Windows 10: Placing Files in Sequence

Discus and support Placing Files in Sequence in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, When I open my financial folders, the files of my monthly bank statements and brokerage statements are all over the page, including the years.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by rjordan393, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Placing Files in Sequence

Hello,
    When I open my financial folders, the files of my monthly bank statements and brokerage statements are all over the page, including the years. Will windows place these files in proper sequence if I re-name them 1-2015, 2-2015, 3-2015 and so on?
    Or how can I accomplish this?

:)

rjordan393, Jun 8, 2016

2. Nokia 5310 image sequence not available??

you must change the resolution to 640x480 or smaller to take advantage of image sequence. at it's highest setting of 640x480, you only get three images in sequence. at the smallest, 160x120, you get six images in sequence, the sequences of images is
    placed in a folder in your image gallery.

miguelfronteras, Jun 8, 2016
  3. Unable to import task sequence for x64 to in-place upgrade to Windows 10 by task sequence.

Thank you, will post the same in TechNet forum.

Vivek_7_RR, Jun 8, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Placing Files in Sequence

Sort by date should do it, it could be up or down.

CountMike, Jun 8, 2016
  5. It took time and I worked it out. After fooling around with the "View" tab and the sub tabs, I was not getting anywhere.
    So just above the columns, there are other sub tabs starting with " Name " "Date Modified" "Type" and "Size". The program would not allow me to modify the date but when I double clicked "Type" it arrange the files in descending order with the current month and year on top. I also changed the names as I suspected in my post. This must have allowed windows to place then also in sequence. Now I can find my files with a quick glance.

rjordan393, Jun 8, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Right, I should have told you to click on a tab. Each click on a tab changes it's function, ascending or descending and orders everything accordingly.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Placing Files in Sequence

1. Placing Files in Sequence - Similar Threads - Placing Files Sequence

2. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot sequence: Is there a downloadable tool out there, that will allow me to follow my Windows 10 boot sequence? My PC seems to freeze up during the boot sequence somewhere. I remember with the older versions of Windows, there was a way to follow the boot sequence....
  3. Number sequence off when renaming files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Number sequence off when renaming files: Just got a new laptop. In the past when I rename photo files I highlight 4 or 5, right click, name 1234 hit enter....what I get is 1234 1, 1234 2, 1234 3...etc. On this new laptop for some reason I get 1234, 1234 2, 1234 3. It's dropping the 1 from the 1st photo....and I...
  4. Sequence of downloads dispalyed by file explorer

Sequence of downloads dispalyed by file explorer: The File Explorer in Windows 10 displays the names of Downloads files by listing them in groups 0 - 9, A - H, I - P, etc. This grouping methodology causes problems for me because the way I like to manage my Downloads file. I would like to get rid of this grouping so that...
  5. CA Workstation Cert Gone After In-Place Upgrade Task Sequence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CA Workstation Cert Gone After In-Place Upgrade Task Sequence: After an in-place upgrade using a task sequence the trust cert for our LAN connection is gone and the machine can no longer connect to the network to get another cert from gpupdate. Tried to export cert via powsershell but its a non-exportable private key and cannot add it to...
  6. Placing pictures in a "file"?

Placing pictures in a "file"?: Hi ___ Nerd, First Class here. Need specific steps to place my pictures into a 'File'. 90 y.o., so be gentle! Wish then to transfer this file to a 'thumb drive'. I was a great Plumber, but this stuff boggles my mind!...
  7. beeping sequence

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    beeping sequence: I have a 5 beep sequence that I cannot figure out. everything operates fine other than this beeping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/beeping-sequence/e85df9e6-7d66-4ca9-b11a-858970db7343
  8. Copy files in the "Last Date Modified" sequence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy files in the "Last Date Modified" sequence: So I want to copy files from my PC to Android phone in the "Last Date Modified" sequence. That is, the file in that folder was modified the first should get copied first. Then the file that was modified second, should get copied second. Is there any way to do this?...
  9. Placing a file in the TaskBar

in Windows 10 Support
    Placing a file in the TaskBar: In W10 ... I want to place an icon in theTTask Bar that links to a particular text file; and I want that icon\link to be permanent, to stay there, even after I shut down. Would someone tell me how I do that? How do I paste the shortcut to the text file on to the Task bar?...
  10. Windows Sort sequence irritant -- wrong sequence

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Sort sequence irritant -- wrong sequence: Hi there when browsing through tagged music files Windows seems to come up with the WRONG sort sequence For example if I'm browsing Mozart Mozart symphonies /CD 1 Mozart symphonies /CD 10 ------- /CD 14 Mozart symphonies /CD 2 Mozart symphonies /CD 3 What I...