Windows 10: Play Sound at Logoff (Sign-out) in Windows 10

Discus and support Play Sound at Logoff (Sign-out) in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Play Sound at Logoff (Sign-out) in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting in Windows 8, the Windows Logoff sound event has been disabled.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Play Sound at Logoff (Sign-out) in Windows 10

How to: Play Sound at Logoff (Sign-out) in Windows 10

Play Sound at Logoff (Sign-out) in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Starting in Windows 8, the Windows Logoff sound event has been disabled. This leaves you unable to change or play the Windows Logoff sound at sign-out in Windows 10.

As a workaround, you can still create an elevated task to play a sound at sign-out (logoff) to Windows 10.

This tutorial will show you how to play a sound at logoff (sign-out) for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator with a password to create an elevated task.

Note Depending on how fast your system logs out the user, the logoff sound may get cut off while played at sign out.

If this happens, then you may need to test different logoff sounds for one that sounds best for you.

Here's How:

1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type taskschd.msc into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Task Scheduler.

2. Click/tap on Task Scheduler Library in the left pane of Task Scheduler, and click/tap on Create Task in the right Actions pane. (see screenshot below)

3. In the General tab, type a name (ex: "Play logoff sound") you want for this task. (see screenshot below)

4. In the General tab, select (dot) Run whether user is logged on or not. (see screenshot below)

5. In the General tab, check the Run with highest privileges box. (see screenshot below)

6. In the General tab, select Windows 10 in the Configure for drop down. (see screenshot below)

7. Click/tap on the Triggers tab, and click/tap on the New button. (see screenshot below)

8. Perform the actions below: (see screenshot below)
    A) Select On an event in the Begin the task drop down.

B) Select Security in the Log drop down.

C) Type 4647 (user initiated logoff) in the Event ID drop down, and click/tap on OK.

9. Click/tap on the Actions tab, and click/tap on the New button. (see screenshot below)

10. Perform the actions below: (see screenshot below)
    A) Select Start a program in the Action drop down.

B) Type PowerShell in the Program/script field box.

C) Enter the command below into the Add arguments field box, and click/tap on OK.

*Arrow -c (New-Object Media.SoundPlayer 'C:\Windows\Media\Windows Logoff Sound.wav').PlaySync();

Note If you wanted to play a sound (.wav file) of your choice instead, you can substitute C:\Windows\Media\Windows Logoff Sound.wav in the command above with the full path of the .wav file you want to be played.

11. Click/tap on the Conditions tab, uncheck the Start the task only if the computer is on AC power box, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

12. Enter your account's password, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

13. This task (ex: "Play logoff sound") is now finished, and will now play a sound at sign-out for all users on your PC. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 30, 2018
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Sqrly Win User
    Logon and Logoff sounds not working.

I've already done the registry changes to make these events show in the sounds / sounds window.

Source: How to Change the Windows 10 Logoff, Logon, and Shutdown Sounds in Windows 10

I've assigned the custom sounds to them I've been using in W7 for years and the sounds play when it click the "test" button but, the sounds do not play when I actually logoff or logon *Sad Help!

PS I also use a sound from my Bloodrayne set for "Empty Recycle Bin" and it works fine.

Sqrly, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Play Sound at Logoff (Sign-out) in Windows 10

windows 10 start and exit sounds

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the windows start up sound.

• Type sounds
      in the control panel.

• Click on sounds.

• Under program events ,under
      windows just click windows logon.

• Enable play start up sounds.

• From speech
      select the sound for windows logon.

• Click on apply.

• Click ok.
    Method 2

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the windows log off sound.

• Type sounds in the
      control panel.

• Click on sounds.

• Under program events ,under
      windows just click windows logoff.

• From speech select the sound for
      windows logoff.

• Click on apply.

• Click ok.
    If windows logon and logoff options are not available,then in that case you just need to

• Enable play start up sounds.to get the windows start up sound .And by default there will be single sound available for windows logon sound.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Rivergoat Win User
    Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

I'm running Threshold 2 of Win10. It seems the Startup Sound is working again. Previously, even checked it would only play intermittently on a warm boot, not a cold one. Now it seems to work all the time. There is a 3rd party app that lets you change the Startup Sound to whatever you want, without you having to go through the hack steps.

The Exit Windows sound is another matter. Even enabled via the Registry and reappearing in the Sound list, selecting a sound for that does not make it play at shutdown.

Rivergoat, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Windows logoff sound

my Windows logoff sound is longer than 10 seconds so I keep getting the notice that the logoff sounds is preventing my computer from shutting down. All the solutions I've found so far simply state 'pick a different logoff sound that is less than 10 seconds
    or simply don't have a logoff sound. Those answers are not acceptable. I want to keep my current logoff sound but keep Windows from displaying that annoying message. How do I do that?

maldrulsmith, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Play Sound at Logoff (Sign-out) in Windows 10

1. Play Sound at Logoff (Sign-out) in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Play Sound Logoff

2. Windows 11 Logon and The Logoff sounds aren't playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Logon and The Logoff sounds aren't playing: I Just Tried Using A windows 8 sound pack on my Windows 11q laptop. And surprise surprise, !. ! ! It ofcourse didn't work! ! Please help me. ! ! ! 1 ! !.. ! !...
  3. Windows 11 Logon and The Logoff sounds aren't playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Logon and The Logoff sounds aren't playing: I Just Tried Using A windows 8 sound pack on my Windows 11q laptop. And surprise surprise, !. ! ! It ofcourse didn't work! ! Please help me. ! ! ! 1 ! !.. ! !...
  4. No logon or logoff sounds anymore?

in Windows 10 Customization
    No logon or logoff sounds anymore?: Hi all, I was recently playing with my sound theme and noticed some things missing. Has Microsoft done away with sounds for these operations, or are they labeled as something else in Windows 10? The operations in question are Windows Logon, Windows Logoff, and Windows...
  5. regedit inserted logon, logoff, and shutdown sounds not playing.

in Windows 10 Support
    regedit inserted logon, logoff, and shutdown sounds not playing.: On my Windows 10 Home 1909 version, I am trying to skin my installation to look and almost act like Windows XP. It is almost done, as Winaero Tweaker has helped disable Aero Snap likewise. [img] The only problem I have is the regedit keys I have edited so that I am able to...
  6. Windows Logon & logoff sound is not working

Windows Logon & logoff sound is not working: I change the sound but when I turn on the device it only plays the default windows sound. Can anyone help me to fix this? Thank you.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-logon-logoff-sound-is-not-working/012e4ff5-c912-490b-962f-078159a528dd
  7. custom logon/logoff sounds does not play

custom logon/logoff sounds does not play: As the attached picture shows that I have designated custom sounds for such purpose but it will not play as intended. These sounds are in .WAV format which is acceptable by format. Windows build version is 1903 (OS Build 1836.175), I have not updated windows as it would...
  8. Read Logoff and Sign Out Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read Logoff and Sign Out Logs in Event Viewer in Windows: How to: Read Logoff and Sign Out Logs in Event Viewer in Windows How to Read Logoff and Sign Out Logs in Event Viewer in Windows When a user log in (sign in) without needing to restart the PC. You can use user initiated logoff (sign out). This tutorial will show...
  9. Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

in Windows 10 Support
    Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing: Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing in Windows 10. What should I do? 11355
  10. Play Sound at Logon (Sign-in) in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Play Sound at Logon (Sign-in) in Windows 10: How to: Play Sound at Logon (Sign-in) in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting in Windows 8, the Windows Logon sound event has been disabled. This leaves you unable to change or play the Windows Logon sound at sign-in in Windows 10. As a workaround, you can still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot