Windows 10: Platform Role Mobile - Power Issue?

Discus and support Platform Role Mobile - Power Issue? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am having performance issues in all games that can be described as jittery choppiness in mouse movements and action delays in keyboard inputs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mcsandy, Nov 8, 2016.

1. mcsandy Win User

Platform Role Mobile - Power Issue?

Hi,

I am having performance issues in all games that can be described as jittery choppiness in mouse movements and action delays in keyboard inputs.

I am fairly certain it is power related in some way.

My question is this - under system information my device is listed to windows as a mobile phone.

I have spoken to about 5 other people and this setting on all their computers show as "Desktop"

Am I crazy or could this be connected to my issue?

Sidenote - this is a list of things I have tried)

-On a fresh install not virus or maleware
    -Updated Bios
    -Updated all drivers/ firmware
    -CPU is not over heating around 20 deg idle never goes over 55 on load
    - Tried diff Ram
    - Tried diff Hard drive
    -Tried Diff GPU
    -Tried Diff psu
    - Not keyboard or mouse related tried diff devices
    - Not sound related tried diff sound cards
    -ISP is fiber gigabit not network related 0 jitter on the line

Thanks for reading if you made it this far lol...

Platform Role Mobile - Power Issue? [​IMG]

:)

mcsandy, Nov 8, 2016
  2. 93tid Win User

Windows 10 - OTG support for lumia 730

USB OTG support requires hardware which your phone does not have, so no future software update will make it possible.

This feature will only be available on new Windows 10 devices that support USB Dual Role. This is because of the hardware changes required for the USB port to support device enumeration. While there are devices in the market today that have
    USB Dual Role capable controllers, the platforms were not designed to support USB Dual Role. New hardware may advertise that they are Dual Role capable.

Read more
    HERE

93tid, Nov 8, 2016
  3. OTG support for Lumia 730

In Windows 10, Microsoft is introducing support for USB Dual Role. USB Dual Role refers to the ability of a system to behave as a USB Device or a USB Host. This is a really exciting feature as it adds the ability to use your USB devices with your Mobile
    phone for the first time ever in Windows!

Please note, this feature will only be available on new Windows 10 devices that support USB Dual Role. This is because of the hardware changes required for the USB port to support device enumeration. While there are devices in the market today that have
    USB Dual Role capable controllers, the platforms were not designed to support USB Dual Role. New hardware may advertise that they are Dual Role capable.

It is both a Software & Hardware PRE-REQUISITE of the phone.

if you DON'T have the Hardware, no Software or upgrade will RETRO FIT it

So only the Lumia 950 and 950XL have USB OTG

Philip Anderson's Mother's Son, Nov 8, 2016
Thema:

Platform Role Mobile - Power Issue?

1. Platform Role Mobile - Power Issue? - Similar Threads - Platform Role Mobile

2. WIndows 10 Platform Role and displayed in System Information

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows 10 Platform Role and displayed in System Information: I have a customer who has asked the following question. Their PC is running Windows 10 LTSB enterprise, its running on an intel Atom CPU D2550 : 1.86Ghz In system information the platform role is stated as Mobile. This is not a laptop or a mobile product, so they...
  3. microsoft universal mobile keyboard power issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microsoft universal mobile keyboard power issue: I just bought this universal mobile keyboard by microsoft, but it will not work if not plugged in. I charged it several time with different charger yet it wont work without powering it with cable. please how do I resolve this...
  4. Change Administrator role to Standard User role

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Administrator role to Standard User role: I would like to change the original user that the computer was setup with from an administrator to a standard user. I have added another user that has administrator rights. Please advise how I can do this. Thank you in advance, Bob...
  5. New Qualcomm 215 Mobile Platform

in Windows 10 News
    New Qualcomm 215 Mobile Platform: Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM), announced the newest addition to its 2-series, the Qualcomm® 215 Mobile Platform. This platform aims to bring leading mobile experiences to entry-level smartphone buyers who need reliable,...
  6. Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 Mobile Compute Platform Powers HoloLens 2

in Windows 10 News
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 Mobile Compute Platform Powers HoloLens 2: Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM), today announced that its Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 850 Mobile Compute Platform will power Microsoft HoloLens 2, allowing enterprise customers to experience richer immersion in a sleek and...
  7. Qualcomm announces Snapdragon 712 Mobile Platform

in Windows 10 News
    Qualcomm announces Snapdragon 712 Mobile Platform: [ATTACH] The Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 Mobile Platform packs all the AI smarts and premium features of its predecessor, the Snapdragon 710 Mobile Platform, and adds performance boosts that make it a powerhouse for gaming and beyond. Our Snapdragon 7 Series is all about...
  8. Not administrator anymore / User Account Roles issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not administrator anymore / User Account Roles issue: It seems my only user on this PC isn't a administrator even though the role in Control Panel\User Accounts\User Accounts clearly says ; <Acount Name> <Email> Administrator Password protected When running gpedit.msc it says "Windows cannot find 'gpedit.msc'. and running...
  9. Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 710 Mobile Platform

in Windows 10 News
    Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 710 Mobile Platform: Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ:QCOM), has introduced the new Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 710 Mobile Platform, built on 10nm process technology. The Snapdragon 710 is designed with highly efficient architectures for artificial...
  10. Unable to Install Hyper-V Platform Role

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Unable to Install Hyper-V Platform Role: Hi, I am trying to install the Hyper-V role through the Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn a Windows Feature On or Off. When I check the box for Hyper-V, it searches for the files, acquires them, and applies the changes. It then says "Windows completed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. platform role mobile

2. change windows platform role

3. platform role windows

4. why is my platform role mobilphone in msinfo32,
  5. plattform role mobile?,
  6. platform role mobile windows 10,
  7. why is laptop showing mobile platform role,
  8. platform role windows10,
  9. platform role mobile windows,
  10. windows platform role mobile