Windows 10: plain black desktop solid colour wallpaper

Discus and support plain black desktop solid colour wallpaper in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all. I can't seem to find how to have a straight black desktop background. The closest is a medium grey. I just want a straight black if possible...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by winaje, Jun 2, 2015.

1. winaje Win User

plain black desktop solid colour wallpaper

Hi all. I can't seem to find how to have a straight black desktop background. The closest is a medium grey. I just want a straight black if possible... Can you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks

:)

winaje, Jun 2, 2015

2. getting rid of 'noir' or other themes -

that's really helpful info -

where would i download a plain solid colour image from?

edwardoh---01, Jun 2, 2015
  3. getting rid of 'noir' or other themes -

Hi.. on the 6300 only a few of the themes can be delted by removing the .nth files from the themes folder.. the nokia default and noir themes are hard coded into the firmware so cannot be removed..

I suggest if you want a blank screen then download a plain solid colour image and use it as a wallpaper your screen res is 240 x 320 if you want to make one in paint or photoshop

jonas_smith_uk, Jun 2, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Right click on the desktop and choose "Personalize".

Then change the "Background" dropdown from "Picture" to "Color". The default is black. However, don't change the color if you want to keep black, there isn't any way to get back to black (the best you can get is a dark grey.

The only way I know of to get around this is to edit it in the registry manually:

HKCU\Control Panel\Colors\Background

Change the colors "0, 0, 0", then you have to log off and log back on.

Mystere, Jun 2, 2015
  5. winaje Win User
    Thanks for the reply, this is exactly what I have done. There are no strong colours available, no black or white, all shaded pastel types.

I've just finished the update to 10130, will check and see if that has changed

winaje, Jun 2, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    I added some additional information above.

Mystere, Jun 2, 2015
  7. topgundcp Win User
    You can use paint to create a black square (RGB = 0,0,0) of 100x100 pixels, save as JPG then right click and set as desktop Background.
    Or use the below, just click and drag to desktop.

plain black desktop solid colour wallpaper [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jun 2, 2015
  8. plain black desktop solid colour wallpaper

Mystere is right - but if you already changed the color trying to get back to black ....

Extract the two shortcuts for Control Panel color cmdlets and it's fairly easy to adjust color.
    In the Desktop background cmdlet, select solid color from the drop down list.

cplColor.zip

Slartybart, Jun 2, 2015
  9. STEVAE Win User
    there is a much easier way. go to google, do a search for the darkest black background. then click pics. save image as, and then right click on desktop, personalize, change background to picture. choose the downloaded pic that is pure black. done. hope this helps.

STEVAE, Jun 9, 2015
  10. That works too *Wink

The Windows backgrounds are stored as jpeg files in
    C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\
    Flowers
    Windows
    Windows Technical Preview

Most have dimensions of 1920 x 1200

Borrowing on your brilliant suggestion Stevae, a user could modify one of those images,
    painting the entire image with the color Black (RGB(0,0,0) or #000000 or 0x000000)
    - then save it with a new name.

Slartybart, Jun 9, 2015
  11. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Thanks. . .tested out great. . .*Thumbs

Thema:

1. plain black desktop solid colour wallpaper - Similar Threads - plain black desktop

2. Desktop wallpaper instantly changes itself to the Black solid color after trying to change...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop wallpaper instantly changes itself to the Black solid color after trying to change...: As soon I try to change my wallpaper to anything else then Solid Color it just instantly changes back to Solid Color.I already tried few solutions like deleting the TeanscodedWallpaper file, uncheck 'Remove background images where available' option in Ease of Access Centre....
  3. Desktop wallpaper instantly changes itself to the Black solid color after trying to change...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop wallpaper instantly changes itself to the Black solid color after trying to change...: As soon I try to change my wallpaper to anything else then Solid Color it just instantly changes back to Solid Color.I already tried few solutions like deleting the TeanscodedWallpaper file, uncheck 'Remove background images where available' option in Ease of Access Centre....
  4. No desktop on start up, just plain black screen with cursor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No desktop on start up, just plain black screen with cursor.: Hello, I've been getting this problem every time i open my laptop. When im done inputting the password, it'll proceed into a blackscreen and stays there for almost or more than a minute before my desktop runs....
  5. Need icons on desktop in Black colour font.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need icons on desktop in Black colour font.: Hi there, can you please advise how can I change the font colour from White to Black for the icons on my desktop?? currently they are White with a background shading of black. I dont need the shading just want the icons in black font. We have Windows 10 and Office 365 in our...
  6. Desktop wallpaper changes itself to the Black solid color. [Windows 10]

Desktop wallpaper changes itself to the Black solid color. [Windows 10]: Sorry for my english Hello! Recently I noticed that my desktop wallpaper changes itself to black marked as Windows 10 solid color Black wallpaper. First I thought it was a problem with my last wallpaper, which I had for months, so I changed it. After a few hours using my...
  7. Group Policy Desktop Wallpaper Black

Group Policy Desktop Wallpaper Black: I have a strange problem where every so often one of my users who has our corporate desktop wallpaper deployed via Group Policy will log on and find that it is now just a black wallpaper. It seems to happen at random but once it has happened the wallpaper does not come back....
  8. My lockscreen and wallpaper reverts back to default or black solid fill

My lockscreen and wallpaper reverts back to default or black solid fill: My lock screen changes to default by itself after I restart my laptop. A similar thing has started happening now with wallpaper also. Even after setting wallpaper to an image, it reverts back to black solid fill by itself. I cannot figure out what is the problem. Kindly help...
  9. Solid Colour Freeze when playing CSGO.

in Windows 10 Support
    Solid Colour Freeze when playing CSGO.: This is my first custom built pc, everything was working fine. Web browsing, watching videos. I jumped onto csgo and played a few warm up 1v1s against my friend. But them when we started playing after a couple rounds the screen just went Solid grey. No sound or feedback. Then...
  10. Windows 10 will keep solid color desktop but not wallpaper

Windows 10 will keep solid color desktop but not wallpaper: I'm new to this forum so hopefully I'm doing this correctly. Whenever I choose and save the desktop wallpaper and restart my computer the desktop reverts to a solid color. If I choose only a different solid color desktop the setting are kept after I restart. I have tried...