink

Edwin, Mar 13, 2016
  8. Wynona Win User

Nope, not moi! If you say it works, then it works for you. *Smile Quick Launch works best for me because I don't want any icons in my taskbar.

Wynona, Mar 13, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    I just did it for the OP, I don't like a cluttered taskbar either!

I did find a way to put everything into 'This PC' though; folders, drives, removable storage, apps, programs, control panel, search page, everything!!!

Placing a file in the TaskBar [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 13, 2016
  10. Wynona Win User
    Okey Dokey, then with that radio voice of yours, create a video tutorial so the rest of us that want to can do it. *Smile

Wynona, Mar 13, 2016
  11. WHS
    whs Win User
  12. Edwin New Member
    I don't think they'll let me do any more tutorials, musta reached my limit or sumpthin! *Wink

Edwin, Mar 13, 2016
  13. Wynona Win User

Oh, no you didn't! You can do as many as you want! Get busy!
    *Roflmao2

Wynona, Mar 13, 2016
  14. WHS
    whs Win User
    Why is that. Is there any kind of tutorial curfew.

15. Wynona Win User
    Nah . . . Edwin's just slacking off. *Eek

Wynona, Mar 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Placing a file in the TaskBar - Similar Threads - Placing file TaskBar

2. Placing 'Speaker Properties' On Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Placing 'Speaker Properties' On Taskbar: Hello-I want to replace the volume icon on the taskbar or System Tray? with the 'Speaker Properties' icon, as the later opens -in one click- not just the volume control, but the balance, tone and other controls. Windows 10 places only the volume Icon on the Taskbar. From...
  3. Placing 'Speaker Properties' On Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Placing 'Speaker Properties' On Taskbar: Hello-I want to replace the volume icon on the taskbar or System Tray? with the 'Speaker Properties' icon, as the later opens -in one click- not just the volume control, but the balance, tone and other controls. Windows 10 places only the volume Icon on the Taskbar. From...
  4. Placing 'Speaker Properties' On Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Place Date in Taskbar

How to Place Date in Taskbar: How do I put date back on my taskbar at bottom of screen? [Original Title: date] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-place-date-in-taskbar/8ee3eae5-bc2a-4082-bd50-9a5a195be215
  6. place a shortcut on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    place a shortcut on the taskbar: I have a shortcut to "Adjust print options" on my desktop would like to place it on the taskbar, is it possible? 136002
  7. Placing pictures in a "file"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Placing pictures in a "file"?: Hi ___ Nerd, First Class here. Need specific steps to place my pictures into a 'File'. 90 y.o., so be gentle! Wish then to transfer this file to a 'thumb drive'. I was a great Plumber, but this stuff boggles my mind!...
  8. Locking the TASKBAR in place!!!

Locking the TASKBAR in place!!!: I would like to know why I am not able to keep my TASKBAR LOCKED IN PLACE on my computer. I am able to move it from the Bottom to the Right, to the Top and to the Left but wherever I move it, it does NOT STAY LOCKED in it's position. I keep my TASKBAR on the Bottom of my...
  9. Will this place "color Management" on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Will this place "color Management" on the taskbar?: This is how it is done in Windows 7 (Color Management Shortcut - Create - Windows 7 Help Forums), but will it work for Windows 10? 37933
  10. Placing Files in Sequence

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Placing Files in Sequence: Hello, When I open my financial folders, the files of my monthly bank statements and brokerage statements are all over the page, including the years. Will windows place these files in proper sequence if I re-name them 1-2015, 2-2015, 3-2015 and so on? Or how can I...