Windows 10: Play a Sound for Windows 10 Mail Notification

Discus and support Play a Sound for Windows 10 Mail Notification in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have the 'Play a sound' checked in the mail app but have yet to here a sound when mail arrives. What sound does it play??? Can one set the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JamesJoey, Feb 4, 2018.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Play a Sound for Windows 10 Mail Notification

I have the 'Play a sound' checked in the mail app but have yet to here a sound when mail arrives.

What sound does it play???

Can one set the sound (.wav) in the program event sounds??

James

:)

JamesJoey, Feb 4, 2018
  2. Zxxl Win User

Win 10 Mail App No Sounds

Just set up my Outlook accounts in the Windows 10 mail app and selected "play a sound" and "show a banner". App receives and sends mail OK but does not play a sound when new mail arrives. I have both desktop mail and new mail notifications set to play
    sound in Windows 10 sound files. Any idea why I'm not hearing a new mail sound?

Zxxl, Feb 4, 2018
  3. Mike_1369 Win User
    Change a notification sound for a specific app in Windows 10 PC Version

Is there an option to change the notification sound for a specific notification sender in Windows 10 PC Version?

For example, I would like the Calendar program play a custom, "Appointment due", but for Mail, "You have mail", Security and Maintenance play an "Alert" sound, etc. similar to how it can be done in Win 10 Mobile.

Mike_1369, Feb 4, 2018
  4. Edwin New Member

It should play the default 'Mail Notification' sound; you can set your desired sound by clicking on Browse 3.

I had to jump through a few hoops to make sure it worked properly:

Set 'Play a sound' in Mail Settings:

Play a Sound for Windows 10 Mail Notification [​IMG]

Set Notifications on in Settings App:

and set sound in the 'Sounds' Panel...
    make sure you set the sound for 'New Mail Notification' not 'Desktop Mail Notification', (or, do both)
    and make sure the Test button is not grayed out/Apply and OK...

Edwin, Feb 4, 2018
  5. JamesJoey Win User
    I'm using another email client now, but I'll keep these steps in mind.

Thanks,
    James

JamesJoey, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Play a Sound for Windows 10 Mail Notification - Similar Threads - Play Sound Mail

2. windows 10 & notification sounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 & notification sounds: New Windows 10 desktop intermittently makes notification sounds. Can not figure out which program or app is making the sounds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-notification-sounds/3bc03371-9a5f-4636-abf6-94867a8761db
  3. Notification sounds while playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification sounds while playing game: While i am playing pubg and i am using my WASD keys to move around and such it is selecting different app shortcuts on my home screen freezing my game for a second and making a ding noise and is rather annoying sticky keys is not on and i have no idea how to fix it...
  4. Windows 10 Notification Sound

Windows 10 Notification Sound: For some reason, my notification sound keeps playing. I turned off the notifications for Discord (the app I'm getting notifications for), turned off notifications on my computer, and set all of my notification sounds to "none," and yet I'm still having this problem. I've...
  5. No notification Sound or Pop up for new mail in MAIL APP in Windows 10

No notification Sound or Pop up for new mail in MAIL APP in Windows 10: NO Notification getting for new Email in MAIL APP. Tried all the settings in Notification, personal. Searched net for any notification settings I have missed but to no help. Is anybody else facing the same problem and found any solution OR should I switch to Outlook or...
  6. No Notification Sound in windows 10

No Notification Sound in windows 10: no notification sound at all, Device Connect, Device Disconnect, Mail, any warning from windows, that happens suddenly and my windows is Original and up to date, my Lap model is : Lenovo Y50-70 i tried to remove the driver and reinstall it many times but the problem still...
  7. No mail notification sound

in Browsers and Email
    No mail notification sound: can't get mail notification sound for Outlook 2013. settings-apps and system sounds properly configured 18042
  8. Still no Mail app Notification Sound or Banner

in Browsers and Email
    Still no Mail app Notification Sound or Banner: I did a clean install of Windows 10 yesterday and used a local account instead of an MS one. No Mail notifications what so ever. All settings are correct. 22404
  9. Mail sounds required, but not notification banners

in Browsers and Email
    Mail sounds required, but not notification banners: Jus' downloaded and installed windows 10 yesterday. How the heck do I get a sound notification for email in the mail app on Windows 10 without getting these popups at the bottom right?? To clarify, I need to know when emails arrive, but I cannot have banners randomly...
  10. Mail notification sound doesn't play

in Browsers and Email
    Mail notification sound doesn't play: I'm running Wn10 and I would like to change some sounds. I'm running a background theme. I have downloaded a Wav file (thefreesite.com), added this file in a sound scheme (mail notification), tested it, saved it as modified scheme, but the sound doesn't play at all (when mail...