Windows 10: Playback device switch automation

Discus and support Playback device switch automation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How can I set my preferences to switch playback device if one is not available, then also if another device does become available (computer recognizes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by despues18, Aug 14, 2017.

1. despues18 Win User

Playback device switch automation

How can I set my preferences to switch playback device if one is not available, then also if another device does become available (computer recognizes it as being on) then switch back.

Hotkeys are ok too,

Thanks!

:)

despues18, Aug 14, 2017
  2. Ri-G Win User

How to disable Auto playback device detection. or lock it to my optical out ?

Not a problem with audio devices. It complains only about disabled nvidia audio device. And that is turned off hard in hardware by disable it to fix lot's of problems with auto detecting. It also start to complain that there's no speaker connected. That's
    correct because i use optical out only.

The problem is that windows need to stop switching my optical default playback device to something else. Or stop switching audio playback devices automatic at all. If that could be disabled it would solve i think all problems. I have btw 3 audio playback
    devices if we do not count the monitors.

3. *FIXED* Windows 10 1607 anniversary update broke my realtek audio driver.

Hello.

Windows 10 1607 update broke my audio driver by updating it. The same thing happened when I installed Windows 10. I noticed that my headphones were working fine, but my speakers sounded really bad. There was a speakers playback device and everytime I connected
    my headphones another playback device would pop up. So I went to playback devices and switched to the headphones playback device (the one that popped up). That fixed my speakers. But now, the speakers are messed up again, my headphones work but there is only
    one device in playback devices (even when I connect the headphones). My computer is 4 years old and so I need to keep using the old Realtek driver. I cannot rollback the driver, it's grayed out. Basically, I need to find the playback device in order to switch
    to it, as right now they switch automatically (I assume, since headphones are working but speakers aren't). (No, troubleshooter doesn't work) (Also, I am talking about playback devices in "Sound", the thing with playback, recording, sounds and communications).
    The driver events says: device install requested, device install requested, device migrated, driver service added (intcazaudaddservice) and driver service added (hdxsrsa.inf). "Show disabled devices" and "Show disconnected devices" both have a checkmark. Also
    I didn't try to uninstall the driver and reboot, as windows would probably download it from the internet (which wouldn't work as I need the old one).

Vašek Klimeš, Aug 14, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Insufficient information in My Computer about the computer and playback devices, either software or hardware.

Berton, Aug 14, 2017
  5. despues18 Win User
    so you mean that its not possible?

despues18, Aug 14, 2017
  6. eddman Win User
    It means you have to explain in detail. We have no idea what you are talking about.

eddman, Aug 14, 2017
  7. despues18 Win User
    So for your audio preferences/selection in the lower right-hand corner next to the time you can select playback devices and or recording devices. I would like to know how to have a hotkey set up to switch between selections. Or even better, if I can set the preferences to take one over the other if one becomes available.

despues18, Aug 14, 2017
  8. Eagle51 Win User

I think your looking for something like this ... Home | Audio Switcher

Eagle51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Playback device switch automation - Similar Threads - Playback device switch

2. Switching apps to different playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching apps to different playback devices: So Adobe Premiere Pro is currently outputting sound to speakers, how do I make it output to my headphones? I have tried Settings>System>Sound>App Volume Devices Preferences but it does not work. I also do not want to download other apps....
  3. Automating keyboard backlight switching.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Automating keyboard backlight switching.: Hi. I have a Perixx 324 keyboard with backlighting. Fn+Home keys toggle the lighting. When my computer boots-up, the keyboard backlighting lights up. That’s good. When I close down the computer, the backlighting remains on. That’s not so good. I have a shortcut to shut the...
  4. Is Cortana able to switch Audio Playback device?

in Cortana
    Is Cortana able to switch Audio Playback device?: Hi! So I am running with Cortana for a half a year or so and it's an amazing experience, she is super helpful. But I ran into one little detail devs could fix add new Feature if there is not such a feature implemented already. I may be running old build. Imagine that you...
  5. Listen to This Device is not switching when I change the Playback device

Listen to This Device is not switching when I change the Playback device: I use Line In to play audio through my PC speakers. I have the option selected to playback through Default Playback Device. Since the most recent Windows build update when I switch the sound output from Speakers to Headphones, the Line In continues to play through Speakers. I...
  6. playback device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    playback device: no playback devices installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playback-device/6105a10c-d3d9-485c-8d05-1910a1572808
  7. Playback devices

Playback devices: On my windows 10 fully updated. I can't separate the headphones from the speakers because they are both identified as one device in the playback devices. When I plug in the headphones, the sound is automatically played on it but when I switch back to the speaker, I must...
  8. Switching between "playback device" doesn't switch.

Switching between "playback device" doesn't switch.: Hello there, My Surface Pro 4 is unable to switch between the 3 various output audio devices as shown below. For example, audio would be playing through "Speakers (Surface Dock)" then when I switch to "Headset Earphone (4- Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000)", the audio...
  9. Playback Devices/Headphones and Speakers Auto Switching?

Playback Devices/Headphones and Speakers Auto Switching?: Is there a way to set speakers and headphones to switch back and forth automatically like Windows7 did? See also: plug my headphones in...headphones work. Unplug my headphones...speakers work...without having to right click the speaker and manually set what I'm using every...
  10. Playback devices

Playback devices: Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the...