Windows 10: Playing a Blu-Ray video disc?

Discus and support Playing a Blu-Ray video disc? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a Blu-Ray disc drive for my Windows 10 PC. I can see the files with Windows Explorer. When I insert a Blu-Ray disc, nothing happens.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mobile1, Feb 2, 2016.

1. mobile1 Win User

Playing a Blu-Ray video disc?

I bought a Blu-Ray disc drive for my Windows 10 PC. I can see the files with Windows Explorer.

When I insert a Blu-Ray disc, nothing happens.

Windows Media Player does not play it. Does it support Blu-Ray?

Can anyone tell me how to play it?

Thank you for your help.

:)

mobile1, Feb 2, 2016
  2. lanperter Win User

How to Play Blu-rays on Windows 10?

Windows 10 brings a lot of good stuff to the table, but it also takes away some key functionality that Windows 7 users might miss. In Windows 10, you have to say goodbye to Windows Media Center and with it, the ability to play DVDs natively. Fortunately,
    there are always solutions out there that allow us to watch DVDs in Windows 10 for free. But what if you want to play Blu-ray discs in Windows 10 since it still can not play Blu-ray directly? Yeah, with the pulling of suppot for the software in Windows 10,
    it become more difficult to play BLu-rya discs on your computer. So what are we going to do about it? Read on for details.

As for media support, Windows 10 gets native support for MKV and High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC). But still there is no Bly-Ray playback support. However, that doesn't mean you have to live without Blu-Ray movies with Windows 10. There are plenty of free
    Blu-Ray player for Windows 10. This article introduces professional & free Blu-Ray Player for Windows 10 and a detailed guide to help you watch, open, play Blu-Ray in Windows 10 easily.

Note: The first thing you need is to get a Blu-ray drive or Blu-ray disc player. There are plenty of them available, and they'll work with the Windows PCs without any problem. Note that the DVD drive cannot play Blu-ray discs.

Method 1: Use Third Party Optical Blu-ray Disc Players to Play Blu-ray Discs in Windows 10 for free

VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. And by adding AACS and BD+ DRM libraries and keys, VLC can play most of Blu-Ray
    movies. Here is a complete guide on how to enable VLC to play Blu-Ray in Windows 10.

Method 2: Use professional Blu Ray Player for Windows 10 to play Blu Ray on Windows 10

Step 1: Free download UFUSoft Blu Ray Player for Windows 10. Install and launch it.

Step 2: Add Blu-Ray movies to Blu Ray Player for Windows 10

The Windows 10 Blu Ray Player supports loading video from Blu-Ray disc, Blu-Ray folder or IFO file. Click “Open Disc” or “Open File” button to load your Blu-Ray movies.

Playing a Blu-Ray video disc? [​IMG]

Step 3: Play Blu-Ray movies on Windows 10

When movie is loaded, you can play Blu-Ray movies with outstanding and perfect video quality.

lanperter, Feb 2, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    my computer isnt detecting blu ray discs

Windows 10 doesn't play Blu-Ray discs. You'll have to buy separate software to play Blu-ray on Windows 10. There is a way to play for free, but it's not easy:

How to Watch Blu-Ray Discs on Windows 10

BulldogXX, Feb 2, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

I've been thinking of getting a Blu-Ray Optical drive and what I have seen is it would be best to get one that has the software with it for playing the Blu-Ray discs or burning to a Blu-Ray disc. I wouldn't need the movie creation part of the software as more interested in playing and data storage. Some of the available programs are not exactly cheap, running over $50 and considerably more.

Berton, Feb 2, 2016
  5. philc43 Win User
    There are some free programs you can download that will play blue-ray disks for you. One I use is Leawo and it will work on Windows 10.

philc43, Feb 2, 2016
  6. mike s Win User
    If your Blu-Ray disc was a commercial release, the chances are that the files are encrypted despite the fact that you can see their directory entries.

VLC player (VideoLan) can play Blu-Ray discs with simple navigation using its own controls (NOT the menus programmed into the disc content itself). If it's a commercial disc you need a decryptor and a matching AACS key database. There are downloadable builds of VLC which have all of the required elements build it (see the info pages and links at labDV - Multimedia software).

mike s, Feb 2, 2016
  7. bobkn Win User
    Just to be clear: Windows 10 does not include software for viewing Bluray movies.

I don't know which, if any, of the freeware applications mentioned above will work on commercial (encrypted) Blurays. I purchased Nero as burning software (CD/DVD/Bluray), and the version I bought includes a Bluray player. I haven't used it much (prefer the 40" TV), but it works.

bobkn, Feb 3, 2016
  8. Steve C Win User

I understand the latest Nero version no longer includes a BluRay player. I now use the free Bluray player Leawo Best Free Blu-ray Player Software for Windows - Leawo Blu-ray Player

Steve C, Nov 21, 2016
  9. Dominik Win User
    yes leawo blu-ray player is good!

Dominik, Nov 21, 2016
  10. swarfega Win User
    If you want to play blue ray media your best bet is to consider buying either WinDVD Pro (it has to be the Pro version for blue ray support) or Cyberlink Power DVD Pro or Ultra. Both of these programs are long standing and well known.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Playing a Blu-Ray video disc? - Similar Threads - Playing Blu Ray

2. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  3. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  4. Unable to Play Blu-Ray

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Play Blu-Ray: I just purchased a new 4K Blu-Ray my first ever Blu-Ray and I had hoped to watch it today on my Windows 10 PC. When inserting the disk, it makes some grinding noises, but nothing happens beside a disk icon occasionally flashing on my cursor before all goes quiet.I try going...
  5. Crackling Sound/Distortion while playing some Blu-Ray discs/videos

Crackling Sound/Distortion while playing some Blu-Ray discs/videos: Windows Version 20H2, Build 19042.685, Pro, 64 This one is odd. Built a new PC in May 2020 using i9-9900KF and Asus Z-390E Gaming MB. I installed an LG WH14NS40 Blu-ray/DVD reader/writer from an earlier build plus a Creative SB X-Fi Titanium soundcard, also from an earlier...
  6. Blu-Ray disc support

Blu-Ray disc support: Blu-Ray triple-layer 100GB re-writable discs - what is the best software to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blu-ray-disc-support/e87e512c-da5e-41a6-95bc-58a6d26a41ab
  7. How to Play Blu-ray Disc on Windows 10 PC?

How to Play Blu-ray Disc on Windows 10 PC?: Windows 10 brings a lot of good stuff to the table, but it also takes away some key functionality that Windows 7 users might miss. In Windows 10, you have to say goodbye to Windows Media Center and with it, the ability to play DVDs natively. Fortunately, there are always...
  8. Copying video to Blu Ray Disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying video to Blu Ray Disc: Hi im trying to move or copy a MPEG2 video from PC to Blu Ray disc it just doesnt do it, for some reason , this error message may have something to do with it do i delete this desktop .ini file ? Thanks for your help ! [IMG][IMG][IMG]...
  9. How to play Blu-Rays

How to play Blu-Rays: I have 2 blu-ray burner drives on my system, one from Pioneer and one from LG. I have no problem with either of them for data disks or DVDs, but Blu-Rays have been a headache. I got CyberLink PowerDVD 10 with one of the drives, and that version is apparently incompatible...
  10. Blu-ray Disc Association New Ultra HD Blu-ray Specification and Logo

in Windows 10 News
    Blu-ray Disc Association New Ultra HD Blu-ray Specification and Logo: [img] Format Licensing on Schedule to Commence Summer 2015 LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) today announced completion of the Ultra HD Blu-ray™ specification and released the new logo that will delineate Ultra HD Blu-ray products. The...