Windows 10: Play Sound when Lock Computer in Windows

Discus and support Play Sound when Lock Computer in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Play Sound when Lock Computer in Windows [img] Information Locking your PC protects it from unauthorized use when you need to step away... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Play Sound when Lock Computer in Windows

How to: Play Sound when Lock Computer in Windows

Play Sound when Lock Computer in Windows [​IMG]
    Information Locking your PC protects it from unauthorized use when you need to step away from the PC, and don't want to shut down.

When you unlock and sign in when ready to continue where you left off. Other users can still sign in to their accounts from the sign-in screen.

If you like, you can still create an elevated task to play a sound when users lock the computer.

This tutorial will show you how to play a sound when users lock the computer in Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator with a password to create an elevated task.

Here's How:

1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type taskschd.msc into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Task Scheduler.

2. Click/tap on Task Scheduler Library in the left pane of Task Scheduler, and click/tap on Create Task in the right Actions pane. (see screenshot below)

3. In the General tab, type a name (ex: "Play lock sound") you want for this task. (see screenshot below)

4. In the General tab, select (dot) Run whether user is logged on or not. (see screenshot below)

5. In the General tab, check the Run with highest privileges box. (see screenshot below)

6. In the General tab, select your OS (ex: "Windows 10") in the Configure for drop down. (see screenshot below)

7. Click/tap on the Triggers tab, and click/tap on the New button. (see screenshot below)

8. Select On workstation lock in the Begin the task drop down, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

9. Click/tap on the Actions tab, and click/tap on the New button. (see screenshot below)

10. Perform the actions below: (see screenshot below)
    A) Select Start a program in the Action drop down.

B) Type PowerShell in the Program/script field box.

C) Enter the command below into the Add arguments field box, and click/tap on OK.

*Arrow -c (New-Object Media.SoundPlayer 'C:\Windows\Media\Windows Unlock.wav').PlaySync();

Note If you wanted to play a sound (.wav file) of your choice instead, you can substitute C:\Windows\Media\Windows Unlock.wav in the command above with the full path of the .wav file you want to be played.

The Windows Unlock.wav file is not available in Windows 7, but you can download it below if you like.

Download

11. Click/tap on the Conditions tab, uncheck the Start the task only if the computer is on AC power box, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

12. Enter your account's password, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

13. This task (ex: "Play lock sound") is now finished, and will now play a sound when users lock the computer. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 1, 2018

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows10 will not play sound

Hello Bryan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to use the methods below to solve the issue:

Method 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel

• Run the playing Audio
      troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, follow the below method.

Method 2: Try updating audio drivers and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Sound drivers.

• Right-click on the Sound card and click on
      Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Play Sound when Lock Computer in Windows

Unable to play sound in Windows 10

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Let’s try below steps and check if it helps:

• Press (Windows + X) and select
      control panel

• Click on the Sound icon.

• Under play back devices, right click on an empty area and place a check mark on “Show Disabled Devices” and “Show disconnected Devices.

• You will now see the disabled audio devices with the arrow pointing down on them.

• Right click on each listed disabled audio device that you want to enable, click on
      Enable and set it as default.

• Click OK to close the Sound window.

• Restart the computer and check the result.
    If the issue persists you can try the below steps and check if it helps:

Check if any of the sound items in the device manager is disabled. If yes, then enable it. To do this, try these steps.

• Go to Device manager.

• Expand Sound, video and game controllers’ item.

• Right click the sub sound items and click
      enable.

• Restart the computer and check the result.
    I suggest you to run the hardware and sound troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

• Type “Troubleshoot” without quotes in search and click on
      Troubleshooting in the results displayed on the left side of the screen.

• In the new window, click
      Hardware and Sound

• In the list of options, click on
      Hardware and Devices.

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope it helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 26, 2019
  5. No sound on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Jenica,

To fix the issue, we suggest that you run the Troubleshooting Wizard to troubleshoot hardware and devices. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button, and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Playing Audio.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Play Sound when Lock Computer in Windows

1. Play Sound when Lock Computer in Windows - Similar Threads - Play Sound Lock

2. Is there a setting to tell Windows to not play any sounds/alerts with the computer locked?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is there a setting to tell Windows to not play any sounds/alerts with the computer locked?: Is there a setting to tell Windows to not annoy me with ANY sounds AT ALL when the computer is locked?The other day a guy in India woke me up with his typing me a message in Teams. That made me very upset!I know Microsoft often doesn't do things well Hello Windows Media...
  3. Is there a setting to tell Windows to not play any sounds/alerts with the computer locked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a setting to tell Windows to not play any sounds/alerts with the computer locked?: Is there a setting to tell Windows to not annoy me with ANY sounds AT ALL when the computer is locked?The other day a guy in India woke me up with his typing me a message in Teams. That made me very upset!I know Microsoft often doesn't do things well Hello Windows Media...
  4. Is there a setting to tell Windows to not play any sounds/alerts with the computer locked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to play a sound when you Shutdown, Lock or Unlock Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to play a sound when you Shutdown, Lock or Unlock Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to play a sound when you shut down or lock Windows 10 computer, then this article will show you how to do […] This article How to play a sound when you Shutdown, Lock or Unlock Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Play sound when computer sleeps and wakes up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Play sound when computer sleeps and wakes up?: Is there a way to have a sound play just before my computer goes to sleep, and again right after it wakes up? submitted by /u/chickenmatt5 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gmi956/play_sound_when_computer_sleeps_and_wakes_up/
  7. Why is Windows 10 playing sound when I lock my computer, and how to disable this feature

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is Windows 10 playing sound when I lock my computer, and how to disable this feature: Why is Windows 10 playing sound when I lock my computer, and how to disable this feature. I work for a law firm and I don't listen to anything on my PC at all, and have everything muted. So why does audio play when I lock my PC?! This could be a serious HIPAA violation...
  8. Windows will not play sound when I first boot my computer...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows will not play sound when I first boot my computer...: When I start my computer it doesn't play almost any sounds. If I change the volume it does ding but when I try to use any other type of sound I don't hear anything and I have to reboot my laptop. I have a Dell Latitude E6530 with Mixcder Devil headphones....
  9. Computer locking up when playing games/stressed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer locking up when playing games/stressed: Attachment 40442 My computer has been locking up recently. It seems fine until I start to put strain onto the system. This is usually done by me playing games. At first I thought it was heat and noticed my processor getting up there in temp. I went out and bought a new case...
  10. Play Sound when Unlock Computer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Play Sound when Unlock Computer in Windows: How to: Play Sound when Unlock Computer in Windows [img] Information Locking your PC protects it from unauthorized use when you need to step away from the PC, and don't want to shut down. When you unlock and sign in when ready to continue where you left off. Other...