Windows 10: Playing an MPEG file

Discus and support Playing an MPEG file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been trying to view/play a MPEG video file, on 9926. All I get is the sound and no video. Am I missing something? Thanks, Harold 4334 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sd75mac, Feb 23, 2015.

1. sd75mac Win User

Playing an MPEG file

I've been trying to view/play a MPEG video file, on 9926. All I get is the sound and no video. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Harold

:)

sd75mac, Feb 23, 2015
  2. mccbleue Win User

.mp4 files not playing on 5130 xpressmusic

It depends how the files were encoded. The 5130 will play normal MP4-video files but it won't play MPEG-4(H264) or MPEG-4(VSP) files.

mccbleue, Feb 23, 2015
  3. Nokia 5800 xpressmusic audio does not work for video download

I'm totally confused.

You say mpeg files don't play yet at the same time Mpeg-4 and Mpeg-1 Layer 3 seem to work fine!?

MP3= Mpeg-1

AAC=Mpeg-4

MP4=Mpeg-4

3GP=Could be AMR, WB-AMR or MPEG-4

So can you be more specific?

What message do you get when you try to play them?, what format/bitrate/number of channels are these files?

Usually you can convert any audio file into another audio file. There are 1000s of audio encoders and converters out there.

el_loco---01, Feb 23, 2015
  4. Vladimir Win User

Playing an MPEG file

What application are you using to play the file?

~edit~

I always install K-Lite Codecs and Media Player Classic. It plays anything !

*Smile

Vladimir, Feb 23, 2015
  5. sd75mac Win User
    Default of Windows Media Player

sd75mac, Feb 23, 2015
  6. Winuser Win User
    Try VLC or Media Player Classic. No need for codecs.

Winuser, Feb 23, 2015
  7. sd75mac Win User
    Thanks very much.

Harold

sd75mac, Feb 23, 2015
  8. Playing an MPEG file

akashrajgure, Apr 2, 2015
  9. MikeHawthorne, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Playing an MPEG file

1. Playing an MPEG file - Similar Threads - Playing MPEG file

2. mpeg-1 layer 2 not playing audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mpeg-1 layer 2 not playing audio: Created an MP4 video file using the mpeg-1 layer 2 selection in Media Encoder but none of the windows players will play the audio, yet VLC does. Help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mpeg-1-layer-2-not-playing-audio/20342a60-d0da-42ec-966f-265e677198c0
  3. mpeg-1 layer 2 not playing audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mpeg-1 layer 2 not playing audio: Created an MP4 video file using the mpeg-1 layer 2 selection in Media Encoder but none of the windows players will play the audio, yet VLC does. Help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mpeg-1-layer-2-not-playing-audio/20342a60-d0da-42ec-966f-265e677198c0
  4. MPEG-TS file in preview pane of file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MPEG-TS file in preview pane of file explorer: I downloaded some mp 4 file but I could not get a duration of video. Moreover when I clicked on "properties" the detail section also did not give any info. I tried with Media Info which gave info that is really not a mp4 but mpeg-ts file. I just rename extension from mp4...
  5. MPEG - 2 codec OFFLINE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MPEG - 2 codec OFFLINE: Hello, How can I install the Microsoft MPEG-2 codec offline? Running Powershell Add-AppXPackage ... does not work with an air-gapped system. - And no, there is no way to get this system on a network, please don't provide networked option as a solution. Please provide...
  6. MPEG Codec 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    MPEG Codec 2: I am attempting to download this codec from the microsoft store but it gives me an error after it begins the download. There is plenty of space on the drive and it is the system drive. What else could be the issue?...
  7. MPEG-2 Video Extension

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MPEG-2 Video Extension: Im trying to install the appx package from microsoft store on a older w10 build 10.0.14393, but it seems like this build is not supported, and i get this error when i run the package: hresult 0x80073cfd. Is there any other way to install this extension to support the w10...
  8. MPEG (.ts) Video File - Audio Stutters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MPEG (.ts) Video File - Audio Stutters: Good day! So i recently downloaded a bunch of movies using IDM, but when i play the file, the video look fine - but the audio stutters, (i tried Windows Media Player, and VLC, the audio still stuttering) I downloaded 4 different movies, and they have the same problem (even...
  9. Microsoft Photos & Mpeg-2 Files

Microsoft Photos & Mpeg-2 Files: Got a batch of files from A Sony Handycam and they are Mpeg-2 Files. Microsoft Photos will not let me import these giving me the following error [img] I have the MPEG-2 Extension from the MS store installed. Strangely, Microsoft Film & TV quite happily plays these files....
  10. I can't get MPEG movies files to play on Windows Media Player

I can't get MPEG movies files to play on Windows Media Player: I have MPEG movie files from 8 or 9 years ago. They played just fine in Win 7, but now both WMP and Windows Movies & TV will not play them. What can I do to see them again? Thank you, TRS 50223