Windows 10: "play" Gifs and Webms in Files Explorer

Discus and support "play" Gifs and Webms in Files Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Back then and when, in WinXp, i could playback animated gifs and videos on the file explorer as a preview. In windows 7 the feature was missing but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by poofer, Feb 24, 2016.

1. poofer Win User

"play" Gifs and Webms in Files Explorer

Back then and when, in WinXp, i could playback animated gifs and videos on the file explorer as a preview. In windows 7 the feature was missing but there were 3rd party apps that could at least bring the gif aspect back.

I haven't found a suitable solution to this on win 10. I already have thumbnails with Icaros, but I want to be able to see the animations/playback in the preview panel.

Is there a way?

:)

poofer, Feb 24, 2016

2. Microsoft Edge always says "This type of video file isn't supported" when opening .webm files from Autodesk Inventor

If it is a "video file" it's possible a browser would not be the best choice of app anyway. Try the Store?...

Apparently there is an IE Add-on you could try too

WebM Files -   How to Play WebM Files

(BING search for

webm file format

)

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Feb 24, 2016
  3. Microsoft Edge always says "This type of video file isn't supported" when opening .webm files from Autodesk Inventor

If it is a "video file" it's possible a browser would not be the best choice of app anyway. Try the Store?...

Apparently there is an IE Add-on you could try too

WebM Files -   How to Play WebM Files

(BING search for

webm file format

)

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Feb 24, 2016
Thema:

"play" Gifs and Webms in Files Explorer

1. "play" Gifs and Webms in Files Explorer - Similar Threads - play Gifs Webms

2. how to open .gif files in photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to open .gif files in photos: Unable to open .gif files which keep showing up in my Photos program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-gif-files-in-photos/f1d4a2e0-3e30-4e81-868d-2a1039951cd9
  3. GIFs saving as .txt files on browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GIFs saving as .txt files on browsers: Hi. I'm going out of my mind. I've run scans as an administrator through command prompts, shut off my extensions, browsed for malware, viruses, etc., and I'm at a loss. Whenever I right-click on a GIF to save it and choose Save As Image, it comes up as a .txt file opening...
  4. GIFs saving as .txt files on browsers

in Windows 10 Customization
    GIFs saving as .txt files on browsers: Hi. I'm going out of my mind. I've run scans as an administrator through command prompts, shut off my extensions, browsed for malware, viruses, etc., and I'm at a loss. Whenever I right-click on a GIF to save it and choose Save As Image, it comes up as a .txt file opening...
  5. How to play WebM files on a Windows PC without third party software

in Windows 10 News
    How to play WebM files on a Windows PC without third party software: [IMG]WebM is a royalty-free media file format designed for the web. Today, most web browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, etc., support WebM media files. This means you can play WebM media files in your web browser without installing any plugin...
  6. How do I get gifs to save as a gif file and not an mp4?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get gifs to save as a gif file and not an mp4?: Whenever I go to save a gif the only choice in have is to save it as a .mp4 file submitted by /u/Beans-McCheese [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iel2xc/how_do_i_get_gifs_to_save_as_a_gif_file_and_not/
  7. Videos and GIFs play in B&W

Videos and GIFs play in B&W: I have a problem with my software. When I'm on my applications i.e. Twitter, Discord, Skype, Photos, etc., all my videos and GIFs I send or see play in color and within a millisecond will turn black and white. I went onto my Internet Explorer app and Youtube works just fine...
  8. Windows10 suggestions for opening .gif files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 suggestions for opening .gif files: [ATTACH] What is Update and IE ActiveX interface marshaling libary doing there? submitted by /u/Squid2g [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hvwnkp/windows10_suggestions_for_opening_gif_files/
  9. Viewing .GIF Files

Viewing .GIF Files: Only find inadequate programs available in Microsoft Store to view .GIF files. Simply hard to believe it is so difficult to find a good working and available program. I cannot even get a downloaded program to upgrade. I'd be happy to pay a reasonable fee for something that...
  10. Webm file to mp4 converter

Webm file to mp4 converter: When i download videos from Youtube most them are downloaded as Webm / HTML file which my default media player don't play. I have tried various online converters but some don't convert Webm file correctly...some of Mozilla Firefox add-ons don't convert them properly...