Windows 10: Playback devices show a speaker, but my sound does not work.

Discus and support Playback devices show a speaker, but my sound does not work. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay, so about 2 hours ago I was in a teamspeak. Suddenly my microphone and headset cut out, immediately I right clicked the sound icon and selected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Harry11764, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Playback devices show a speaker, but my sound does not work.

Okay, so about 2 hours ago I was in a teamspeak. Suddenly my microphone and headset cut out, immediately I right clicked the sound icon and selected 'playback devices' there were three icons I didn't recognise one was a speaker that said 'Xsplit audio renderer'

Another was a picture of a headphone

Another was a speaker which said 'Via HD Audio'

If I remember correctly it should say realtek or something, but it didn't. None of them worked, but if I played a video it detected the sound from the video but I couldn't hear it.

Please someone help...

Also sorry if this is on the wrong thread, I didn't know where else to put it

:)

Harry11764, Sep 2, 2016
  2. kressnik Win User

Switching sound between devices

As I already said, headphones are chosen as playback device. Why would they even work if it isn't? The point is, the device that is not chosen as neither playback device nor communication device should not play any sound, but my speakers do.

Once again. Both devices work fine, both connected. If speakers are chosen in playback devices, they produce all sounds that my system makes, but if headphones are chosen, some sounds still go to speakers!

kressnik, Sep 2, 2016
  3. *FIXED* Windows 10 1607 anniversary update broke my realtek audio driver.

Hello.

Windows 10 1607 update broke my audio driver by updating it. The same thing happened when I installed Windows 10. I noticed that my headphones were working fine, but my speakers sounded really bad. There was a speakers playback device and everytime I connected
    my headphones another playback device would pop up. So I went to playback devices and switched to the headphones playback device (the one that popped up). That fixed my speakers. But now, the speakers are messed up again, my headphones work but there is only
    one device in playback devices (even when I connect the headphones). My computer is 4 years old and so I need to keep using the old Realtek driver. I cannot rollback the driver, it's grayed out. Basically, I need to find the playback device in order to switch
    to it, as right now they switch automatically (I assume, since headphones are working but speakers aren't). (No, troubleshooter doesn't work) (Also, I am talking about playback devices in "Sound", the thing with playback, recording, sounds and communications).
    The driver events says: device install requested, device install requested, device migrated, driver service added (intcazaudaddservice) and driver service added (hdxsrsa.inf). "Show disabled devices" and "Show disconnected devices" both have a checkmark. Also
    I didn't try to uninstall the driver and reboot, as windows would probably download it from the internet (which wouldn't work as I need the old one).

Vašek Klimeš, Sep 2, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Playback devices show a speaker, but my sound does not work.

Just reinstall the sound software/drivers for your PC?

Steve C, Sep 3, 2016
Thema:

Playback devices show a speaker, but my sound does not work.

1. Playback devices show a speaker, but my sound does not work. - Similar Threads - Playback devices show

2. Speaker devices now showing in playback devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker devices now showing in playback devices: I was re installing my pc, but it ended the speaker audio devices not showing its only showing Audio Digital HDMI because i use speaker so the sound isn't coming out, i already do troubleshoot, update, and uninstall the driver, but i still can't fix the problem....
  3. Speaker devices now showing in playback devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speaker devices now showing in playback devices: I was re installing my pc, but it ended the speaker audio devices not showing its only showing Audio Digital HDMI because i use speaker so the sound isn't coming out, i already do troubleshoot, update, and uninstall the driver, but i still can't fix the problem....
  4. Speaker devices now showing in playback devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No sound showing in playback device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound showing in playback device: I checked on device manager and I have audio driver installed but I have x mark in my speaker, and I checked in my playback devices no speaker showing. I have no sound at all. I have updated the drivers and Windows, but my sound is not coming....
  6. No sound showing in playback device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound showing in playback device: I checked on device manager and I have audio driver installed but I have x mark in my speaker, and I checked in my playback devices no speaker showing. I have no sound at all. I have updated the drivers and Windows, but my sound is not coming....
  7. No sound showing in playback device

8. Internal laptop speakers show in Playback Devices, but produce no sound

Internal laptop speakers show in Playback Devices, but produce no sound: I have a laptop that is giving audio issues. When a USB soundbar or analog headset is plugged in, the sound goes through either of those devices without issue, but the internal speakers produce no sound. The internal speakers show in Playback Devices and Device Manager, and...
  9. Playback speaker sound

Playback speaker sound: I have a lenovo laptop, an excellent product. However, I have a very strange problem with audio playback on the speakers, I can hardly hear the playback from Pandora, or other web sites. I've used the troubleshooter, made sure I have the right driver. etc. When I perform...
  10. No sound & speakers missing in Playback Devices

No sound & speakers missing in Playback Devices: I have no sound on my new Windows 10 PC. Things I've tried: 1) Uninstalled and reinstalled sound drivers with multiple restarts 2) Checked power is connected 3) Checked speakers are connected via the green jack There's another fix I was trying in the Playback Devices...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i deleted my phonic device from other devices on my laptop