Windows 10: Playing a DVD on my New Surface Pro

Discus and support Playing a DVD on my New Surface Pro in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I just bought a New Surface Pro and I am trying to figure out how to play DVD's on it. I also bought an LG DVD writer which functions as an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BonnieGilstrap, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Playing a DVD on my New Surface Pro

Hello, I just bought a New Surface Pro and I am trying to figure out how to play DVD's on it. I also bought an LG DVD writer which functions as an optical DVD reader. I am trying to decide if I need to download an app to play my DVD's or what. For some reason Window Media Player doesn't show any options for playing DVD's. Help!

:)

BonnieGilstrap, Aug 11, 2018

2. Samsung portable dvd writer model se 208 not workiing on my surface pro

Hi Manalulu,

In order to help you with your concern about your portable DVD writer not working with your Surface Pro, kindly answer the following questions first:

• How are you connecting the portable DVD writer to your Surface Pro?
    • Is this the first time you are going to connect these two devices?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you use the DVD writer to your Surface device? If you do, kindly post it here.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Samsung portable dvd writer model se 208 not workiing on my surface pro

Hello Jesrael,

• Through USB.
    • Yes it is the first time.
    • No error messages.
    • Spotted it in the "Computer" as a DVD Drive and right clicked to open it and was asked which app it wanted me to open it with. Tried windows media but it could not open it.
    Regards,

Manalulu

Manalulu Osman, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Playing a DVD on my New Surface Pro

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Playing a DVD on my New Surface Pro

1. Playing a DVD on my New Surface Pro - Similar Threads - Playing DVD Surface

2. Continuos BSODs on my new Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continuos BSODs on my new Surface Pro 7: Hi, a month ago i received a replacement for my Surface Pro 7 which had stopped recognizing my keyboard after just three months of having it, but the new one is giving me problems yet again. As soon as I got it, it immediately started giving me random BSODs. I spent the last...
  3. How to play DVD movie on my Microsoft Surface Pro???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to play DVD movie on my Microsoft Surface Pro???: I installed a DVD movie on my external DVD player and Win 10 encountered an error. I cannot believe that I spent a fortune on this device only to find it won't play DVD movies. I looked through programs at Control Panel and see nothing there. Then I tried to download Win...
  4. My dvd won’t play!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My dvd won’t play!: Ok, so Power Media Player wants me to pay $70 to update and I’m not going to do that. Is there another media player supported by Windows 10 that I can use? submitted by /u/Saledato [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eb1v9d/my_dvd_wont_play/
  5. New Surface Pro 7

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    New Surface Pro 7: Hi, I have always been a fan of Microsoft until my surface pro 3 - loved it in the beginning however it always had a bit of a bug now and then with the screen. This eventually got worse and worse by the time i found out what the bug was in the touch screen the surface was out...
  6. How to. Stop the ads on my new surface pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to. Stop the ads on my new surface pro: I paid a lot for this surface pro. Why all the ads https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-the-ads-on-my-new-surface-pro/8e943fcd-527e-4eb2-9f01-01e0fc1fbe3b
  7. playing a DVD on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    playing a DVD on my laptop: How do I get a DVD to play on my lap top? Do I need to download an app? Is all I need installed with Microsoft office software? Can you help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-a-dvd-on-my-laptop/528d6ea6-d295-4656-8392-f04c53ee26f0
  8. DVD DRIVE WORKS BUT WILL NOT PLAY NEW STORE BOUGHT DVD's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD DRIVE WORKS BUT WILL NOT PLAY NEW STORE BOUGHT DVD's: I have a problem with my DVD/CD internal optical drive. It can read, write and play self made CD and DVD’s, burn music and DVD files to disc. It will read and play some older store bought DVD’s but will not read and play any of my newly store purchased DVD’s. The drive...
  9. Meet the new Surface Pro

in Windows 10 News
    Meet the new Surface Pro: Introducing the next generation of Surface Pro. Available for pre-order today, the new Surface Pro delivers the most performance and battery life in a laptop this thin and light.* TwWs2jIy4js The Surface team never stops growing and learning. We listen to our...
  10. This is the new Microsoft Surface Pro

in Windows 10 News
    This is the new Microsoft Surface Pro: Microsoft is holding an event on Tuesday, May 23 in Shanghai, China where it will unveil a widely anticipated refresh of its Surface Pro 4 laptop-class Windows 10-powered tablet, known simply as the Surface Pro. But you won’t have to wait until then to check out the new model...