Windows 10: Playback Devices/Headphones and Speakers Auto Switching?

Discus and support Playback Devices/Headphones and Speakers Auto Switching? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there a way to set speakers and headphones to switch back and forth automatically like Windows7 did? See also: plug my headphones in...headphones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by opanukester, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Playback Devices/Headphones and Speakers Auto Switching?

Is there a way to set speakers and headphones to switch back and forth automatically like Windows7 did? See also: plug my headphones in...headphones work. Unplug my headphones...speakers work...without having to right click the speaker and manually set what I'm using every time.

:)

opanukester, Oct 22, 2016

2. Sound not working, but with headphones it works.

Hmm. Try this. Plug in your headphone again then right click on the speaker icon and select Playback Devices.

Then, select speaker as your default playback device, click Apply and OK then see if it will play thru the speakers. If it will play disconnect the headphone and observe if it continue playing using the speaker.

eceb3c7c-b364-4010-b850-ed425a2b4952, Oct 22, 2016
  3. Headset replaces the speakers

When i connect my headset it "replaces" the speakers.

Headphones do not occure as a separate devices in playback devices(disabled devices too), but they start working INSTEAD of speakers.

So this is how it looks like:

I have my Speakers in the playback devices. I connect headset - microphone appears in the recording devices, but nothign changes in the playback devices, howerver, the sound is now being run through the headphones and i cannot make it run through speakers unless
    i disattach the headphone cable. How to fix it?

I want my headphones listed as a separate device, so i can run different sound though speakers and headphones, for instance - games and communication.

MaksymMalovichcko, Oct 22, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Playback Devices/Headphones and Speakers Auto Switching?

I'm not sure how it works with 3.5mm headphone jacks, but with USB headsets go to Control Panel > Sounds > Playback tab and with the headphones plugged in select them and then set them as the default playback device (click 'Set Default' button).

If they are the default playback device, when they are plugged in sound will come through them, when they are unplugged the sound will come through the normal speakers.

ARC1020, Oct 22, 2016
Thema:

Playback Devices/Headphones and Speakers Auto Switching?

1. Playback Devices/Headphones and Speakers Auto Switching? - Similar Threads - Playback Devices Headphones

2. No Speaker/Headphone Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Speaker/Headphone Device: I have had the issue that suddenly I lacked an audio output for my headphones. I shut off every other driver in my device manager and I am left with just a microphone option as an input but no outputs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the high definition audio driver and am...
  3. No Speaker/Headphone Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Speaker/Headphone Device: I have had the issue that suddenly I lacked an audio output for my headphones. I shut off every other driver in my device manager and I am left with just a microphone option as an input but no outputs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the high definition audio driver and am...
  4. Headphones stopped auto switching to and from speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones stopped auto switching to and from speakers: Hello everyone.Ive had this problem for a while now and I have been in contact with Corsiar and they have reconmended that I come here to find a solution/ workaround.Ive had a set of Corsair Virtuoso SE wireless headphones for probably close to a year now and they were...
  5. Headphones stopped auto switching to and from speakers

Headphones stopped auto switching to and from speakers: Hello everyone.Ive had this problem for a while now and I have been in contact with Corsiar and they have reconmended that I come here to find a solution/ workaround.Ive had a set of Corsair Virtuoso SE wireless headphones for probably close to a year now and they were...
  6. Audio outputs/playback not switching from headphones to speakers and vice versa.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio outputs/playback not switching from headphones to speakers and vice versa.: I have been having a problem with the audio not switching whenever I plug my headphones in or take them out. It used to work before where I plugged my headphones in and the audio from the speakers would automatically switch but now, I have no clue what caused this issue. Now...
  7. Audio outputs/playback not switching from headphones to speakers and vice versa.

Audio outputs/playback not switching from headphones to speakers and vice versa.: I have been having a problem with the audio not switching whenever I plug my headphones in or take them out. It used to work before where I plugged my headphones in and the audio from the speakers would automatically switch but now, I have no clue what caused this issue. Now...
  8. Audio outputs/playback not switching from headphones to speakers and vice versa.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Playback device switch automation

Playback device switch automation: How can I set my preferences to switch playback device if one is not available, then also if another device does become available (computer recognizes it as being on) then switch back. Hotkeys are ok too, Thanks! 91434
  10. Headphones not showing in Playback Devices

Headphones not showing in Playback Devices: So I've just finished installing the creators update and only Speakers are showing in Playback Devices. I've tried updating my sound drivers as well as selecting 'Show Disabled/Disconnected Devices'. I've also run the troubleshooter. Headphones do not appear as an option in...