Windows 10: Turn On or Off Clear Tile Notifications during Log on in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Clear Tile Notifications during Log on in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Clear Tile Notifications during Log on in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Clear Tile Notifications during Log on in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Clear Tile Notifications during Log on in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Clear Tile Notifications during Log on in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Clear Tile Notifications during Log on in Windows 10

A tile is an apps representation on the Start menu in Windows 10, and can be either static or live.

A static tile displays the default content, which is generally just a full-tile logo image for the app.

Live tiles can show updates from your friends, new email, app notifications, and the next appointment on your calendar at a glance, even without opening an app. And because everyone who uses the PC can sign in with their own Microsoft account, each person can personalize their own tiles, colors, and backgrounds.

If you turn on clear tile notifications during log on, the system deletes tile notifications when the user logs on. As a result, the Tiles in the start view will always show their default content when the user logs on. In addition, any cached versions of these notifications will be cleared when the user logs on.

If you turn off clear tile notifications during log on, the system retains notifications, and when a user logs on, the tiles appear just as they did when the user logged off, including the history of previous notifications for each tile.

This does not prevent new notifications from appearing.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to clear tile notifications on Start of a user when the user signs in to Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to turn on or off to clear tile notifications during log on for users.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Clear Tile Notifications during Log on using Group Policy
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Clear Tile Notifications during Log on using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Live Tile Notifications on Start

Turn On or Off Clear Tile Notifications during Log on in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Clear Tile Notifications during Log on using Group Policy

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two below.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Start Menu and Taskbar

3. In the right pane of Start Menu and Taskbar in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Clear tile notifications during log on policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (on) or step 6 (off) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Turn On Clear Tile Notifications during Log on
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

6. To Turn Off Clear Tile Notifications during Log on
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured[/B] is the default setting.

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Clear Tile Notifications during Log on using a REG file

*note The .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD values in the registry keys below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer

ClearTilesOnExit DWORD

(delete) = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Clear Tile Notifications during Log on
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_On_Clear_Tile_Notifications_during_log_on.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Clear Tile Notifications during Log on
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_Off_Clear_Tile_Notifications_during_log_on.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 3, 2017

2. Facebook Notifications and Live Tile Not Working

Hi Terry,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "Notifications and the Facebook Live Tile stopped", are you using Facebook app from Windows Store?
    • Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?

If you are using Facebook app from Windows Store, then I suggest you to follow the methods below to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter to check for any changes in app settings on the computer
    and turn on app notification.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: I recommend you to follow the steps below to turn on app notification and check if it helps.

Select Settings > System > Notifications & actions >
    Turn on Show app notifications.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with issue with getting Facebook notifications, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 26, 2019
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Bastet Win User

Bastet, Oct 26, 2019
  5. lschaumer Win User
    New Items Notification won't clear or reset count on Me Tile

For a while now I have been getting an increased number of notifications on my Me Live Tile on my Nokia 920 that does not clear after checking them. Before I would go to the notification window, checked all the highlighted
    new notifications in red, gestured upwards and they were cleared, now this only changes the colour of the notifications but it continues to show on the life tile and the number keeps growing, I now show about 32 new notifications but there aren't any new ones!
    Any ideas as to what I can do clear them?

So far I have tried; Soft reset

Swiping the whole panorama in ME tile - so what's new etc. etc, keep swiping left, left, left or right, right, right.

Manually sync Facebook from settings - emails + accounts

It clears it for a while and then its back to the same thing! any suggestions as to what else I should do?

lschaumer, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Notification Tile

I think I already know the answer as this is something that bugs me on Windows 8 desktop too, but is there a way to get a live tile that acts like the XBOX One's Notifications app? Ie, an app that acts as a global history for all the notifications apps have
    displayed.

I'm picturing it as something like a live tile that shows a montage of the icons for the four/nine/fifteen most recent apps to push notifications and the overall number of unread notifications. You go into the app and it lets you scroll through the notifications
    log. Tap those log entry tiles to mark them as Read and bring up the contents of the alert itself as well a a context menu with three options: Mark Unread, Activate and Dismiss. Mark Unread is self explanatory, Activate acts like you hit it while it was displayed
    and Dismiss removes it from the list. It would also preferably have an option to filter notifications into sub-folders or block an app from appearing on the notifications list.

Notifications on Windows 8, and it would appear Windows Phone 8, are useless unless you're sitting there staring at the screen. It seems really strange that I can't even get things like the eBay app notifications to appear on the lock screen, so I'm hoping
    that there's just some existing functionality in there that I've completely overlooked.

If there isn't an official app/OS feature for this, is it possible for a third party app to log notifications so I can make it myself?

TenaciousDogMan, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Clear Tile Notifications during Log on in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Clear

2. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off notification?: How to turn off Virus and threat protection notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-notification/e41c46a2-dd78-4e3e-9311-9c73534173f0
  3. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off notification?: How to turn off Virus and threat protection notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-notification/e41c46a2-dd78-4e3e-9311-9c73534173f0
  4. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to turn on/off notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to turn on/off notifications in Windows 10: I'm trying to turn on notifications for Nearby Sharing, but "Get Notifications from this apps" shows an almost empty list Windows 10 2004 Admin account Focus Assist: Off https://i.imgur.com/0XJMrBH.png Any help much welcome 171341
  6. Turn off tiles in Start Menu

Turn off tiles in Start Menu: I saw how to disable the apps in the Start Menu. Can the tiles be disabled? I have never used them and never will. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-tiles-in-start-menu/deb68d78-20e3-4c60-a11f-33eb505ec97c
  7. Turn off notifications

Turn off notifications: How do I switch off the notifications in windows 10 on a laptop that pop up in the bottom right corner, it's like Gmail, YouTube alerts etc 112955
  8. Turn On or Off Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10 A Tile is an image that represents a pinned app on Start. Live tiles on Start display information that are useful at a glance without opening an...
  9. Turn off certain windows 10 notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off certain windows 10 notifications: So when I turn on my computer I get the following notifications: 1) update adobe (no, dont want to) 2) activate OneDrive 3) update Kaspersky anti virus 4) turn on windows firewall 5) tips on saving battery power these are annoying. Is there a way to turn off certain...
  10. Tiles - Clear Information from in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Tiles - Clear Information from in Windows 10: How to: Tiles - Clear Information from in Windows 10 How to Clear Information from your Live Tiles in Windows 10 [img] Information A tile is a modern app’s representation on the Start menu in Windows 10, and can be either static or live. A static tile displays the...