Windows 10: Play Sound at Shutdown in Windows 10

Discus and support Play Sound at Shutdown in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Hello Robert, *Smile I find that using a short playing sound works best because of this issue of it shutting down sometimes before the sound has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Comp Cmndo, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Play Sound at Shutdown in Windows 10

I'm using the XP version of tada.wav, or one of the varying "Shutdown" voice clips from Distance's announcer, which are all no more than a second at most. Would a full shutdown by holding shift be a way to do that maybe?

MrMii Win 10, Apr 26, 2018
Thema:

Play Sound at Shutdown in Windows 10

1. Play Sound at Shutdown in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Play Sound Shutdown

2. startup and shutdown .wav sounds in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    startup and shutdown .wav sounds in Windows 10?: Despite finding the questions asked over and over and from every angle, I have yet to find an answer to the question of why we no longer have startup and shutdown sounds available in windows 10....
  3. Can't get Windows 10 to play shutdown sound

Can't get Windows 10 to play shutdown sound: Can't get Windows 10 Home to play shutdown sound. I have tried in regedit , but still it does not work. How can I get Windows 10 Home to play shutdown sound? sorry for my bad english. 90658
  4. No Startup or Shutdown Sound

No Startup or Shutdown Sound: Yes, I have the box checked to play sounds on startup under the sound tab in Control Panel. Does anyone have any ideas for me? When I test other sounds on the sound tab they play fine. I have noticed that Dolby Home Theater v4 did not migrate with the upgrade from Win 7....
  5. shutdown sound problem

shutdown sound problem: I have adjusted registry to allow access to system exit sound, which, by default in win10, is not visible. Having made it visible, even when I change to my preferred wav file, apply it, and play it for confirmation, when I shutdown, I hear only the ms default ding. I am able,...
  6. Play a Sound for Windows 10 Mail Notification

in Browsers and Email
    Play a Sound for Windows 10 Mail Notification: I have the 'Play a sound' checked in the mail app but have yet to here a sound when mail arrives. What sound does it play??? Can one set the sound (.wav) in the program event sounds?? James 103726
  7. Weird sound problem in Windows 10 System sounds not playing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird sound problem in Windows 10 System sounds not playing: I have a strange problem in W10 .. Fall Creators Update... but it is NOT no sound... just many system sounds do not play and will not play out of the Control Panel sound app sound test. The .wav files all play if I go to /Windows/media and select them, but will not from the...
  8. Windows 10 not playing 5.1 sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not playing 5.1 sound: Windows 10 not playing 5.1 sound only 2.1 orange and black port on my sound card not working just the green one 15153
  9. Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

in Windows 10 Support
    Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing: Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing in Windows 10. What should I do? 11355
  10. Shutdown sound notification

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown sound notification: A truncated system notification sound will be heard if the start menu POWER=Shutdown or the Start Menu right click "shut down or sign out"=shutdown is used. Testing the default control panel sounds has the system notification be the closest to the brief musical sound I hear....