Windows 10: Playing a CD

Discus and support Playing a CD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have ripped two CD's using a LG portable writer. One of the CD's plays but one does not. I do not remember if I ripped the two CD's in a different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RoyBowker, Aug 16, 2018.

1. RoyBowker Win User

Playing a CD

I have ripped two CD's using a LG portable writer. One of the CD's plays but one does not. I do not remember if I ripped the two CD's in a different way (I'm in my 80's so excuse my memory banks) Should I finalise the one that will not play (although I didn't do it on other CD) or is there anything else I can do. The CD keeps ejecting.

Hoping you can help.

Roy Bowker

:)

RoyBowker, Aug 16, 2018
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

CD plays one disc incorrectly

For us to isolate the issue, we would like to clarify if you were referring to another computer when you said
    "The CD plays fine elsewhere so it is OK." on your first post. If so, is it both running Windows 10 version?

To identify the exact reason why the issue is happening, we suggest playing the disc manually using the steps below:

• Type File Explorer on Cortana/Search bar, then click it.
    • On the File Explorer window, click This PC.
    • Right-click on the CD drive then, click Open.
      Playing a CD 7415d552-8599-4d63-8121-16dc57c5d669.png
    • The music files will show up, choose a certain music to play.

Let us know if the music will respond accordingly.

Mayra Aqu, Aug 16, 2018
  3. MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Playing a CD

what prevents a cd from playing?

Hi DePrey,

We would like to ask you some questions for clarification to know the best possible resolution to offer.

• Did you make any recent changes before the issue started?
    • What application are you using to play or run your CD?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done on your end?

We look forward to your response.

Jarius Tol, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Playing a CD

1. Playing a CD - Similar Threads - Playing

2. I’ve been getting blue screens while streaming on obs while playing on the quest 3.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’ve been getting blue screens while streaming on obs while playing on the quest 3.: So I stream on obs with my quest 3 and usually mid way through the stream I get hit with a blue screen and it’s really frustating. I get a watchdog violation error code and the blue screen is transparent...
  3. I’ve been getting blue screens while streaming on obs while playing on the quest 3.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’ve been getting blue screens while streaming on obs while playing on the quest 3.: So I stream on obs with my quest 3 and usually mid way through the stream I get hit with a blue screen and it’s really frustating. I get a watchdog violation error code and the blue screen is transparent...
  4. Laptop SHUTDOWNING while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop SHUTDOWNING while playing games: My pc gets shutdown while playing games Only games not any other optional software are facing the same issue I even tried installing windows still its not Fixing the problems...
  5. Laptop SHUTDOWNING while playing games

Laptop SHUTDOWNING while playing games: My pc gets shutdown while playing games Only games not any other optional software are facing the same issue I even tried installing windows still its not Fixing the problems...
  6. PC randomly blue screens only when playing roblox. .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly blue screens only when playing roblox. .: Anyone know the issue for this? When I play games like r6 cod or fortnite this never happens. My pc will just freeze then blue screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-randomly-blue-screens-only-when-playing-roblox/c687b714-68c1-4995-a5da-6cad0a62ece7
  7. PC randomly blue screens only when playing roblox. .

PC randomly blue screens only when playing roblox. .: Anyone know the issue for this? When I play games like r6 cod or fortnite this never happens. My pc will just freeze then blue screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-randomly-blue-screens-only-when-playing-roblox/c687b714-68c1-4995-a5da-6cad0a62ece7
  8. I'm having problems with JW Library on my laptop? When I select Play ALL or even shuffle...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having problems with JW Library on my laptop? When I select Play ALL or even shuffle...: I'm having problems with JW Library on my laptop? When I select Play ALL or even shuffle for music audio or video then it only plays the first 2 songs and then stops playing.It's fine on my phone but on my pc both streaming and downloaded only play the first two songs then it...
  9. I'm having problems with JW Library on my laptop? When I select Play ALL or even shuffle...

I'm having problems with JW Library on my laptop? When I select Play ALL or even shuffle...: I'm having problems with JW Library on my laptop? When I select Play ALL or even shuffle for music audio or video then it only plays the first 2 songs and then stops playing.It's fine on my phone but on my pc both streaming and downloaded only play the first two songs then it...
  10. If A User wants to use DuckDuckGo and load an app from the Google Play store because the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If A User wants to use DuckDuckGo and load an app from the Google Play store because the...: If a User wants to use Duck Duck Go and or any other Browser other than Edge and they need an app that is in the Google Play Store but not in the Microsoft Store, does this mean that Windows in S mode has to be disabled?...