Windows 10: Play without controller

Discus and support Play without controller in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want to play Forza and GOW but when I start the game it only asks to press A to start, but I don't have, never will have a f* controller installed on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bushy, Dec 6, 2016.

1. bushy Win User

Play without controller

I want to play Forza and GOW but when I start the game it only asks to press A to start, but I don't have, never will have a f* controller installed on the PC. Pressed every key trying to start the game, go to settings, something, but cannot pass the start screen?
    What is the alternative, if there is any.
    Thank you.

:)

bushy, Dec 6, 2016

2. How do I disconnect my Xbox 1 controller from the Xbox 1 app on Windows 10?

I tried to connect to the Xbox 1 connecting the controller to the PC, I don't know how to get my controller back. I want to play video games without um, using the Xbox 1 app to control the controller.

IssacWolfe, Dec 6, 2016
  3. drjackool Win User
    XBOX Controller Issue

Hi

I play Gears Of War 4 on PC with mouse and keyboard but i today purchased a XBOX ONE S controller, BUT playing via it is very hard!!!!!!

Controlling both move and aim stick is big problem, How to turn back quickly in the game without using the aim stick?

drjackool, Dec 6, 2016
  4. badrobot Win User

Play without controller

That's interesting. Did you try hitting the "Enter" key? Because mine asks to press "Enter" and not the "A" button.

Play without controller [​IMG]

badrobot, Dec 6, 2016
  5. Are you playing the game on the PC or streaming it from a game console? If I try to play a game from my XBOX on my PC in the XBOX App, I get the same prompt with no way around it. Other than to connect my XBOX Controller to my PC.

alphanumeric, Dec 6, 2016
  6. vgchat Win User
    All you need is any xbox controller. Xbox 360 or xbone controller, I even heard ps3 & ps4 controllers can work with some tweaking too.

vgchat, Dec 16, 2016
  7. bushy Win User
    I am trying to play it on the PC, I don't have an XBOX, I don't like to use controllers, I prefer mouse, so I don't have one.
    I tried to press all keys and nothing, really weird.
    It should just work, it's like the only input the game waits is for the controller, all keys, one should do it right.
    Anybody else had this problem, tried to use the mouse and not the controller?
    Thank you.

bushy, Dec 20, 2016
  8. Play without controller

Not to sound rude, but you picked a driving game, which means you should have a controller or a wheel to play it. There's nothing wrong with having a controller for your PC.

I'm not sure I understand your aversion to a controller, but those of us who primarily do our gaming on PC usually have them. You aren't going to be able to control a game like Forza without the proper equipment.

DeaconFrost, Dec 21, 2016
  9. I'll avoid having to use a game controller as much as possible on my PC. For FPS games I'll take my gaming keyboard and trackball any day over a game controller. And I have a wheel and peddles for racing sims. I use a controller on my XBOX only because I have to, not because I want to. I'm getting used to it but I would still rather use a my keyboard and trackball, even on my XBOX. Unfortunately it won't let me use a mouse/trackball. There is no mouse support on the XBOX and the games won't run if no controller is plugged in. Even if I stream a game to my PC from my XBOX I have to use a controller to play it.*Mad

alphanumeric, Dec 22, 2016
  10. bushy Win User
    Not at all dude, I have a G27 wheel, but how do I get in to the game, that's the question!
    Added to that, there is the GOW that I want to play as well, with keyboard and mouse, not the freaking controller.
    It is really strange this behavior, sounds like just a bug or bad programing job on the game itself.

bushy, Dec 22, 2016
  11. bushy Win User
    I don't know what solved it, and I don't like that, but somehow I downloaded the game again, first run, it worked.

bushy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Play without controller

1. Play without controller - Similar Threads - Play without controller

2. NOW PLAYING ON MEDIA CONTROLS

in Windows 10 Customization
    NOW PLAYING ON MEDIA CONTROLS: Hiya! Today I want to know how can I disable the media controls/now playing window whan I adjust the volume. Spotify, YouTube, Groove Music, Browsers, it's EVERYWHERE! I want to disable it from both volume and lock screen. Can you help me? Here are the examples....
  3. NOW PLAYING ON MEDIA CONTROLS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NOW PLAYING ON MEDIA CONTROLS: Hiya! Today I want to know how can I disable the media controls/now playing window whan I adjust the volume. Spotify, YouTube, Groove Music, Browsers, it's EVERYWHERE! I want to disable it from both volume and lock screen. Can you help me? Here are the examples....
  4. NOW PLAYING ON MEDIA CONTROLS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Game stutters while using controller, fine without controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game stutters while using controller, fine without controller: I have recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11, and now I have a problem playing a game using a controller. The game runs perfectly when the controller is not connected, but if I launch the game with the controller, it starts stuttering; however, FPS is not dropping I...
  6. Game stutters while using controller, fine without controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game stutters while using controller, fine without controller: I have recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11, and now I have a problem playing a game using a controller. The game runs perfectly when the controller is not connected, but if I launch the game with the controller, it starts stuttering; however, FPS is not dropping I...
  7. Play sound without Speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Play sound without Speaker: why isnt my windows 10 enterprise playing sound on my computer without speakers[Original Title: sound] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-sound-without-speaker/6844fb75-b45d-44ea-9b13-fe30e3cc7dad
  8. Play games without signing in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play games without signing in: Hello I just wanted to know how to play games without signing in to their microsoft account , I bought a game on my account and my brother wants to play the game but I don't want like giving my account to him then how do i give the game we both use the same pc...
  9. Pause/Play control bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pause/Play control bar: Hi! Just wondering if anybody knows how to disable the control bar that is in the picture? Thank you :) [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pauseplay-control-bar/390ffa81-888c-42c6-ae2a-41ccba6cc7c3
  10. Parental Controls without a Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parental Controls without a Microsoft Account: Hi, I've just re-installed Windows 10 on a family laptop. I want to create accounts for my two children (aged 13 & 11) that have a degree of protection, mainly in terms of sites and content types that they can access. However I don't like the fact that to create a child...