Windows 10: Playback Device not visible, Drivers updated, STUMPED

Discus and support Playback Device not visible, Drivers updated, STUMPED in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, first post and I hope this is in the right place. I've recently had to do a system restore to an earlier point to get my computer going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by blake8705, Jun 29, 2016.

1. blake8705 Win User

Playback Device not visible, Drivers updated, STUMPED

Hi guys, first post and I hope this is in the right place.

I've recently had to do a system restore to an earlier point to get my computer going again. My problem is that after the restore, I have no sound. Here is what I've tried:

Uninstall/Reinstall updated Drivers.
    Tried multiple different drivers from older to newest.
    Check services.msc and restarted, and ensured Audio/Audio Backend were set to auto.
    Safe mode uninstall and reinstall driver with register cleaning.
    Tried installing drivers in compatibility mode.
    Updated ALL drivers (chipset/bios/etc).
    Right clicked in playback devices to show disabled/etc - no dice.
    Googled this issue for 9 hours and tried everything I came across to no avail.

I had this problem once before, and I did find a fix in like a 20 page thread. Now i don't know where that thread went, but I know it has to be fixable. Now though I don't remember where I found that thread and I don't know how to fix this again *cry!

This is racking my brain and driving me insane, my microphone doesn't work, my sound won't play, but it does recognize my headphone jack. However the internal sound on my motherboard will not work!

I have a Dell Latitude E5550 running Windows 10. I feel like I have tried everything, but I know SOMEWHERE there is that one thing I did before and I don't know what it is! Please for the love of all that is good, can someone help me? I feel I'm losing my mind trying to get this sound working again! I know it is possible, but I can't for the life of me remember how I did it once before, or what I Googled to find out!

:)

blake8705, Jun 29, 2016
  2. Jakob_912 Win User

Audio issue windows 10

When I plug my headphones into my laptop, the sound plays through the speakers and headphones. My headphones are not visible in the playback devices and I have updated all drivers. All that is visible in the playback devices are the "Speakers" and "Digital
    Output". I have selected to see both disabled and disconnected devices. I have also updated realtek drivers and restarted my computer. The headphones work fine on other devices.

Jakob_912, Jun 29, 2016
  3. Audio Drivers Not Working

The sound suddenly stopped working on my laptop, and after reinstalling, updating, uninstalling, and rolling back the sound driver time and time again, I'm stumped. The driver says it is working, but it isn't. There is no driver for the volume mixer either,
    and the only device which shows up in the sound panel playback tab is "Digital Audio (HDMI)," which does nothing, and despite my reinstallations, still claims to be the 2001 version. There is no headphones or speakers listed in the playback tab. I've installed
    Realtex, but it doesn't show up in the device manager. What on earth is going on?

JonGinouves, Jun 29, 2016
Thema:

Playback Device not visible, Drivers updated, STUMPED

1. Playback Device not visible, Drivers updated, STUMPED - Similar Threads - Playback Device visible

2. STUMPED: GPedit.msc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STUMPED: GPedit.msc: My windows would not allow me to Win+L to log off. It used to work then just stopped randomly.I tried to open GPedit.msc but the file did not exist. I created a new GPedit.mscI opened GPedit.msc through +RunI navigated to: Administrative Templates>System>??? The "Ctrl+Alt+Del...
  3. A question on Playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    A question on Playback devices: I have a Razer Kraken X Headset and I've seen that it is being recognised as a Speaker in the Sound Control Panel, I've seen people with Headphones instead of Speakers in the control panel. Is this normal? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  4. Audio playback devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio playback devices: Hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  5. Stumped - Apple Mobile Device Driver does not show up in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stumped - Apple Mobile Device Driver does not show up in Windows 10: All, Been battling a very odd problem in Win 10 today and thought I would lay it out for the crew in here for some ideas. Using Windows 10 1809 and the latest version of iTunes. I usually only use iTunes to perform hardware/iOS upgrade for my iPhone and iPad. With iPadOS13...
  6. playback device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    playback device: no playback devices installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playback-device/6105a10c-d3d9-485c-8d05-1910a1572808
  7. Shortcut to Playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut to Playback devices: Hello All, I was wondering how I can get the shortcut back to 'Playback devices' on the menu you get when you right click the volume icon. In one update it was replaced with 'Sounds' and I don't know about you but I'm not changing my sounds so often I need a shortcut to...
  8. Playback devices

Playback devices: On my windows 10 fully updated. I can't separate the headphones from the speakers because they are both identified as one device in the playback devices. When I plug in the headphones, the sound is automatically played on it but when I switch back to the speaker, I must...
  9. Playback devices

Playback devices: Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the...
  10. Stumped this error

in Windows 10 Support
    Stumped this error: I was making an image with Macrium Reflect and wound up with an error which stumps me even searching. Any ideas ? Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell Error 5973 Activation of app Microsoft.BingWeather_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error: This app does not support the...